Hudson's Bay Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Hudson's Bay Company

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (Montreal, QC).

Interview

l'entretien s'est fait en groupe. Nous étions neuf candidats autour d'une table avec deux personnes des ressources humaines qui nous posent des questions (quatre ou cinq questions au total). On réponds chacun notre tour. L'ambiance était décontractée. l'entretien a duré entre 30 et 35 minutes.
    J'ai une réponse positive dans la semaine qui a suivi.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a face to face interview. 2 people interviewed me and they were very unprofessional and rude. Questions were thrown at me just like that before I can explain for the prior questions. I felt as if they were almost going to throw me out.

Interview Questions

• What did you find as the most compelling thing on a social media website   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Certainly not the worst interview I'd experienced, but I wouldn't call it professional.
    1. When I was notified of the phone interview, HR bcced me and didn't address my name.
    2. I appreciated that they told me the interviewers' names and titles before the second interview. But they changed it on-site.
    3. All interviewers were obsessed with taking notes (every sentence you said). Limited reaction and eye contact.
    4. Got the rejection letter from a different banner.
    Very structured interviews. No tricky or weird questions. Overall, candidate experience was not good.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral questions like where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I first had a call with the recruiter. I then had an hour long technical interview (algorithm based) over the phone. Called in for onsite, which was 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• For onsite, I was asked a tree question, hash question, and a system design related to e-commerce. Know how distributed systems work for system design.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

First, there was a screening round with HR, next was a video call with a Digital Manager.
    After that, they sent a case study which I was asked to present to the team. But they never got back as to when I could present it, even after multiple attempts trying to contact them.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company in March 2015.

Interview

First phone then in person, if your resume fits the role and your personality matches the manager then easy entry from there. All the roles are about can you do the job and if you can easily get along with the other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Easy technical and why i care about the industry and their products?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

This company has a serious problem where recruitment is concerned. There seems to be little follow up and few people to communicate with. Also, if you make someone an offer, and they accept, give a start date, and 7 different references, it would be good to respond to their requests on progress and next steps. I would not recommend working for this company based on the interaction with HR and Recruitment. The managers seemed really lovely though.

Interview Questions

• How would you juggle multiple requests from multiple managers? What is your experience with dealing with different departments? How do you deal with managing multiple calendars?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer, gave them availability dates and references. They wanted more references. I gave them more references. They wanted more references. Then they never responded to my inquiries. I'm moving on to something else.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

It was very simple. I had two interviews via phone. They asked me basic interview questions and to walk them through my resume. I was prepared with questions to ask them about the internship and they day to day aspects of it.

Marketing Management Interview

Interview

I was excited to hear that Gilt wanted to speak to me regarding an opportunity. Made myself conveniently available to chat over the phone within the 24 hour time period they provided. However, HR never called at our scheduled time. I emailed them after waiting 15 minutes and still heard nothing. Because this call was planned for a Friday, I reached out again that following Monday. HR responded to this email, apologized, and rescheduled. They simply ignored the email I sent Friday regarding the missed phone interview. So, we rescheduled.

On the day of our rescheduled phone interview, HR reached out saying their availability changed and they could only do that morning. Sadly I was sitting in a meeting and couldn't take the call. HR said Monday would work. I emailed her to confirm that Monday was open for me and requested a time. Never heard back. I followed up one last time and still have heard nothing.

I don't blame the branded company I applied to for this mishap as they are tied to HBC. I totally get that things pop up. It's the lack of response that made me frustrated. Sadly, the recruiter claimed to be committed to bringing in top talent to the organization. Well, that person certainly fooled me.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview is done at the near the end of the internship, All interns interested in going into the buying planning or merchant world are interviewed panel style for an entire day. Involves business knowledge and some retail math. Offers extended to roughly less than 20% of those interviewing for the full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in going into merchandising or planning?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.