J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

J Sainsbury Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jul, 2018

2.2

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November-2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in May-2015.

Interview

I went through to the job via a recruiter, and after a week or so was called into a face to face interview where I talked to two managers (hring manager and one other) and had to do a very simple SAS test, which was explaining some written code.

Recruiter got back to me with an offer 3-4 days later.

The process for contractor hires is very simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring as a contractor to the Sainsburys analytics team?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in January-2017.

Interview

interview process was fine and went as any normal interview would be

what did you do in your previous job, tell me about yourself, how was your experience with customers

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in August-2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by a 1 hour in-person interview with the hiring manager and one of his colleagues.

The interview process seemed very disorganized. I applied online. Whenever I had questions during the interview process, I talked to different people in a call center ('The Agency at Sainsbury's' as they called themselves). It seemed more like a process suited for hiring temp people for supermarket positions, rather than a company trying to become digital.

The face to face interview lasted an hour and I was blasted questions (maybe about 30) one after the other by the interviewers. I felt I answered all of them sufficiently and they didn't ask for any follow ups on whatever I told them. The feedback I got was that I didn't go into enough depth when answering their questions. I disagreed and asked for a follow up option (either a phone call or a second round) since there is a lot I could offer them. I didn't get any response and I felt that was very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you manage a high-performer in your team.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in February-2015.

Interview

Phone screening, technical test to solve, then one hour face to face with three people. Nothing really difficult. Just a chat about your skills and experience. Technical test - very easy to solve. You had to build a small app using your preferred language.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve conflicts in a team.   1 Answer

Night Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February-2009.

Interview

two structured interviews, one with a deputy manager then one with the store manager. once you are in the door be prepared to spend the first 12 weeks of your life doing paperwork/training, this process is horrendous, then you have a final test to confim your employment, fail this and you dont have a job.

Interview Questions

• expectations on a nightly basis are totally unachievable, you never get enough staff to do the work even though they give you all the info you need to prove this but put it on paper as evidence and you will be told to 'just get on with it'. colleague training is so repetative you will lose your will to live within first 3 months. due diligence process and 'safe and sound' process is nothing more than a paper work exercise and will be use to discipline you when something goes wrong further up the tree. there is a real bad blame culture rather than trying to ensure the problem does not happen again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the banding for department/shift managers is currently 25k to 33k
    around 30k seems to be the going rate at the moment(2013) but dont expect a pay rise for a few years. get every thing you have asked for and had agreed in writing as they will not fulfil what they promised at interview.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in May-2015.

Interview

Applied online the process took about one week. Then called in to meet the store manager The first thing that I did was take an online assessment which consisted of questions based on what I would do in certain situations. The next day I received an e-mail informing me that I was successful in the first part of the recruitment process, and I was then invited for an interview. The interview was very relaxed, and the interviewer was very nice. I was asked one question before…

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in February-2016.

Interview

Was alright and easy got taken in a room and one on one with the manager asked few questions about my personality straight forward got offered job there and then

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Received email around 2 days later rejecting my application which made no sense as I have plenty of experience in that exact role - literally with the same job title.
    I was above the required education and skills
    Uncertain what they look for with candidates.