Investors Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Investors Group Interview Questions

Updated 24 Nov, 2017

2.2

Financial Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

I got phone call after a week I applied. Was interviewed at the company with one HR person and two team supervisors who were looking for interns to join their teams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Investors Group (Vancouver, BC) in October-2017.

Interview

Began with a very positive phone interview and was told I’d be emailed an assessment after which I’d be called back in a few days regardless of how the assessment went for an in person interview.

The assessment was simple behavioral questions like “on a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy working hard” and took about an hour.

Sent the assessment in and never heard back.

Emailed to follow up and again never heard back.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

The interview was with a financial advisor. One phone interview followed by an in person interview going over the markets and some economics. I received an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the recent raise in interest rates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Investors Group (Markham, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

It is mostly like a description about the role. The recruiter did not ask much about my information, but rather than introduce what they do, what the role's duties are.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Investors Group (Winnipeg, MB) in July-2017.

Interview

There was a 3weeks wait before the interview was scheduled and it was conducted via the telephone. The process could do with an improvement as telephone conversation is not enough to access the suitability of a candidate

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investors Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was a very pleasant and simple experience. I found it not to be stress-inducing, but rather it was calm and relaxing. It was 1-to-1 and took probably less than 10 minutes. The person in charge of recruiting was very kind and approachable, which contributed to the calm stress-free setting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

This interview was for a beginner level software developer. The interview consisted of learning mainly if I was going to fit into the team. I believe IG understands that most university graduates have great potential and that what they do not know, they can learn.

The interview lasted about half and hour and the job was acquired. Many technologies used within IG aren't taught in school, and so the interviewee should have an open mind for learning. However, there is also a web team and if interviewing for that, it's self-explanatory that you should be carrying certain skill sets going into the interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

Manager pulled my resume off another job site and asked if I was interested in coming in to talk possibilities. First meeting was about an hour, filled 50% with me telling him about myself and 50% him telling me more about the company. He asked if I would agree to complete a personality profile and promised to share the results even if the results suggested I would not be a good hire. I completed the profile online from home later in the day, it was around 80 questions long taking about 45min of my time.

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investors Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Basically they wanna know how many clients you can pull in and how much investment you can bring in. What is your overall plan to develop clients and can you make 2m a year goal.

Interview Questions

• How many clients do you currently have and what are their net worth?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Edmonton, AB).

Interview

They ask you typical personality questions then complete market assessment with 200 people at least and get your licenses such as mfda. you will pay for criminal checks and credit checks. then you will get conditional hiring until pass your exams