Lever Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lever Interview Questions

Interviews at Lever

3.1

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lever in February 2021.

Interview

The interviewer was scattered and unprepared. She called late only after I emailed asking if we were still on. She had clearly not reviewed my application/resume and kept interrupting me to talk about her cats... it was a very bizarre interview and unsurprisingly I didn't move forward in the process. I don't really feel like a got a fair chance to showcase my skills or qualifications. She mentioned during the interview that she was new to Lever (just a few months) and it showed.

Interview Questions

• Asked me MULTIPLE times to explain job functions bc she was distracted by the way her cats were eating lunch....   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lever.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, then did a fairly basic paired programming after I was moved on. After passing that, I was moved on to the virtual onsite which was able to be done over two days which was nice. It included a demo of the product, a deep dive into a previous project, paired programming, a mock code review, talk about career and then finally a talk with an engineering manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you've worked on before and your team   Answer Question

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied for the role and got a message with an invite for a preliminary phone interview. We arranged for the interview and during the actual call, the HR representative was completely uninterested, dismissive, patronizing and eager to end the call as soon as possible. The way she handled the call was outrageous and it was one of the worst interviews experiences that I have encountered. If you are going to treat potential employees the way I was treated during the interview, then I don't want to work for such a company. The irony of it all is that Lever does HR software for companies and obviously they are missing the HR portion within their own company. Totally unprofessional and terrible. I would highly recommend to train and/or retrain your HR staff. Definitely some of them up not up to deal with canditates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your past experience? How would you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lever (Frisco, TX (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I spoke with someone in HR (twice I believe) and had good conversations. There was mutual interest, the next step was an interview with an executive, after that there would have been a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing very difficult.   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Not, terribly challenging. Just prepare before and you'll be fine. Mostly generic questions they ask like why the company and the role. I found the whole process to me rather easy

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter. We scheduled a time for a 30-minute phone interview. Pretty standard. The recruiter seemed positive in her emails so I was pretty surprised how the actual phone screening went.

We had some phone issues in the beginning but the recruiter already seemed to have an annoyed attitude. They asked me what I knew about the company than ran through a scripted spiel with a very bored, "Let's get this over with" tone.

They had thought I was still at my old company, even though my resume and LinkedIn indicated that I had left, and then proceeded to say, "Well, it says here that you're still working there" with an attitude. Again, gave me attitude when they asked what I had been doing since I left the company and left a really bad impression on me. The call ended with a very curt and forced "thank you we'll be in touch".

Honestly, I knew I would not want to work for this company after that phone screening and I made sure to let my colleagues and friends know about this as well. That was the most unprofessional phone screening I've ever had. Who knows what the company's culture is like if their recruiter acts like a Mean Girl and doesn't make candidates excited.

Received a canned response about not moving forward, but at that point, I really didn't care.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I was doing with my time since I had left my company a few months ago.   1 Answer

Customer Success/Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

1. Quick call with a recruiter
    2. Call with the team manager
    3. Onsite to meet with 4 team members, team manager, Director

After successful interviews (In my opinion), I received feedback that I didn't get an offer. While understandable, my only gripe is that this was my 4th time applying. It would be nice to learn more about what they really look for in a candidate and the fit. I don't think I will be applying again moving forward.

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The entire experience was phenomenal, within 36 hours of applying a recruiter had reached out to me with a link to self schedule my recruiter phone screen, the call started promptly and was super informative about Lever, and the questions asked let me know this process wouldn’t be a walk in the park and Lever were invested in finding both the right skills and candidate for this position.

Following this, I was invited to a second screen with the Hiring Manager, which I was able to self-schedule and a coordinator followed up with details of what would be included in the call, Brynna even called me for 10 minutes to help me prepare.

After the phone screens, I was invited to my first of two onsite sessions

The first involved meeting peers from the teams I would be working with on a daily basis and some leaders. Following this, the second onsite included meeting the SVP of Customer Experience, a product demo and presenting to 8 people across multiple teams against a detailed brief which had been provided well in advance.

From application to offer was three weeks. Throughout the entire process I felt that the recruiter, scheduler/coordinator and hiring manager were my cheerleaders, checking in throughout the process and answering questions as they arose outside of interviews.

A couple of really nice touches were having lunch with the team after my final onsite, interviewers bringing refreshments and once I had signed, being included in a company wide email announcement that I was starting.

Interview Questions

• My Manager asked 'what do I need to do for us to be able to work together?'   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lever.

Interview

The process started by having a couple of initial calls with the recruiter (who was involved throughout the interview process), and also with the hiring manager, but then was invited for an on-site interview where I spoke with a variety of team leaders and executives. Finally, I had another on-site which included a presentation panel detailing best practices when designing API integrations for a particular product. After a few more skill based conversations, we wrapped up the process with the same initial recruiter to drill into some behavioral details. I had a bit of a unique situation in that I had conversations about a half year before, but all in all a very thorough and well-rounded process that never left me feeling lost.

Interview Questions

• Common behavioral questions around previous difficult projects, teams, etc. and how you handled them.   Answer Question
    • How would you design batch data pulling integrations using Lever’s published APIs?   Answer Question
    • Describing technical topics and solutions for a broader audience or for particular people.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Employee Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lever (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Thoughtful, thorough, and you didn't see a repeat of questions with each person you met. Everyone was on time and my recruiter was SUPER responsive and answered all my questions promptly

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.