Housing.com Lead ROR Dev Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Housing.com

1 Interview Review

2.0

Lead ROR Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Housing.com (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was more concerned about the syntax and code rather than the approach and solution. I gave satisfactory answers to every question, have no clue why I was rejected. It feels good to be rejected when you would come to know after the interviews that these are the areas where you need to work on, but I am clueless in every sense.

One suggestion to the Hiring Manager, it makes no sense that the interview of 7 years old exp is being taken by 3 years experienced guy.

Interview Questions

• Ds/algo
    1. Staircase Problem Fibonacci Series
    2. Level Order Tree Order Traversal

ROR
    1. Diff between require and include
    2. The syntax of validates_uniqueness_of function in ActiveRecord (was asked to write the code of putting validation on 2 fields). I told him that this is the function which would solve this problem but I would check the library for syntax and parameters that can be passed to this function.

DB:
    1. Write a query to update the missing values of table 1 from table 2 (Again he was adamant that how can I forget the "set" keyword in the update query). Why would I need to remember these things when there are libraries you can reference. I know how it can be done and whether this is doable or not and I guess that should be sufficient.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.