Investors Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Investors Group Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jul, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Investors Group (Toronto, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

I applied online and two hours after they called me to book an interview appointment for two days later. They were hiring for two positions, associate consultant and consultant. I applied to associate consultant. When I arrived, they asked me to fill out the questionnaire which contained long answer questions about my network, my goals, what I expect to earn in 5 and 10 years later, and how to handle Clients. It took half and hour and then the interviewer came to me. He asked me about my educations and which position I want to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investors Group (Midtown Toronto, ON) in June-2016.

Interview

Can't say it's a good interview. I applied associate consultant position, but during the interview, the interviewer just keep asked me the detail about the market proposal and when to start your own business which I don't feel it's an associate position should consider.
    During the info session before the interview IG emphasised a lot about how their training help the associates, which I couldn't foresee from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Could you give me the detail of your market plan and how do you find your client immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Vancouver, BC) in June-2016.

Interview

The division director's assistant replied to my email and scheduled an interview for me. For the first interview, it was quit easy. the director just go through company's history and the value if I become associate consultant/ consultant in the future at IG. They asked to answered the POP quiz when I finished the test. The quiz takes around 30 mins to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Vancouver, BC) in January-2015.

Interview

They're looking for candidates who have a professional designation ideally a CPA or CFP. The process was short and brief. No HR department whatsoever, so you immediately interview with the Division Director or Financial Consultant who you will work for.

Interview Questions

• Q. any sales experience?

Q. how big is your warm-market?

Q. are you comfortable cold calling?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

fist interview was more of an information session they did most of the talking, second interview was with the consultant who was looking for an associate. Lots of questions, description type questions. They were very nice and couldn't really tell if they were being genuine or not :) Second interview was relatively harder since they would go beyond 2 examples with some of the questions so you have to prepare at least 3 examples

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations 1, 3, 5, 10 years from now   Answer Question
    • four words your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question
    • describe a time you were faced with a problem and what skills did you use to solve it   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had to defend a minority position   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

First interview with a Manager and then the second interview with the same Manager and a VP. Both seemed very informal. Position information was given in detail. Open to questions and answered all on the spot. Job offer came approximately one week later with a start date two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

This interview was for a beginner level software developer. The interview consisted of learning mainly if I was going to fit into the team. I believe IG understands that most university graduates have great potential and that what they do not know, they can learn.

The interview lasted about half and hour and the job was acquired. Many technologies used within IG aren't taught in school, and so the interviewee should have an open mind for learning. However, there is also a web team and if interviewing for that, it's self-explanatory that you should be carrying certain skill sets going into the interview.

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Investors Group in June-2010.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely slow they allow me to take the test but they wont give me the offer until i passed the course wich it took me over a month, i was very annoyed for it. i will tell any one who wants to start a career in this place to get the license or to have a lot of time to study. because if you are planning to have a check , this is not a way to start. do not believe that having a lot of family of friends will helps you to start having clients. this kind of contact are the most difficult to work with.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Winnipeg, MB) in September-2012.

Interview

Was called to come in, two team leaders interviewed. approx 15 questions-ranging from how to hand stress, to team building. Waited for 2nd phone call, reference checks.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Investors Group (Winnipeg, MB) in January-2014.

Interview

There are at least two rounds of interview. Be prepared to be asked about the company. The first round consists of HR and manager who are hiring the position (the respective department). Second round usually involves a senior management. At last, you will be required to to a background check and do a personality test to test about whether your personality fits into the role.