LifeLabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

LifeLabs Interview Questions

Interviews at LifeLabs

2.8

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

Online Application was filled on the company website, about 1 week to hear from HR
    about 1 week to phone interview with Team. Week passed and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• HR: Basic Questions about soft skills, salary expectation
      Team: Previous experience, Current Experience, questions from resume   Answer Question

Processing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

It was on my phone on the automated system they give you a couple minutes to answer the questions then proceed to the next they send a email and a phone number to call Then from there I think they review it and if they like what you have to say they will call you for dinner view unfortunately I didn’t get one so be where you’re not talking to a person you’re talking to an automated system which I wasn’t very happy about

Interview Questions

• It was on my phone on the automated system they give you a couple minutes to answer the questions then proceed to the next   1 Answer

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was very casual. Two Interviewers in a board room like setting. They wrote down the answers to the questions on a sheet of paper. Then they gave a brief tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• I expected there to be a lot more technical questions. Mostly was behavioural and situational (ie. Name an example of a time where you had conflict, what did you do to resolve it)   Answer Question

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Hamilton, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

Process is easy, online application followed by a phone interview meant as a pre screen step. From there an in person interview is scheduled usually conducted by at least 2 managers. It's very comfortable and not too lengthy. Behavioral based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most effiective team you've ever worked on and why you felt it was so effective.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a decision without seeking approval from someone else.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I applied an application through a LifeLab’s job submission portal. Received email with notification which took about 3 weeks. 1st Stage was a phone interview with pre-screening purpose.

Overall, it was not hard but negative impressions and experiences.
    Some questions are irrelevant and intimidating.

Really bothered me when asked questions about current salary, if your position is contract when is it ending etc etc. Also why are you leaving current work place?

Hope other job seekers have positive experiences with phone screening interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions:
      • Q0. HR person described expected job responsibilities and duties. Also explained LifeLab is willing to provide some hands on training for a qualified applicant/candidate.
      • Q1. How did you find about this opportunity?
      • Q2. Are you fine with location (LifeLabs office head quarter)?
      • Q3. Please provide more examples related to your work experiences
      • Q4. Please introduce yourself (past and current work experiences)
      • Q5. What are some of your work experiences resonated with a job description in which you applied at LifeLabs?
      • Q6. What is your main reason to leave current organization?
      • Q7. What is your current salary or pay rate? When is your contract ending? How much is your expectation of this position’s salary?
      • Q8. How many weeks of notices you could give?
      • Q9. Are you planning to take vacation?
      • Q10. Have you applied to any other companies? What stages are you at?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Toronto, ON) in June 2013.

Interview

Prescreened by HR on phone then meet with 3 BD people for 30 minutes interviews. Very personable people and we had a friendly chat really. One guy asked are you sure you really want to work here??

Interview Questions

• Basic marketing knowledge as it related to healthcare   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs.

Interview

Good overview of the team and the organization, lots of questions around my experiences as well as areas I would like to grow in. good overview of where the organization is and where it is heading

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Burnaby, BC) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online, took me a week for phone interview, and another week for onsite interview. I was interviewed in burnaby office. Lots of questions about Data structure, Database SQL, Angular, Unit testing and entity framework.

Interview Questions

• Explain structure of MVC app.   1 Answer
    • How would you design a family tree data structure?   1 Answer
    • With a Boolean function IsNumberLogTow? Which I had to write a method to define if the number is log two.   1 Answer
    • What is binding in Angular   Answer Question
    • what does watch doing in Angular?   Answer Question
    • How to capture anti forgery token in from razor view in Angular page   Answer Question
    • How to do testing with Mockup framework in C#   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Mississauga, ON) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fine-good length-had a phone interview first, then a face to face with the person I would report into. Face to face went fine and I was given an opportunity to ask questions to her about how long she had been there and what she enjoyed so far about being in her role. After the face to face interview I had a phone interview with one of the other Recruiters that I'd be working with and that went fine. It gave me some more insight into the role and the company. It wasn't long after that phone interview that I was moved along in the hiring process. The length of the entire process was good and overall I had a good candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fine. They were relevant to the role and were asked to see assess my qualifications for the role. Overall the questions weren't ones that I wasn't able to answer-typical behavioural questions where they are looking for specific examples to back up your answer. Overall interview experience was fine.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeLabs (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Glad I didn't accept once I determined they have lost over 50% of the HR department since March 2016. Seems to be a professional environment, but when people are leaving en mass, it sends up red flags for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.