LA County Department of Public Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at LA County Department of Public Works

2.5

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Friendly Interview. No technical questions just a few personal questions about experiences. and you will be scored based on your answers. it is very difficult to get into the second round after getting your score due to high volume of people applying to this job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and a co-worker are in a disagreement?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works.

Interview

I applied online and got an email requesting an online video interview a month after submitting the application. A few weeks after the interview, I received a physical letter with my evaluation score and my ranking. I was emailed a few weeks after that requesting a second interview, also an online video interview (I'm not local at this time). Questions were non-technical, mostly general ones about how to handle a certain situation. A few weeks after that, I received an offer.

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Alhambra, CA (US)).

Interview

Tedious and lengthy but well worth it. I applied in March of 2016 and tested with about 5000 applicants, I did an online test, then a written test and was then banded. After being placed on the eligibility list several County Departments started to call and invite me to interview. I interviewed for 3 different departments before receiving a second interview with my home Department (DPW). After my second interview with DPW I received a call stating that they were recommending me to HR, it then took over a month for HR to do their part. Once HR cleared me, they called me in for fingerprinting. Results of Background took less than 2 weeks and I started working 1 week after that.

Engineering Aide III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process I believe is pretty typical for LA city/county positions. Consists of a written test and a general interview to give you a final "score". From there you wait and see if you get called back for the second "real" interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were put into a situation where you had to handle a known difficult customer but are busy handling other customers, how do you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very down to earth interview, probably my easiest one yet. I hear the associate positions are a lot harder though because your knowledge is quizzed with easy questions. However, only those with experience would know.

Interview Questions

• What do i expect to experience from Interning   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Palmdale, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic HR Questions, fairly easy questions. Be confident in your responses, you don't have to know everything, but it is important that you know what you wrote on your resume and can elaborate further. They were really impressed with engineering organizations and involvement.

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviews for promotions are purely a exercise formality.
    The candidate is preselected by upper management based on friendship, personal relations and not skills to actually perform the scope of work.

Interview Questions

• The questions are preselected and are gust an exercise.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works.

Interview

usually HR review only the first 200 or 300 applications, so if you are interested apply early. otherwise you won't get to interview. The entire process take about 6 to 9 months, so you need to be patient.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works in July 2014.

Interview

They give you a rank based on your interview score and calls you in for a second interview depending on your previous. Questions were pretty general, why you want to work there, etc.

Student Professional Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at LA County Department of Public Works (Alhambra, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews for this. Initial one was with the HR for the department, and the other two were with the actual division (first was on the phone, second was in person). After the HR interview, you get a score and are put on a list that divisions who are hiring see.

In my case, the division conducted an initial phone interview, and then invited those who they liked to an in person interview. For the in person, I was interviewed by 3 people, and it was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.