Hudson's Bay Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Hudson's Bay Company

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (Montreal, QC).

Interview

l'entretien s'est fait en groupe. Nous étions neuf candidats autour d'une table avec deux personnes des ressources humaines qui nous posent des questions (quatre ou cinq questions au total). On réponds chacun notre tour. L'ambiance était décontractée. l'entretien a duré entre 30 et 35 minutes.
    J'ai une réponse positive dans la semaine qui a suivi.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

Initial group interview. You just have to be more confident than the other sales associates and you will get hired easily. Show that you work hard and have a track record of enjoying selling things.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

I sent in my application and got a response back from HR about a week or two later. Got through two rounds of interviews. One was a 10-15 minute long phone interview, which was pretty basic ( went over my resume, asked why I wanted to work there, etc.) and the other was a 30 minute in-person interview, though because I wasn't able to visit their office, I had a video interview instead. It was also pretty standard and comfortable, but went more in depth concerning my future career plans. I didn't get a response or follow-up after that though.

Integrated Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

It was a NIGHT MARE! I was called in the NYC office for an interview. The recptionist under the building was rude and cold. She didn't seem to have a smile on her face nor was she really interested in helping me. I told her I have an interview today and she checked on her system and couldn't find my name or the interviewer's name in her list. And she asked me to call the representative who got me the interview. I called him and they said someone will be down to receive me shortly. I Waited for whole 50 minutes but no one came down nor did the receptionist bother checking in again. After a few more calls, I get to know that they gave me a wrong address and that I have to be interviewed in another building. I agreed to walk there since it was hardly 6 mins walk. As soon as I reached, I got a call from the HR that the hiring manager is now "busy" and doesn't have time to interview me. And that they will reschedule it, which they never bothered doing till now. After few weeks, I get to know that the position is cancelled and they actually never needed anyone for that position.
    It was the most horrible and unprofessional experience I have ever had. They never bother about the candidate's time and effort and all the preparations that the candidate made for that 30 min interview. They didn't have the courtesy to apologize or even meet personally the time I walked to their other building. I realize that they are busy, but candidates like me also have a time table to follow and this unprofessional behavior should never and will never be appreciated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

Phone screening first, review with HR first, then with executives as second round. Really quick turnaround time. Sent me offer and signed quickly. Interview not too difficult, general technical skill questions. Relaxed office environment, no need to dress up in full suits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I first had a call with the recruiter. I then had an hour long technical interview (algorithm based) over the phone. Called in for onsite, which was 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• For onsite, I was asked a tree question, hash question, and a system design related to e-commerce. Know how distributed systems work for system design.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I had to go into their office for three rounds and submit a writing assignment. I had to go to the office three different times was because the first interview was cut short due to the one director forgetting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company.

Interview

It was very simple. I had two interviews via phone. They asked me basic interview questions and to walk them through my resume. I was prepared with questions to ask them about the internship and they day to day aspects of it.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Got a call from HR from Canada. We had a quick discussion for 10 min and scheduled a 30 min Interview next day. Then, got a call for onsite interview in New York. The Interviewers were not sure about the time they had to interview me. Very poor management and coordination with HR. Asked irrelevant questions in the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the competitive advantage of Saks.com?   Answer Question
    • Q. What are key metrics of retail promotions? How would you calculate profits?   Answer Question

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson's Bay Company (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, if you are a fit, your resume will pass to the hiring manager with an onsite interview. During the onsite interview, there is an excel skill test that was not meant to be finished.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.