Irvine Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Irvine Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Irvine Company

2.8

Leasing Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Really just getting to know you. I met with three groups of people.

Quick call with a recruiter then met with the Hiring manager, director and peers all in the same day

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Applied directly through the Irvine Company website and was contacted pretty quickly to schedule a phone interview. After a week or so was contacted to come in for a face to face interview with hiring manager and vice president of the department back to back. Was a long process but definitely worth it.

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Newport Beach, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Formal business attire. Very conservative company. Would not discuss salary. They insist on a MINIMUM of 40 hours.... Once they discovered that I wanted to go to Grad School, they tried to pursuade me to not continue the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Pelican Resort?   Answer Question
    • How are you going to go from a Management role to Suborinate role?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell us with booking a reservation for our resort?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Newport Beach, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Standard upscale hospitality interview. If you have previous experience, you already know what it is. Be sure to highlight any legitimate hotel experience. Not difficult to play up to their immediate in-interview expectations.

Interview Questions

• What kind of fine dining experience do you have?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Sadly, I have heard so many great things about The Irvine Company. I did not have a good experience. I was interviewed by an amateur 20 year old. It's almost insulting that I took time out of my day to be interviewed by someone who not only could explain the job effectively, but was blatantly rude.

I was not only qualified, but over qualified. I would suggest having a team of 3 or more doing an interview. Clearly this lady was having a bad day, or just didn't like me by my appearance. It was definitely personal! Honestly, it was the worse interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make a decision and that decision turned for the worse. What did you do and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Very professional. They have various talent acquisition people that screen potential employees. The interviewer has a script with written out questions that they follow. They ask you to describe a situation and then how you handled the problem.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an objection that your customer had?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with three different Irvine Co. people all on the same day, along with a whole lot of other people. My second interview was with the head guy, kind of accidentally. He wanted to hire me, and told me so, and wondered if we should even have the 3rd interview with one of his employees.

Interview Questions

• Just the typical questions. Strengths/weaknesses. How did you solve a difficult situation at your previous job, etc.   Answer Question

Associate - Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview with the assistant manager and manager of the office property for which I was applying. The initial interview took about 45 minutes. Excellent questions, focused around my experience on my resume. Also scenario based.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were placed in a difficult or tense customer service experience, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview at their property. HR was very friendly during the phone interview and easy to talk to. When I met with the manager in person the questions were similar to the phone interview. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is one reason why we shouldn't hire you and how are you trying to improve that part of yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Received an email after applying online and scheduled an interview the following week. Met with the two direct supervisors in a conference room for a 45 minute interview. Asked standard interview questions and was provided with additional details on the specific project. It has been one week since the interview - waiting to hear back.