John Lewis & Partners Christmas Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Christmas Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.6

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

During the interview we were in groups and we had different scenarios which we had to first read and think about individually and then we had some time to talk about it with the group and make notes. We had to discuss how we would deal with each scenario and any other problems that could possibly arise. During this time there was an assessor at the table, making notes on what each individual was saying in the group. When the time was up, the assessor asked us any additional questions that we didn't touch on, and so gave us one last chance to say something. After this we got given another sheet with scenarios but this time it was an individual written assessment where we had to write what we would say, or behave in certain situations. Then we had to fill in a form specifying the hours of work we preferred , if we had any holidays planned etc.

Interview Questions

• You have just finished taking a customer's payment, what could you do/say after the payment has been made?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview took approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. it was a group discussion and individual writing test. There were around 20 people. We went into a room and there were 5 tables with each of its assessor. We can sit wherever we like and it was random. We were given 5 different scenario and 5 minutes of individual thinking, then 20 minutes to discuss the scenario.

Interview Questions

• A woman is looking for a present for her parents, but she doesn't know if she should get joint present or separate present. What should you do?   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Group exercise to prioritise a set of tasks. A situation is thrown in during the middle of the discussion and has to be included. Then an individual task that involves describing how you would respond to three situations.

Interview Questions

• The only questions were given in the individual task, for the answers to be written out.   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

This interview was for my first ever job. I was invited about a week after applying online and was asked to book a group interview from a few available dates.
    I arrived at the partner entrance and we were swiftly taken up to a big room with tables, and at the end of each table there was a current employee at the store, taking notes. There were 4-5 of us (interviewees) sat at each table.
    We were then given 5 situations set in a John Lewis store of the future and asked to prioritise them as a group. They were clearly looking for people who were confident and not afraid to give suggestions. I made one or two decisions that were opposed by the rest of the interviewees at the table, however I still managed to get the job which I believe was due to my willingness to suggest new ideas and ability to take constructive criticism to re-evaluate my choices.
    After this we were given three more situations, however we had to complete these individually in an answer booklet. At the end, we were given a form to put down our availability, and after being presented with four different work rotas, we were asked to list which three we would be available for in order of preference.

Interview Questions

• A person comes into the John Lewis store of the future and is preparing for a party. They need help with all aspects, from food to decorations. This is while you're busy doing another job, in addition to parents concerned that their child is missing in the store, on top of other problems.   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Newcastle, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I completed an online multiple choice assessment to assess general suitability for the role. After I passed this part of the process, I was invited to a group assessment, where we we worked in groups to answer how we would react in certain store scenarios, such as a child going missing in store.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about interacting with a customer looking for a dress for attending a wedding?   1 Answer

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

A lot of online questions. The interview was simple a group task prioritizing from a list by working together and another question set which took 20 minutes to complete. We then filled out a list of availability and clothing size and so on.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly lengthy online process, give basic details, past employment, availability etc. Then you have to do a personality test, then a situational judgement test and finally a similar situation test to see which kind of work environment you work best in. I was then invited to book an interview in store. When I arrived they took all of us into the dining room and then called us in to have 1-1 interviews with various managers from around the store, it was a bit distracting as they had about 5/6 interviews going on in the same room with the table spread out around the walls. Fairly simple questions, past experience, what do you think good customer service looks like, give me an example of when you have helped a team succeed etc. Then after we had all done 1-1s, they took us all into the same room and had our names out on tables of 4 and were asked to sit in these groups. Then a manager came over and handed us some cards with different products on them and brief descriptions, gave us a brief description of a situation and then asked us to discuss as a team which product would be best for the customer. After this we were thanked and went home. I got an email with an offer a couple of days later and accepted, started the week after.

Interview Questions

• Past experience in customer facing roles?   Answer Question
    • What do you think good customer service looks like?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were part of a team and helped them succeed.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.