Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions in Shannon | Glassdoor.ca

Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions in Shannon

Interviews at Jaguar Land Rover

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shannon (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Shannon (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who was outsourced by Jaguar Land Rover. He said that he came across me as the skills I have specialised in during my Computer Science degree align very well with what the team is looking for.

I interviewed for a graduate position with the Machine/Deep Learning Autonomous Driving team. I thought that the interview went well and that I was more likely to be better suited for the role compared to other graduates, given my experience with machine learning, specifically with neural networks. I was pleased with how everything went after I had left, and was looking forward to see how things would progress from there.

At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back from them within the next week - I never did. After about a month, I got a call from the recruiter apologising for the delay and asked me if I was still interested in the position. I said that I absolutely was, and he said he will speak with them and get back to me ASAP. This was several weeks ago and I still have not heard back from the recruiter or from anyone at Jaguar Land Rover themselves. I have since accepted another offer that I am very pleased with.

Given that I took an entire day off college, drove across the country, spent €80 on petrol, to take this interview, it is extremely unprofessional, unthoughtful and disheartening that they weren't even bothered to make the effort of contacting me to, at least, let me know that my interview process with them would not be going any further.

Even if they were to contact me after this length of time and ask for further interviewing or offer me a position, I would decline as the long wait indicates to me that they were not very impressed with my interview or that they weren't excited to continue the process with me.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shannon (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Shannon (Ireland)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by outsourced recruiter for short telephone screening interview.

Contacted by HR in Shannon via email with interview time and date with instructions to prepare background knowledge on company.

Interviewed by project manager and PMO, no questions asked regarding my knowledge of company (as I had been instructed to prepare), limited questions of a particularly technical nature and skimmed over large and significant areas relevant to job.

Application rejected on basis that I had not prepared sufficient information on company and did not have sufficient relevant experience (in areas we barely covered in interview).

Felt like simply going through the motions and looking for any reason to reject application, not a great experience having dedicated sufficient time and effort to preparing application and traveling to attend interview.

Interview Questions

• General review of CV and experience.

How do you ensure traceability between software requirements and test cases? Similar high level questions regarding software quality control and validation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shannon (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Shannon (Ireland)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a 1:1 session with senior management and then a formal interview with the line manager and team I was interviewing for, asked detailed questions covered experience to technical and coding ability

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and the work you are doing?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.