J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

J Sainsbury Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2017

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November-2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

One of the best and least nerve-wracking interviews I have ever had. Just make sure you plan your answers in advance and you'll be fine. All the questions I had planned for were the typical retail questions and they were the exact ones I was asked in the interview. When I arrived I had to wait for a little while in the staff cafe, then I was taken to a room, the lady checked my right to work etc, then you were asked to walk around the shop floor with a clipboard and write down things that the store was doing well, and things that they could improve on. Afterwards you go back to the room and talk about what you wrote down, explaining why. Then comes the questions beginning with 'Tell me about yourself' and then onto the typical customer service questons.

The whole process was extremely quick and simple, from applying online to getting a text telling me Sainsburys wanted to offer me a job. I applied online on Wednesday, got a text thursday morning telling me to call HR to arrange an interview. Interviewed on Saturday, text saying Sainsburys wanted to offer me the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • When have you received good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why Sainsburys over any other store?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team and how did teamwork improve the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think customer service is important?   1 Answer
    • Do you shop at Sainsburys?   1 Answer

Counter Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

In the first part of the interview, they just went over details like national insurance number, address, checking passport, time availability and uniform size. Then they asked customer service question. Lastly, we had to walk through the store and write down the things they are doing well and things they could improve on.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Shopfloor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

The process started with an online application that required answering questions mostly to test how would you behave in certain situations, that was followed by a short phone interview with the store manager and finished with meeting the manager in person for the final on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe time when you delivered an outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Online Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Wolverhampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Completed online test. Numerous competency based questions.
    Invited for telephone interview. Again asked a number of questions. First set was asking 'why do you want to work for Sainsbury's?' Followed by more questions about 'remember a time when something happened, what did you Do
    Invited to a face to face interview. Filled out online form to ensure you are not a high risk for the company to insure on the vans. This was followed by an interview with the line manager. Asked to fill in a few questions on a form and a general chit chat. Finally asked to fill out a scenario question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sainsbury's?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied online had to do an assessment, then maybe a few hours or a day later i got a text saying sainsburys wants to interview me and i should call which i did and they asked me questions about my right to work in the uk , reference etc then said i should come for an interview . The interview wasn't difficult just be very cheerful and smile. i got interviewed on a thursday and didn't hear back till the following thursday it took a week i thought i didn't even get the job. I got a text saying sainsburys wants to hire me. Overall it was a very good experience. Dont stress

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gravesend, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Gravesend, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a text the next day to arrange an interview. Arranged for the following week. Very relaxed, not what I expected. A general overview of the role, my availability, checked my documents. Very informal and friendly.
    Was told I'd hear in a few days, not heard yet.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Passed the mini test that has scenarios; ypu give the best snd worst solution to the problem. About 3 days later I got a sms and email asking me to cornfirm me interview. 1 on 1 interview happened, then a group discussion. Nothing hard. Group discussion was to spot out things wrong in a picture and say how to improve.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crayford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Crayford, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Done an online test while applying. Got a text the next day saying Sainsburys wanted to interview me. Had to ring HR and arrange a day for my interview, which was a week later. Went for my interview and we went through my right to work and the contract. Was asked questions about myself to help the interviewer assess if i would be suitable for the role. They were happy when i mention about how they helped the community and helped local charities. Was told about the benifits of working for sainsburys like the 10% discount in sainsburys and argos. Then revieved a text 1 week later saying i had been sucessful and to once again ring HR to go through any changes made to my contract and verbally accept it. The induction took place a week after accepting.