Kognitive Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Kognitive Marketing

1.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Barrie, ON) in September-2014.

Interview

Not hired yet but interview seems to have gone well and was done online through Skype to save a trip to Toronto, very pleasant person that did the interview and gave me a chance to ask questions at the end. Sabrina supplied me with lots of information regarding the job and lots of benefits to the position as well if one wants it.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Waterloo, ON) in April-2012.

Interview

-group interview (roughly in a group of 6) where there were 2 group leaders who took note of candidates
    -asked open-ended situational questions that allowed candidate to show their personalitz (not rigid)
    -felt more like introductions at summer camp rather than a professionally structured interview. Which is both good and bad. Good because it was easy to fit in. Bad because it really did reflect the corporate culture...which is completely lacking in quality and leadership.

Interview Questions

• If you could live in any movie world, which movie would it be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None...summer interns work on commission.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Toronto, ON) in March-2015.

Interview

Ask questions like tell me something about yourself, strengths, weakness, how will you handle objections or hard no of customers, how to deal with different customer scenarios, old job examples, may say you to sell a cell phone, describe features of cell and compare with any other cell phone, check your body language and presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are miser not open for negotiations but give you crazy targets.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Toronto, ON) in December-2013.

Interview

Should have known that a company that calls you practically the same day as you applied is a red flag. This was quickly followed by a Skype interview where the head office sounds like it is full of loud teenagers which kills your concentration. A week later, I had an interview in Toronto which went extremely well, until salary was discussed. The postings on the job bank as well as the recruiter I had my first interview with indicated that base wage was 45-50 with a car allowance and cellphone. Was I wrong! - and what kinda probably hurt me at the face to face interview was the fact that my eyes popped out of my face when I was told the base wage was 15K LESS than what the job posting said, and the rest was commission.

In my opinion this company has a turnover issue due to its management and commission structure - perhaps its field agents would be more successful if they were managed correctly with an experienced manager and the correct support, not a 20 year old marketing major with no leadership or coaching experience that would work for this mediocre amount each year. This company seems to be less than truthful with the salary indications to get quality applicants. Big disappointment, waste of time, and money to travel to hear I've been lied to.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was over skype, the interviewer was very friendly and made me feel veey comfortable. She gave me different scenarios and told me how I would approach the situation. The interview was on time and she got back to me within a few days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Ryerson University, ON) in February-2017.

Interview

Very laid back, chill and relaxed group interview with 6 people applying and 4 employees scattered around the room. There was one employee conducting most of the interview with the other 3 people dropping in to say a few words or add some things here and there. Interview only lasted an hour and it was only two question where you had a situation, you were partnered up with someone, given a few minutes, a piece of paper, and a pen to come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• Sell your partner and why they would be the best candidate for the job   Answer Question
    • Sell me a car, a movie or a phone and why I should buy it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Windsor, ON) in August-2016.

Interview

After submitting the resume to the manager I received
    Email from the manager
    call from the company asking about the experience basically a phone interview.After which got a call for the skype interview in around a week
    Skype interview
    Orientation by the manager

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Waterloo, ON) in May-2016.

Interview

Group Interview was well planned out and structured. it involved over 15 people and was heavily interactive. We went through company policies, sample sales interactions and a pitch exercise. In the pitch, we were paired with someone in the room, given a "word" each and told to collaborate and pitch the product, incorporating a marketing element in your close.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? Pair yourself with another candidate in the room and pitch a product/service given the "word" you were given.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate bonuses when meeting weekly and daily sales targets.

Anonymous Employee in Sarnia, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Sarnia, ON) in January-2015.

Interview

They asked about my experience then told me about the position, they also asked me to give them a sale pitch to show my skills. I was then told about how much training was given and that experience was not required

Interview Questions

• what skills do you think you can bring to this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kognitive Marketing (Toronto, ON) in January-2014.

Interview

Quick, casual but innovative. Screening done over the phone, interview done through video and final stage was with my eventual manager.

Interviewer made me feel comfortable and guide the process nicely.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.