Lannick Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lannick Interview Questions

Interviews at Lannick

2.0

Intake Recruiter Interview

Interview

3 different stages to the interview. Very simple and professional. Make you feel comfortable and allow you to really make sure it’s an organization you want to be apart of.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

Straight forward, quite easy. Had an initial phone screen then had to go in on two separate occasions to meet the entire hiring team as well my potential manager. Had my shadow an employee.

Analyst, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Good interview. Professional instructions for resume upgrade and knowledge needed training suggestions. Telephone interview or Skype which is better suit for you, no need to run to the office to face to face for the first interview.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lannick.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was called for a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in person interview. The whole process took about a week. The recruiter and hiring manager that interviewed me were both very friendly and professional. However, this seems like a very high stakes place to work as they both mentioned several times that to succeed you need to be "competitive, cutthroat and a shark". Not for me personally, but if this describes you then apply and you'd be likely to succeed.
    Also, something that really stuck out was that the recruiter kept mentioning that they thought I would be better suited for a different type of job, which made me wonder why they even brought me in to interview for a position they didn't think was right for me (in my opinion, it was only to meet their quotas for a bonus rather than trying to actually bring in top quality candidates).

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job if you couldn't work in your current desired field? Who is your mentor?   Answer Question

Jan. 20, 2020 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for your feedback. There is no doubt that professional recruitment and staffing in Canada is extremely competitive, and operating as a highly specialized and premium firm in Canada's largest city, such as Lannick does, means we expect nothing short of a champion candidate profile. In order to succeed in this role you must invest every ounce of energy to achieve compensation levels that are well above industry averages, and we certainly provide an environment whereby that is possible; however, it takes a minimum of 12-24 months to ramp-up and a ton of grit to get there. Also, it is common to be considered for other internal roles that you have applied for, especially after we have had a chance to meet you in person and get to know you better; this is very typical. It is also important to mention that our Corporate Recruiters do not have an interview quota - we are always looking for the very best and that requires meeting with several individuals each and every week. This has been a key strategy to Lannick's paralleled growth in the market. We sincerely wish you the very best with your career! Learn more about Lannick's industry exclusive Career Path at www.lannick.com/hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview, very short. There was little difference between the two. You could tell they were not interested and it was a waste of my time to come down for the interview. Disappointed a company like this would do that and ask questions unrelated to position.

Interview Questions

Lannick Response

Oct. 18, 2019 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for your feedback, this has been shared with our Corporate Recruitment team. We apologize for the negative experience you had with us. At Lannick, we try to always provide a positive experience for our candidates and we see all interviews as an opportunity for both parties to judge the potential long-term relationship. As a company hiring sales professionals, our interview questions are designed to understand our candidates on both personal and professional levels. We truly care about our employees by ensuring they feel supported and welcomed by our culture. As we say to all of our candidates, we will reach out to you the following Friday with next steps or feedback, and if you do not hear from us you are always welcome to reach out. All candidates we interact with are added to our internal database, as we would love to keep in touch with great talent for any future opportunities!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in September 2019.

Interview

First, the phone interview lasted 20 minutes and was a positive experience. I was called in for an in-person interview the next day. The in-person interview was supposed to be with 2 different people as described in the email but the same person who did the phone interview welcomed me and asked almost the same questions again. I didn't get to see the 2 individuals I came to see as they were busy. I was supposed to be emailed regarding what happened and a possible reschedule but never heard from them again when after I sent a post interview thank you email.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time? Describe a significant relationship you've had with a past colleague?   Answer Question

Oct. 18, 2019 – Chief Administrative Officer

Interview

Interview process is quite extensive .
    Two interviews total, first involves meeting HR representative and then different management for your potential team. The idea is to go through your resume, guage your experience and your personality.

Second interview you will meet with everyone in senior management and shadow an employee on the floor. This can take a while, might feel a little exhausted near the end where you meet with the CEO.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in June 2019.

Interview

A quick phone screening before an informal interview at their office asking about your background, your experience, compensation expectation, additional skills. They said they will contact me if there is any position matching my background but nothing since then. The interviewer seemed to be very tired of calls, skypes, and interviews. Maybe I'm not outstanding enough to fill in any position but at least show a better supportive attitude -- you're a staffing firm, not an employer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of accounting software did you use in your past work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Relatively easy interview but took roughly 2 hours and went through 4 different hiring managers. More of a discussion about company culture and role summary rather than a grilling interview. Wasn't difficult and quite straight forward for a good public speaker. Need good experience however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lannick (Toronto, ON) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and got a phone screen. Then I went to their office for an in person interview. When asked about my job search, I told them upfront that I had already bagged 2 written offers that I was in the process of vetting. ( Side note: I didn’t actually want the job at Lannick, I just went in for interview practice). At their office, I met with two ladies. The first lady was nice and shared a folder containing all their marketing brochures and the individual career growth plan that they have for each employee including very aggressive sales targets (I think it’s good that they share those details upfront so you know what you are getting yourself into).

The second lady who was much older, didn’t ask me much except if I’m still considering corporate HR as well ( as opposed to just agency recruitment) and ended the interview with “ok, then I’ll let you go now”. It was so obvious that she had mentally dismissed my candidacy. Very unprofessional for someone of her seniority. They claimed they would provide feedback within a couple days, and completely failed to do so.

Interview Questions

• Are you still entertaining corporate HR roles as well (as opposed to agency recruitment opportunities) ?   Answer Question

Jul. 3, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Our primary goal is to make sure our that new hires are set up for success and have clearly made good on this promise by doubling our business over the past five years thus creating dozens of growth opportunities for our highly-valued staff. We take our employees' careers very seriously; and after regrouping with the team following your interview with us, it was obvious that your intentions of working at Lannick were not genuine so we chose to invest our time and efforts with those that are serious about investing their future with us. We trust this was an important learning opportunity for you and that you will deploy a more professional approach with other prospective employers. Only champions need apply.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.