LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

LinkedIn Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

1,852 Interview Reviews

Intern data scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2019.

Interview

Application par mail, 1 appel technique (SQL) puis si pris 2 appels techniques (1 : problem-solving, analytical skills and A/B testing , 2 : domain specific around public policy )

Interview Questions

• Il était demandé de résoudre un pb avec SQL (éditeur en ligne)   Answer Question

Demand Generation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Après avoir postulé à une offre via LinkedIn, j'ai été recontacté quelques semaines plus tard par un recruteur pour un screening call. Suite à cet échange le recruteur m'a proposé un autre job dans l'équipe qui correspondait plus à mon profil. Puis, les entretiens Skype se sont succédés : 1:1 avec chacun des membres de l'équipe et la manager, présentation d'un cas devant l'équipe entière, 1:1 avec un membre de l'équipe aux USA et 1:1 avec la Directrice EMEA.

Le process est plutôt long pour un niveau Associates mais l'équipe RH était présente du début à la fin avec un briefing avant chaque entretien et un débriefing un ou deux jours après chaque entretien. Bienveillance et challenge étaient au rendez-vous de ces entretiens mais l'équipe prend vraiment le temps de comprendre votre projet professionnel, vos envies et votre personnalité, au delà des compétences, pour vérifier que vous allez bien vous intégrer à l'équipe. On sent que l'entreprise se donne les moyens de recruter les meilleurs talents.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Paris (France)) in September 2016.

Interview

J'ai passé trois entretiens. Le premier sous forme de discussion avec une RH qui m'a présenté le groupe, son activité etc... (30 minutes). Le second avec le talent acquisition manager qui m'a posé des questions sur mon parcours et mon travail actuel. Le troisième avec le manager de la team du poste.

Interview Questions

• What is you commercial track record?   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Pretty much exactly as others described here -- a recruiter pinged me about the position via LinkedIn, had a short call, there was a coding interview, a technical interview, and then a multi-hour interview with different teams that included several parts (code review, system architecture & design, incident response, behavioral meeting with a hiring manager, and hands-on troubleshooting).

Interview Questions

• Systems are bouncing after a new version is deployed and rollback fails -- what do you do, do you/how do you escalate, what do you include in your post-mortem/future mitigation steps?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a normal phone interview, a typical interview like other tech company. The interviewer called in, then ask me to talk about my project, and then start coding problem.

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview was rescheduled to 7.30PM EST due to conflict that arose. Hiring manager was late, understandably due to toddler tantrum. Interview that was to last 45 min lasted 20 min with interviewer asking 2 questions. One question was what your long-term career goals are. The question is considered as not genuine (any exp. interviewer would know). I would question any hiring manager who asks that as a question during the first interactions. Employees are more focused on 2-5-year goals. The reason the interview was cut short I suspect is because the hiring manager likely had to return to said toddler. Next time just reschedule the interview.
    I spoke to 2 individuals who worked on hiring managers team and the feedback was that he is intense, works long hours (sleeps for 4 hours) and into the detail. I also tried to find diverse individuals on his team and finance in general and there was none. All Asians, a few white people but seems all Asians. A former colleague at Microsoft also mentioned that LI finance has had challenges with respect to diverse colleagues. There is hardly any diversity in Finance. From the lower levels to the higher levels
    Does it also surprise you I never heard from HR following said interview? Rejection/next steps (nothing). It could possibly be because of the layoffs. Communication is key when you are recruiting new candidates. It also felt like they were feeling their pipeline as they had just hired for a role I applied for. (by the time they called me for interview)
    I really like Jeff Weiner and had him speak at a few events. He appears to be an amazing and charismatic leader. I really hope they rethink a couple of thinks
    o Interview process with hiring managers
    o Getting diversity across board but specifically in LT roles across the board. Finance looks terrible from the lower levels.
    Remember diverse candidates want to see you are serious and committed to your goals. One of the questions I typically ask is “how does diversity look at the leadership levels”. In this day with the current environment, no one wants performative stated goals/commitments from companies

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

On-site with 5 different people within the team I'll be working with. It went pretty fast, 30 mins per person. Showed me around the floor and gave me some snacks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role we're looking to hire?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen, four initial rounds and a final onsite with Exec team. Interviewers were very friendly and approachable. Prepare by sharpening your product sense skills. Questions were relevant to previous experience and what a typical PM would do on the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

LinkedIn reached out to me about a possible role in their organization. (Note: I did not apply for a position, they proactively contacted me.) The entire process was unprofessional and disjointed. LinkedIn missed multiple scheduled interviews and commitments with me. The excuses for the missed meetings were not believable. Then lastly, being completely ghosted by them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your sales experience.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

LinkedIn has been a pretty painful interviewing process purely due to the recruiting team.

The process itself is pretty straight forward.

HR Screen
    Product Manager call
    Interview panel for 5 interviewers

In between each step, the recruiter I worked with took two weeks with radio silence to respond. Even when checking in and nudging, it's been a really disappointing process to not get feedback or updates. I did the final loop three weeks ago and haven't gotten a rejection yet. It's sad that a company whose mission is to help people's professional lives drops the ball on treating applicants like people.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? How would you improve it? Why hasn't the company done so already?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.