K12 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

K12 Interview Questions

Interviews at K12

2.5

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

I was initially sent an email to see if I was still interested and if I would like them to send me a test followed by virtual interview. As I was, I replied that I would like to an hour later.

The HR corresponded responded to me a week later with the test. The 'test' was incredibly easy. All I had to do was follow a component tutorial in Figma and make an instance of it, give file access to a couple people, then send an email with answers to a couple questions.

I did that in 15-30minutes on the same day as I received the email. I had no response so I followed up 3 times in the following two week. twice with the HR correspondent and once with the official careers email. I have still not heard anything back.

TLDR; Very tardy responses, embarrassingly easy test, got ghosted

Interview Questions

• Did you experience any difficulties setting up the component? If so, what were they?

What are some benefits to using master components and instances in a design file?   Answer Question

Enrollment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I was sent an email about 5 days after applying online. The email requested I engage in HireVue which is a digital interview website. Questions appear on the page and you respond to them. You are given time to think between questions. There were about 7 of them and not all were recorded video. You were given 2 opportunities to record yourself for each verbally answered question. I have done HireVue interviews before and I always try to look my best, speak in to the camera, and share my background to the best of my ability. I think people need to remember that when interviewing in this capacity.

About 2 days after I submitted my video I was sent another HireVue, with "Recommended for Hire" in the title. I followed the link and had the option of accepting or declining. However, no other information was given about the role, pay, or hours. About 2 days after accepting the offer, I received an email with all of the information listed. I did speak on the phone with the recruiter. She was very polite, answered my questions about the role and company, and what to expect. Even with the poor reviews, I feel accepting this position is the right choice and hope it opens the door for greater opportunities more in line with my career goals.

I gave the overall experience a "No Opinion" rating because it was such a weird way to be hired. No real human interaction until I called.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt successful.
      What experience do you have in sales?
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?
      Write a sample email to a customer who is concerned about a product.   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Interview

K12 created an interview process that was friendly, responsive, and provided a very clear insight into what the company offered. They keep applicants up to date on status of the application process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

It was very easy, it was a digital interview which it had about eight questions, and then i received a call from head director that they were interested in hiring me, i accpeted

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

It was a short video that allowed you as much time as you needed to record your response. You also had unlimited time to think of your answer. The questions were fairly basic.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? What's your passion for education? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K12 (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a very lengthy and thorough interview. I had to do a video recording of questions and answers and then and video tape a sample lesson. I had a second interview with another k12 school and it was much easier. It was just a casual phone conversation. So I guess it really depends on the school. Every school and principal is probably a different experience.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Walked in for a presentation, was accosted by a bunch of trainees and one Economist that had no idea what they were talking about. The recruiter reached back out to me and said they didn't like this presentation. They kept on questioning the data as an analyst would. If you have a problem with the data being presented why dont you just have a code test? Pretty sure they just stole ideas and ghosted like other companies that want a data scientist but can't afford it or don't know what a data scientist does. Someone who thinks in single variable if then sentences shouldn't be managing scientists.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got a response to do a HireView interview. I did that and submitted it. I got an email three weeks later for a live interview. That interview was about half an hour long via HireView. It was with two k12 employees. They were nice and the interview went okay. They said they would be making decisions within 2-3 weeks. I am currently waiting to hear back one way or another.

Teacher Interview

Interview

They send you a link to interview virtually first and then you may get a live interview. Overall, they just waste your time. I've received several links and a few live interviews, and then nothing. They just stay posted forever. I just interviewed and accepted a position with another virtual K-12 school. Advice to Management and HR- stop wasting candidates time. If you don't plan on hiring someone, take the posting down. Job/ hunting is stressful enough. Have a little empathy.....Several interviews and no update.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at K12 in June 2019.

Interview

Had to give a presentation. No one really understood the data I was presenting, and the questions weren't relevant. They didn't ask me about my background and they had no idea what the process entailed. Felt like an interrogation. They should use a dataset they are familiar with for a take home assignment to narrow things down next time.

They gave an excuse of "your numbers didn't really add up". I suspect that the interview was actually just a way to see how someone would actually solve a problem, since no one on the team had actual concrete data science experience.

This made me feel disappointed because I drove an hour to get there, came in on short notice, and practiced the presentation beforehand. Trying to reduce the entire process down to an hour is short sighted.

They were also typing things amongst themselves and not asking relevant questions. Makes me think they were just information gathering to answer a question -- also using a third party recruiter makes me question this as well.

Interview Questions

• How did you get that number?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.