IG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

IG Interview Questions

Interviews at IG

Training Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IG (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

It was a 3 round interview process, the first round being a 30 minute interview with your potential boss, the second round was an aptitude test, and the third being another with your boss and a higher-up in the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IG.

Interview

Short questions on FX market including different currency pairs and general understanding of macroeconomic concepts. I also had to translate an article because my position was for the Spanish team.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview involved a one on one meeting after a phone interview. It is very analytical and requires one to be conversant with current news and be able to synthesize financial markets. It’s not about producing the correct answers, but to learn from your mistakes and quickly adapt to new skills.

Interview Questions

• Why did the USD still perform during the 2008 Financial Market Crisis?   Answer Question

Sales Trader Trainee Interview

Interview

Phone call, guy was super nice and cool seemed very easy to talk to but they were looking to hire immediately. Told me to call back closer to graduation. Asked a lot of questions about my resume he seemed to have it in front of him which I liked.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

They ask you pretty straight forward questions about basic macro-fundamental themes and prod your knowledge on financial markets. Managers will also ask about the extent of your knowledge in FX markets and your trading history (if any).

Interview Questions

• Can you name between 3-5 themes that are primarily driving market price action?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IG (Kraków (Poland)) in July 2020.

Interview

First HR called me for screening, then hiring manager talked about my motivation and what they are expecting from a candidate. At that call it was clear for both parties that we are not a match.
    The best part of it was that after HR lady called me and explained why we weren't a perfect match. It was the first time in in entire career receiving a rejection and feedback call.

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in April 2020.

Interview

The whole process took more than 2 months, started with initial email queries from HR, and then a call from HR, which then followed by an interview with the hiring manager of this role. Finally, a presentation + interview with the same hiring manager and Head of SEO.

I am a bit disappointed with the process as they finally decided to move this role to China two weeks after they called me and gave me positive feedback on my final interview and indicated that they would like to move to next stage once extra VISA fee can be signed off. So obviously, they didn't consider and evaluate the costs of my role very well in the first place which leads to such a confusing outcome. I personally think it is a waste of time when looking back now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IG.

Interview

It took 2-3 weeks. It consisted of 2 rounds interviews. The first one was via the phone and the second in person with the district manager. It was a friendly interview.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial discussion with a recruitment consultant who is responsible for performing a pre-screening stage. Some questions on your CV as well as a list of 6-7 relevant technical questions:

- What is a closure in JavaScript?
    - Explain how the this keyword works
    - What is currying in JavaScript?

And more.

The second stage is another phone screening with software engineers from the company. This went very well - questions on my background and experience, delving further into my CV as well as more thorough technical questions. Some of which evoke a technical discussion with the interviewers. E.g. How would you manage a list of thousands of items in the most performant way - Answer was a discussion around virtual scrolling, only having the DOM elements visible at that time rendered into the DOM.

Once the candidate reaches the physical interview stage they should be prepared to sit in a very claustrophobic room and provided with Wi-Fi access that does not work. The candidate will be given a contrived 'coding test' that involves consuming a flat JSON structure from an endpoint, aggregate the flat data and render it in a HTML table. Be prepared for the interviewer to give zero to little consideration or points if you have the ability to talk the problem and potential solutions through, aloud during the test. To this particular interviewer it is likely a simple binary outcome that matters; you finished the test, you didn't finish the test.

The candidate should also be prepared for the interviewer to not leave you to your own problem solving process and although likely well-meaning, get too involved with suggestions. Sprinkle in some well-meaning but poorly executed questions such as "do you know lodash?" and you will have an environment that is not likely to produce a pleasant interview experience.

The next stage of the interview was a second, more senior level interviewer. This was an hour discussion about my experience and going through my CV and a general chat about the company, some of the problems they have and their vision. He was very explicit in this discussion about calling me back in to have a further discussion with some of the guys I had the initial phone screening with, as to my acknowledgement I had frozen a little in the 'coding test'.

Suffice to say what actually happened was the senior level interviewer informed the recruitment consultant the same day they would not be continuing with my application due to tanking the 'coding test'. It would seem as it was more convenient for the second, more senior level interviewer, to get my hopes up and cowardly make the recruitment consultant do the difficult work than respectfully thank me for my time and explain that due to the 'coding test' it was not going to work out.

I would like to take the opportunity to politely prompt you to learn from this particular experience. It is after all, in your best interest, as candidates now have a forum where they can share their experiences.

Selenium Automation Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IG (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

I attended IG interview for Java Selenium Automation Test position in December 2019. There were 3 rounds. 1st round was technical written with 10 subjective Java questions. Afterwards in the second round, they had technical discussion on those 10 questions and some of the testing related questions. And last was HR round.

Interview Questions

• 10 subjective written technical questions based on constructor chaining, exception handling, checked/unchecked exception, try catch finally finalize   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.