J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at J Sainsbury

1,318 Interview Reviews

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Interview Questions

Interview

Firstly phone interview where I was asked basic questions and was more personality based. Then a follow up face to face interview with store manager where I was asked more competency based questions .

Interview Questions

• general interview questions: teamwork, customer service experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in June 2020.

Interview

Ghosted by the company.

This was during the COVID-19 lockdown. I was contacted by an internal recruiter about the position even before it was advertised. Had an initial chat which was reasonably positive (as expected). They then said the hiring manager wanted to speak with me for a first round interview (pretty normal procedure). This took about a week to organize (and me having to send a chaser).

I had the phone interview. 30 minutes. Usual stuff - went through my skills and experience. At the end the interviewer said I'd receive feedback within a few days. A week later there was nothing. I sent the internal recruiter a message asking about it. Ghosted.

I haven't failed an initial screen interview in a very long time. It's possible that I did fail it here, but for them to not provide any kind of response at all is pretty poor. Yes, we're in the middle of the COVID fallout and the job market is full of good candidates, so I have no doubt they have plenty of choice. However, ghosting people really isn't on - especially after having had some sort of initial interview.

Interview Questions

• A few questions around technical background, previous experience of managing teams and deliveries, etc.   Answer Question

Online Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Newport, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

It was great. Everyone was very warm and friendly even though the manager was running really late. The interview as a whole was very laid back and relaxed which made me much more comfortable! Was short and sweet, in and out in about 20/30mins

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy process. Online interview then a store interview face to face. Overall process was quick and efficient. Was happy with person who interviewed me and felt positive and comfortable throughout.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me for a data engineer role. They asked me to prepare a technical test before the interview and then on the day of the interview they asked me to do the task from the beginning with limited time for it and without even checking the solution i had prepared. The coordination with the recruiter was bad and they did not provide any serious reason for not proceeding with an offer. Their hiring process seems to be lacking of seriousness.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

I was contacted via internal recruiter who arranged an interview with the hiring manager and colleague. I felt it went quite well although a few funny questions.

they contacted me back wanting to discuss further opportunities.

i felt this went well and was positive and they seemed interested in my skills.

never heard back after this even though i have chased a few times.

i appreciate with the covid 19 situation recruitment is difficult with many talented candidates out there but after 2 interviews to have no response is very rude and dont think this is appropriate as i was told i would hear back within a few days.

very frustrating to be ignored

Interview Questions

• Have i ever worked with difficult stakeholders?   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

Had to complete a technical project which took all weekend to complete. After submitting the project got no feedback at all, good or bad feedback.
    Made several attempts to get feedback but no response.
    So wasted whole weekend on this project

Online Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldbury, West Midlands, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Oldbury, West Midlands, West Midlands, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, relaxed and felt a lot like a conversation. Finished in 20 minutes. Organised and efficient. Arrived 15 minutes early and they saw to me straight away. Started off with standard questions to check your eligible for the role and discussed pay. Then went into second part which included the main interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself(i.e work experience, previous jobs)   Answer Question
    • An example of a time you worked as a team and why is it important in this job   Answer Question
    • Examples of good customer service skills and why is it important   Answer Question
    • What does a customer look for in online orders and what would you expect   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.