Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Initial one on one phone screening consisting of a few general knowledge questions. Second phase was in person with a pair of interviewers taking turns asking a set of standardized questions. Everyone was highly professional and very personable.

Interview Questions

• How can you reliably deliver software with a fixed set of functionality on a fixed time lime?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Interview

First, a pre-screen phone call with the HM, then passed a timed aptitude exam, then finally a four person at once interview. I'm not sure what that exam proves as far as work performance; it was excessive and not easy, but I passed it. The interview was fairly friendly, however it had canned thorough questions that are nearly difficult to answer on the spot, but I was able to answer them. I thought I did quite well through out the whole process. Then a week later I got a follow up call, right before the HM was going into a meeting, so when I called back I was not able to reach them, but they said to give a time they could call the next day, which I did. They then did not call back during that time, but at a much later time. So after over 24 hours of false hope, they finally called me to tell me I didn't get the position. Probably one of the worst callback experiences I've ever had, an email would have been fine.

Internship Interview

Interview

I was asked for an overview of professional background and educational experience. I was also asked what I was looking for in an internship and what my future plans were.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

One face to face interview, and once moved to the next round an online exam to test your skills in a couple of things, including analytical, to see your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What were some major responsibilities of your previous jobs that could help you in a role with this position at this company?
      Otherwise, more of a behavioral interview to get to know you and your personality   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ (US)).

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews. Final round was a skype interview with about 6 people. Questions weren't impossible, just long. They were impressed with my skills with MS office, didn't seem to get that everyone in college now can do it. Seemed a little old school but in a charming way. They had me pick between 2 different positions, each one had very specific and lengthy job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose the things I did to make my college experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

Phone interview was with HR. Simple questions to get your background and what type of person you are. Invited in for physical interview where I met with two interviewing managers. They had suggested questions that I assume they were supposed to ask, but were very friendly. Asked about skills with technology, prior experience, went over resume jobs, etc... Most shocking was their openness with answering my questions. They loved talking about the culture, and experience that interns gain. After the in-person interview, I was told I would hear back with two weeks. I heard back and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work in a group, and what difficulties did you face?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May-2013.

Interview

First phone call for 30 mins and then in-person interview. Interview is not so tough. Mostly behavioral questions and strategic questions. Make sure you know about company and project management. The person who took my interview and the HR were quite friendly and helpful. Confidence is what you need to show.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Slow, easy to manage, predictable. With the exception of about 3 personal questions, it was up to me to ask my questions, otherwise, long, drawn out moments of silences were dominating the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my experience, where I live, how much I currently make   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinsdale, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Hinsdale, IL (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

Very brief and to the point, not very detailed, kind of misleading. You will think that you are going in to do one thing but told another thing. The interview was not bad just not enough information.

Accounts Payable/Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Centerville, UT (US)) in May-2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the controller and the office manager in an office that they shared. They both took turns asking me questions and the conversation flowed nicely. The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes. I felt very comfortable and confident in answering their questions. By the end, I felt as if we were old friends.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?
      When can you start?
      What experience do you have?
      How long at other positions?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.