J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

J Sainsbury Interview Questions

Updated 16 Dec, 2017

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November-2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application and small test which consisted of scenarios which would occur on the job
    Face to face interview with manager of the department which I was applying to work in

Interview Questions

• When have you done something which aligns with our Sainsbury’s values?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

One of the best and least nerve-wracking interviews I have ever had. Just make sure you plan your answers in advance and you'll be fine. All the questions I had planned for were the typical retail questions and they were the exact ones I was asked in the interview. When I arrived I had to wait for a little while in the staff cafe, then I was taken to a room, the lady checked my right to work etc, then you were asked to walk around the shop floor with a clipboard and write down things that the store was doing well, and things that they could improve on. Afterwards you go back to the room and talk about what you wrote down, explaining why. Then comes the questions beginning with 'Tell me about yourself' and then onto the typical customer service questons.

The whole process was extremely quick and simple, from applying online to getting a text telling me Sainsburys wanted to offer me a job. I applied online on Wednesday, got a text thursday morning telling me to call HR to arrange an interview. Interviewed on Saturday, text saying Sainsburys wanted to offer me the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • When have you received good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why Sainsburys over any other store?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team and how did teamwork improve the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think customer service is important?   1 Answer
    • Do you shop at Sainsburys?   2 Answers

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

One online test that tests your ability to deal with common situations - just common sense

One fairly straight forward face to face interview - they just ask standard customer service questions and your logistics in terms of starting ect.

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

it was a very cool easy going interview just a range of common sense based questions on a commuter and not too long to be fair about 15 mins tops

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First complete the Online questionnaire, a tip is to just make sure you put the customers and your own safety first. Next got a text asking me to book an interview, I interviewed one week later with a friendly manager. Got an offer a few days later which I unfortunately had to decline because I wasn’t given the hours I applied for henceforth I accepted an offer from another supermarket. Overall a pleasant and easy process. Good luck

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online. They required two referees. There's an online questions, store scenarios, you have 30 minutes to answer and bear in mind the importance of customers. I did not passed the test and not allowed to reapply in 6 months... unfortunately i chosen the wrong answers, maybe because as a customet myself, i never feel valued at their store, so their mock up scenario are actually just that, a mock!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

1 interview. Real easy. Asked a couple of questions. Asked for my clothing size and that was more or less it. Was comfortable and easy but I'm assuming they just needed people

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

1) I was given a test to do online- best and worse answers
    2) Got a text and email the next day that I've been successful, and in the email I was told to call HR for the competency telephone interview where they ask you what would you do in "this scenario", and what you expect to do in the role, what you could bring to the role like your skills and stuff :)
    2) Then by the end of telephone interview I was told I was successful in that too so would need to come in for an interview. :) And I couldn't choose the data, they just give it to you lol.
    3) Then, you just go the interview and they ask for your documents and what would you do scenario's again, and I had to complete some activity where I needed to spot out stuff that was bad in the picture etc.
    4) Then, was told they'd get back to me .

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting to do in the role?   1 Answer