JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at JR Simplot

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

In-house recruiter reached out and did an informal interview. Very unfriendly, lacking any personality. But asked fairly standard questions. Although at the end of the call he did make a point to say he would reach out regarding the next step or if they would not be moving forward, either way within the next week. This did not actually happen! I never heard from him again until he interview me again for another job and said the same thing...and repeated. This is a serious lack of integrity and I am sure this type of behavior extends through-out the company. It certainly reflects poorly on them and makes me never want to be involved with them because of it. I even quit eating fries at if they are provided by Simplot. Dishonesty in recruiting is still dishonesty and reflects terribly on the company.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience did you get from your prior position?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

One initial screening interview with recruiter, followed by another deeper discussion with recruiter prior to onsite interview being scheduled. Onsite included a 'case study' that required prior preparation and 10-15min delivery during panel interview. Interview panel included hiring manager and next level up, peer to position as well as recruiter. One hour interview included general Q&A, 'case study' presentation and review, as well as a 'STAR' format of questions delivered by panel (Situation, Task, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've dealt with under-performing employees in the past when deliverables were not being met.   Answer Question

Assistant Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A brief number of questions over the phone that lasted about 20 mins. Very typical psych questions, but very nice and respectful tone in questioning. It seems like the interviewers don’t have many direct knowledge about the job, so they are more of a 3rd party interviewer to the process.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Pocatello, ID (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied on J R Simplot Website
    Got email for Phone screening
    Had Phone screening interview for 30 mins - Behavior Questions
    Received Invitation for onsite Interview
     HR facilitated travel and lodging
    Panel interview for 60 mins: 1 HR, Hiring Manager and Colleague.
      Formal Introduction and they have 6 numbers of behavioral questions
    All 3 were writing your response, Just listening and few counter questions
    I feel they didn't know what they are expecting from questions, if you ask them to throw some light on questions, they get confused
    They offered plant tour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't have enough information to make a decision
      tell me a time when team member had made mistakes
      Tell me your difficult Project you have achieved
      What can you contribute to our company
      What are challenges you are looking for   Answer Question

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Rock Springs, WY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted for this position by an in-house recruiter on LinkedIn. The next day, I had a 30 minute phone screen with her and she gave me a ton of information about the position, the history of the company, and why she reached out to me. Within 48 hours, I had my phone interview with the hiring manager and another member of the controls engineering team. Soon after, they paid for me to come for an onsite interview at their facility.

Though I did not get the job, this was easily the best interviewing experience I have ever had. Throughout the process, I was "assigned" two recruiters. Whenever I emailed them a question, the recruiters would respond almost immediately. They were incredibly friendly and made the application and interviewing process as stress-free as it possibly could be. The same was true for the hiring manager. I had difficulty arriving for my onsite interview on time due to extreme weather conditions, and he remained in contact with me over the weekend prior to the interview to keep me updated on what to do!

The best part about all of this was even after I received the email stating I was not selected for the position, the hiring manager called me to walk me through their reasoning for selecting who they did. He was honest in his response, and it will help me a great deal going forward! So many companies nowadays will completely ignore all of their applicants and interviewees except for the one they choose to hire, and it is awesome that Simplot is a rare exception to this!

Interview Questions

• They ask a great deal of personality and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Panel-style interview with 4 people: one from HR, one peer, one direct manager and one accounting manager. General questions about how you would react in situation and your background. Took 45-60mins.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you encountered something unexpected and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

One phone interview, then a highly impersonal Skype interview with a manufacturing director and HR members. Got rejected after waiting for 3 weeks (i had to follow up twice) then another three weeks later I learned that they opened up new positions and i received an offer(had no idea they were thinking of opening more positions), then my HR Rep had to retract the offer due to budget oversights. Terrible communication within the company and crushed all hope I had for this position twice.

Interview Questions

• Tip: Try to interact more with the manufacturing director instead of letting the bubbly hr rep have all the conversation. Address everyone in the room, but focus on connecting with the person actually in charge   Answer Question
    • Most questions were about leadership roles in projects and classmates you have worked at, everything was pretty standard   Answer Question
    • Why Simplot? What makes you want to work for this company.   1 Answer
    • The only one I had to think hard about: When was a time you were placed in a new environment with new unfamiliar challenges and how did you adapt/grow/overcome those challenges   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Utilizing the STAR behavioral questions. Normally with a panel with 2 to 3 individuals attending and grading your response. This allows more than one opinion when hiring for the correct culture within the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

They called me and spoke with me on the phone for about 30 minutes to get to know me better and my personality. Asked about my background and why I was applying for the job. They then flew me out to Boise a few weeks later to meet with everyone and the team. Interview went pretty well. HR rep emailed me saying she would have an update for me the following week. I never heard back from them. I emailed and called but they never took the time of day to get back to me. They ghosted me! Pretty disappointing in the overall process. Their Boise headwaters was completely beautiful. Maybe it was a good thing I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions

• With your previous experience, describe to me a time where you had to deal with an external conflict at work?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

After applying online, a Simplot representative attended a career fair in my area so I went to this career fair and made contact. I was later contacted for an screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with personal or direct selling   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.