Houzz Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Houzz Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Houzz

3.3

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz.

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough. I went through a phone screening first. Normally they have an open house after, but since I was located out of town I was skipped to a Skype interview.

The Skype interview was about 30 mins long. They ask ALOT of questions about highschool and extra curricular activities in school. Which for me was a little weird and challenging because I've been out of school for almost 10 years. My interest then doesn't reflect me now or how I will perform on the job.

After the Skype interview I had a face to face interview that also consisted of role playing a scenario of what the daily issues would be like.

I personally feel like I had an amazing interview. The people were really nice. Unfortunately, I feel like the company isn't diverse enough. I think they have a standard on what they are looking for and I truly believe my race didn't match their expectations. The office is about 97% young white women. I didn't see any men, Latinos, Asians, African Americans or multiracial people.

I sent a follow up email asked for feedback about my interview. They never responded and yet the job posting is still up.

Again, everyone was really nice. Seems like an awesome company but unless you were homecoming queen in highschool and a young white woman, this may not be the job or place for you.

Interview Questions

• What activities did you participate in in highschool   Answer Question
  • Name a time you've experience conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Houzz

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. I lived in LA and I drove to Orange County 3 separate times before finally getting an offer letter. The first was a phone interview, the second was in person and very informal, the third was in a larger group where they took you off one by one to speak with you and the fourth was a test they gave you in a room alone. It went well but at times was difficult just traveling wise to go back and forth, when I knew of other candidates that were able to skype in.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite standard, an interview with the head of country logistics, team leader and someone who had worked in the role for some time. These interviews were separate. The head of country asked about background knowledge on Houzz and personal background, team leader gave further information on the role while the employee gave insight into the day to day workings of the role.

Interview Questions

I enjoyed my interview with 2 of the 3 interviewers, who were very friendly people and willing to answer a whole range of questions. One of the interviewers however was one of the most unprofessional, condescending and generally unpleasant people I have ever come across in a job interview. Given some of the reviews from Houzz employees on Glassdoor it seems that this attitude permeates through the organisation with notably toxic effects, a shame given that the platform is genuinely unique and exciting.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.