Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 19 May, 2018
1,298 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

2 round technical interview and 2 round Hr interview which takes one week time. I have passed technical interview and called for HR interview through phone. It takes total 1 week get the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Visual C++ and MFC interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered good remuneration compared to my existing package

Chef d'entreprise client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolle (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Rolle (Switzerland)) in April-2012.

Interview

Entrevue réalisée en avril 2012

Le premier contact s'est produit après l'envoi de mon CV, soumis pour ce poste en particulier, par le biais du site Web officiel d'Honeywell. Trois jours plus tard, j'ai reçu un message qui m'invitait à planifier une entrevue téléphonique. Le gestionnaire responsable du recrutement qui m'était assigné m'a téléphoné personnellement pour me poser quelques questions initiales par téléphone. Les questions de scénario s'orientaient autour de mes antécédents professionnels et de mon niveau d'expérience concernant les activités requises. J'ai reçu un message trois semaines plus tard, m'avisant que ma candidature avait été rejetée.

Interview Questions

• On m'a posé des questions au sujet de mon aptitude à travailler dans une organisation matricielle complexe et internationale.   Answer Question
    • On m'a demandé quel était le salaire que je m'attendais à recevoir.   Answer Question

Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One interview with three people, they all got to ask questions. The questions were pretty basic but did have you go into detail on all of your answers. Make sure you know your story.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

HR interviewed with me over the phone. The process was happy. She introduced the position and also the working places. After that, she asked me a few common questions.

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Interviewed at NSBE conference. Was told I would be called for an onsite but never heard back. Interviewer was very friendly and welcoming . I find it very selfish of them for not reaching out with even a rejection

Interview Questions

Honeywell Response

25 Apr, 2018 – Honeywell

Hello; we'd like to look further into your experience. Feel free to reach out to us at https://www.honeywell.com/contact-us with your contact information so that someone from our recruiting team can... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Several rounds for the interviews, first I was given an at home task to develop a front end design in html, css and javascript without using any frameworks. The resources given were images and videos of animations.

A phone screen of 30 minutes followed that where I was asked about current position, what I would like from a job, basic technical screening. At the end of the phone call I was told an in person interview would be scheduled.

In person interview involved meeting the team, giving a presentation of "something ive done in the past and proud of", and had a discussion about it. Then a coding challenge alone for about an hour. And later a discussion with lead and senior developer where I was asked more technical questions and questions about my first at-home task which they reviewed.

Another round included a two 30 minute behavior phone screen with another manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between const let and var   Answer Question
    • What are some design patterns to create private variables in javascript?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

Got an on-site interview from HackGSU event. 3 interviews scheduled. First - HR, Second - Data Scientist (technical) and 3rd - with Senior Data Scientist (phone-call technical discussion)
    It was pretty easy and they focused more on understanding the concept and being able to explain it well rather than by-hearting the formulae.

Interview Questions

• Explain bias variance from lay-mans term   1 Answer
    • How do you perform model selection?   1 Answer
    • How do you solve the problem of skewed data?   1 Answer
    • How do you perform model evaluation?   1 Answer
    • What's P score?   Answer Question
    • What's bootstrapping?   Answer Question
    • What's cross validation (type of model evaluation technique)?   1 Answer
    • Explain supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised learning   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Did a campus interview. Typical bland star questions, and I wasn’t prepared so I totally bombed...

if you’re an international student, do NOT apply here. I’m a domestic student, but my international student friends said they never even heard back after their campus interview. Totally rude and unprofessional to do that.

With that said, The interviewer was really nice and actually called me to tell me they wouldn’t be moving forward, and also gave me feedback. Very very rare!!!

Unfortunately, I’ve heard both extremely positive and negative things from other students with interviews. They do multiple rounds of interviews for interns, second round usually tougher questions. For me, they were extremely nitpicky about stupid things, such as matching the energy of the interviewer and being too enthusiastic about the job to be professional. They told another guy in his second round that he didn’t care enough.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to come up with a creative solution.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly. Not many coding questions asked, more focused on behavioral.
    Be prepared for multiple panels of people, and multiple interviewees.
    Interviews lasted about an hour.
    Total time was about 2 months, got an offer after about 3 weeks. HR was very responsive through the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (New Brunswick, NJ (US)).

Interview

Got an interview after meeting a recruiter at my university's career fair, lots of behavioral then 2 or 3 technical questions, they ask a lot about yourself and accomplishments as well.