John Lewis & Partners Christmas Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Christmas Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.2

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Had the vague feeling that we were being watched from the moment we arrived at the front desk and met the other interviewees. It's important to be friendly but don't dominate the conversation - some people were clearly aware that our social skills were being tested and they were overbearing.

We were then put into two groups and given five scenarios. They were all usually about a customer who has had a previous bad experience or who is new to John Lewis and needs help. You have to decide as a group how you'd sort out each scenario as managers watch you converse. It's important to participate - you need to make sure you're always putting the customer first and that you don't just defer to management.

You then are by yourself and given five scenarios. You have about 20-30 minutes to write what you would do as a solution for each scenario.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Online tests: situational judgment tests.
    Assessment centre where you work on challenges as a team.
    It was you would deal with difficult situations e.g. being understaffed, someone being sick, you having multiple tasks already but having to take on more. You have to decide as a team what to prioritise.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

We were put into groups and had to think of solutions for possible scenarios. This tested our ability o work in a team and communicate. We then had to answer question individually on a piece of paper. We had 20 minutes to answer the questions, which were relatively straight forward. There was no 1-on-1 but we were constantly being observed.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that a customer purchased a coffee machine from John Lewis instead of one of the competitors?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an individual had ordered some plates online, however when they were ready for pick-up from the chosen store they china had broken?   Answer Question

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

There was no face to face interview. We had a group activity to arrange tasks in order of priority and explain to everybody else. After, everyone has to write down solutions for three situations you are given - this is done individually.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Ipswich, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview, fairly casual. All given a sheet with some scenario's, then had to write about how we would individually deal with them, then have a discussion about our answers. I think it helped to be vocal but not too vocal.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.