LifeLabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

LifeLabs Interview Questions

Interviews at LifeLabs

2.8

Processing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

It was on my phone on the automated system they give you a couple minutes to answer the questions then proceed to the next they send a email and a phone number to call Then from there I think they review it and if they like what you have to say they will call you for dinner view unfortunately I didn’t get one so be where you’re not talking to a person you’re talking to an automated system which I wasn’t very happy about

Interview Questions

• It was on my phone on the automated system they give you a couple minutes to answer the questions then proceed to the next   1 Answer

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

Online Application was filled on the company website, about 1 week to hear from HR
    about 1 week to phone interview with Team. Week passed and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• HR: Basic Questions about soft skills, salary expectation
      Team: Previous experience, Current Experience, questions from resume   Answer Question

Medical Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

Fairly simple behavioural and laboratory safety questions. The interview was a half an hour and the questions ranged from when I have went above and beyond in a previous job to what are some risk factors from drawing blood

Interview Questions

• What may a health inspector look for while inspecting a laboratory   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Interview

Standard interview questions - some behavioural and some situational questions. Described the job in further detailed and did a Q&A afterwards. Although it was a 1:1 interview, it was low stressed.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

The hiring manager and HR partner were both present, both asked behavioral questions. Both were quite personable and I was able to hear back from them shortly. It was a good interview.

Lab Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Burnaby, BC).

Interview

Applied online. Within a few days I got a call from a person (not a bot) for a quick screen (availability, a couple of easy behavioural and technical questions). About a week later, the supervisor of the department I applied for scheduled an interview with me. The interview took about 30-40 mins with the supervisor. Was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you struggled at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you overcame a tough situation with coworkers or peers.   Answer Question
    • Characteristics that would help you qualify for the job?   Answer Question
    • What situation or work experiences have you been through that need accuracy?   Answer Question
    • Your coworker reports to you that another coworker is not cooperating. How would you handle this?   Answer Question
    • How would your hobbies and interests relate to the job?   Answer Question
    • 24 colourblind tests   Answer Question
    • Matching collection tubes to respective samples and analyzing departments.   1 Answer
    • Name 4 specimens that would be hard to recollect or impossible to collect.   Answer Question
    • Whats the difference between serum and plasma?   1 Answer
    • What is the purpose of maintenance checks on machines? Why do we record them in a log?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to prevent exposure to a substance?   Answer Question
    • A delivery with specimen x, y, and z is delayed. It is 8 pm and some departments are closed. What would you do and who would you call?   1 Answer
    • What would be the cause of contamination of a blood sample?   Answer Question
    • What are the advantages in collecting and analyzing a sample in the same day?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there was an error on the protocol sheet? What should you not do?   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs in February 2020.

Interview

I did a brief phone interview with someone from Toronto and then met with the local supervisor for a formal interview. overall it was pretty good, just a bit of a process to actually get the interview. they asked for the driving abstract and a background check. the local supervisor was very open and passionate about the routes., this was awesome! it was a 2 person panel for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time that you went above and beyond.   2 Answers
    • what was a time you had to make a difficult decision with little support and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

Good overview of the team and the organization, lots of questions around my experiences as well as areas I would like to grow in. good overview of where the organization is and where it is heading

MLA/T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs (North Toronto, ON) in January 2019.

Interview

It was for cytology department. I find it very comfortable. The two ladies interview me were nice. But asked a lot of questions about working environment and nothing related to cytology. Although, they explain to me the job description very well. There's question about safety risk I didnt understand the question and I asked them to elaborate it but they didnt. So, I didnt really answer it properly. though I dont like the way they make me feel I dont know about the personal protection equipment. Obviously I know about it but I didnt get the questions right away because it was random all of the questions were about work environment then one question was about safety risk . Also, I didnt know I had to do data entry for 20mins. All in all, the interview was okay and informal. I just hope they more questions about the job related.

Interview Questions

• 1 out of 10 questions is about safety risk. Rest is about work environment.   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Toronto, ON) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial interview with HR to quickly go over my resume. Following that, I was called in for an in-person interview with the manager and director which lasted for almost an hour and I was mainly asked behavioral questions and questions on my previous experience. A couple of days later I was assigned a small assignment where I had to build a communication plan and training plan. Last step was meeting with a consultant to discuss my technical experience. All the steps in the interview process took 3 weeks and after that it was just silence. I tried to followup with the manager and the HR but didn't get a reply. I really liked the role and responsibilities that the position entailed but such poor communication and lack of respect for a candidate's time makes me think that I may have just dodged a bullet. The company must be really mismanaged and I would advise the candidates to not bother applying for any role at Lifelabs.

Interview Questions

• How will you communicate the rollout of new features to executives?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.