Hootsuite Co Op Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 226 interviews

Applied online33%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Hootsuite

Application

I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

I applied online and received interview request after one month. The interviewers were kind and supportive, and the overall interview was clear. I got typical behaviour questions and two technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself .
    Answer Question
  • Tell us about your course, the most/least course and why
  • Tell us about your strength and weakness
  • Tell us about one of your projects / any roadblocks / how would you do next time
  • Why do you apply Hootsuite and what do you know about the company
  • Tech q - String manipulation
  • Tech q - question to see how you approach in OOP language

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2019

Interview

I interviewed with their software lead and a junior software developer. They went through my resume, asked some behavioural questions, and then a technical question. After the interview, they gave me a company your.

Interview Questions
  • What did you choose Hootsuite? What do you know about the company?
  • Given a list of users with number of followers, find the top ten users with the most followers.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Hootsuite

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

You apply, wait for a while and then schedule the interview date and time. The interviewers themselves are engineers and very friendly. They take notes while you answer questions which is normal but there can be some moments of silences. They ask about your projects, what kinds of roles you take on, what motivates you and interests you. One easy technical question and then flipped questions. Overall, pretty nice and comfortable interview. The interviewers do a good job of making you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2017

Interview

I applied through my school's co-operative education program and was scheduled for a 1 hour interview. It was a very conversational interview, and after my two interviewers introduced themselves I was asked to talk about the things that I had worked on. I talked about the projects on my resumé, and then spent about 20 minutes working on the technical question they gave me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what you've worked on.
  • Given a list of objects in the form of "source : destination", each representing a leg of a trip, give the output of the trip itinerary. [ {"YVR:SFO"}, {"YYZ:NYC"}, {"SFO:YYZ"} ] Output: [YVR, SFO, YYZ, NYC]
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2017

Interview

Was contacted over email around two days after I applied. Interviewer was friendly, and the interview lasted for no longer than 15 minutes. Questions were relatively straightforward — the types you would see being asked at any other company. Be sure to do prior research on Hootsuite before going into the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hootsuite in Jun 2016

Interview

A 60-minute Skype interview with 2 of their developers. It featured a series of technical questions ranging from concurrency, algorithms, and networking, and a coding challenge. We talked about my previous employment history.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the Actor model of concurrency. Explain what happens from the event a user enters a URL in a browser to the rendering of the screen.
4 people found this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Got called in for an interview less than a week after sending in my application. The interviewers asked me about my projects and my past experiences. It lasted about an hour. They did not contact me to tell me I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2016

Interview

Applied through co-op program in university, was interviewed by three people, two engineers and one HR. Questions were split between behavioral, experience, and technical. Technical questions were I thought uncharacteristically easy

Interview Questions
  • Explain when you hit a block that made you start your project all over again

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2016

Interview

Applied through university Co-op system. I was contacted through co-op advisor, and interviewed within a week of being contacted. Interviews took place over two days. I didn't receive an offer, but the interview experience was good--I realized I need to ask more questions, and talk more while explaining my solutions. Interviews were very nice/casual, and represent the company well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in May 2015

Interview

The interview was an hour in length and started with the basic "tell me about yourself" questions. It then moved on to a technical question that isn't meant to throw you off but to test whether or not you know how to program, and then we discussed my personal projects. The last part was the main focus and the interviewer pushed to see how well I knew the technologies that I used and to get a good idea of my contribution to the projects.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews