Humber College Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Humber College

2.8

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON).

Interview

1. Apply online
    2. If they select you, they will email you to make an appointment for an in-person interview
    3. In-person interview was 30-40 min. I had 2 interviewers. They asked mostly behavioural questions
    4. They may check your references after the interview
    5. They will email you with an offer if they like you

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON) in August 2011.

Interview

3 step process.

1. Application throughout the college website
    2. Preliminary telephone interview
    3. In person interview with manager and director

Interview Questions

• Typical, " give an example when you were unable to provide the best customer service possible. What did you do? And why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Waterloo, ON) in January 2014.

Interview

in person after submitting resume and CL I applied through my school website. Got the interview slot, went in for an hour and the overall experience was good. I got an email within a weeks time letting me know I had received the offer and had a week to respond. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a weekness   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview at the beginning. It was actually an info session and the employer explained what we would do and how it was like at job. Some previous co-ops shared their experience with us and it sounded wonderful. Actually it was the info session that convinced me to take this job, as I wasn't interested in tutoring jobs before. The individual interview took half an hour, and I was asked to pick a question on a paper. I picked the one I was familiar with, but unfortunately I got it wrong. I found it out and asked whether I could do it again, and the employer was pleasant that I got it right at the second time. I believed that I screwed up the interview, but I got the offer, which is weird...

Interview Questions

• What if you cannot solve the question students ask?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humber College.

Interview

Easy. They emailed me the time options to meet. Once I arrived, they aked me basic interview questions read from a script
    The interviewers were friendly. They explained the job in detail and what my responsibilities and asked if Id be alright with it

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation
      Priorities of an Assistance
      Behavioural Questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

first round direct face to face in Humber college campus. 1 hour round .. 4 interviewers in a room all asking questions mix of technical and behavioural from all 4 interviewers.

it was complete question answer round and not interactive. just answer, interviewers even do not change their facial expressions.

Interview Questions

• oracle merge operation.
      Java Messaging Service design pattern .
      why should we hire you for this role.
      exception handling in rest api.
      difference between api and webservice.
      static method override and overload.   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with agency for project and then proceeded with on call interview and then 1on1 interview. There was no other process with this interview. After interview, I was offered the job from an agency.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward and pleasant with a technical test. I sat down with the Help Desk manager who discussed the role and my past experience. There was a written technical test which I believed I passed. The manager contacted the recruiter and told them that I wasn't chosen for the position. 36 hours later they called back and offered me the position. This made me think that both employer and recruiter were disorganized. I almost didn't accept the position or would have asked for more money but only agreed for pocket money for the Christmas season. While going through the training process I noted a smugness and arrogance of the Manager followed by complete disorganisation when the average amount of call coming into the Help Desk were over 40 plus a day. The average in any call centre are 25 to 30. There are numerous procedures the average hourly salary for the position should be $25/hr.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humber College.

Interview

If you get selected from the countless of resumes submitted to the recruiter, you will be brought in for an interview, as the recruiter makes the judgement call on who to present. You get the interview and make an impression, then you will be presented with IT test...Somewhat easy if you have knowledge or experience. If you pass the interview and test, you will have a job!...it's only temporary and will not advance you to get full time position, as there are others waiting for a chance that are working there as contracts but at least they are steady contracts and they have been there for years!

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when an irate user came to you and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You negotiate with the recruiter and agree on a wage. Make sure you incorporate, Vacation time not given to contracts, Overtime pay (Which is time and half) they usually charge you the same rate, Stat Holiday pay and Other benefits that one can think of. This will increase your negotiation powers when dealing with recruiters, as they will make the money either way if you do not demand it!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humber College in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then my direct supervisor emailed me to schedule the interview. It was a panel interview with situational and behavioral questions. After that I received the job offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.