Husky Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Husky Energy

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in July 2012.

Interview

It was thorough and long. I interviewed with 6 different people.
    It started with the hiring manager and then it went through peers as well. HR played an important role and then the final interview was with the VP. It was a long and detailed interaction asking specifics about my previous experiences.

Deskside Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in July 2012.

Interview

phone interview behaviour based questions. nothing out of the ordinary; strength, weakness, how to resolve conflicts do you have any relevant experience ave any relevant experience ave any relevant experience ave any relevant experience

Interview Questions

• nothing really; the questions are really straight forward. nothing that could catch you off guard   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in June 2011.

Interview

HR telephone screening, followed by 2 in person interviews. Overall lengthy process, but pleasant experience. Included technical questions, which is not always an industry standard. Behavioral questionnaire along general corporate lines.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural questions; standard corporate items.
      Technical questions on financial analysis.
      Industry outlook discussions.   Answer Question

Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in December 2017.

Interview

Human resources called for interview, followed by video interview that i had to do with recording, and if you pass that point, face to face interview with hr and manager.and sometime with couple of team members

Interview Questions

• What was one of your difficulties that you had to face and how did you dealt with it   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in January 2015.

Interview

Direct Sr. Supervisor and HR . It was just a formality as the new Sr. Supervisor already had an existing Husky employee in mind. Also the person that initially interviewed me for the position 6 months prior was no longer with the company, therefore this was a new supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit working in our department   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in February 2013.

Interview

STAR process was used during the interview process. Panel interview, phone interview used. The interview level at husky was probably average compared to other interviews completed at large companies.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Very easy. First had an basic behavioral phone interview process. Asked questions like why Husky, what do you know about us, Strength's/weaknesses. Second interview was in person and met manager and supervisor to talk about resume. More or less had the job explained to me and talked about my interests outside of school. Also asked why the oil and gas industry

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Husky Energy in December 2017.

Interview

It was fast and it was an online one way interview. It wasn't easy to adjust to talking to yourself in front of a computer. You just need to imagine you are talking to the recruiters and practice makes perfect. Filming yourself answering the questions beforehand will improve your confidence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with someone?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a video interview a month later.
    The video interview was through Take the Interview and there were 6 written responses and 7 video responses. The written responses were easy, basic questions about drivers licence and if you were able to work in Canada. The video responses were awful. You had 30 seconds to look at the question and 2 minutes to record yourself answering. Very stressful and awkward experience, you best have all your responses prepared ahead of time because there is no time to think.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a 'Take The Interview' online interview, followed by an in-person interview at Husky Energy - Calgary, AB. The online interview is hard to take seriously, but once you get past this, the process is very straightforward.

The online interview consists of 5-6 video questions, where you are given 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer the question. It is essential to be well prepared, as there is not much time to think of an example on the spot. Some of the questions asked are given below, with a standard procedure on how to answer the questions. Try and use the STAR process for every answer. Situation, Task, Action, and Results. Prepare a number of questions and answers as HR changes the questions very frequently.

Received a call for an in person interview approximately 3 weeks after the online screening, it is a larger company so the on-boarding process is relatively long. This interview is more of a panel interview consisting of your direct manager as well as 1-2 HR representatives. Some basic questions of your GPA, maximum availability, and co-op enrolment are asked by HR. The rest of the questions are asked by your manager, with these questions varying from department to department.

Overall, it was a pretty standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Husky Energy? Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time you improved safety.   1 Answer
    • What kind of environment do you work best in?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you made a mistake.   1 Answer
    • Name a time someone misunderstood you.   1 Answer
    • What does inclusion and diversity mean to you?   1 Answer