HomeServe UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

HomeServe UK Interview Questions

Interviews at HomeServe UK

Gas Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (London, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone with some questions on qualifications and previous experience .Was also ran through how they work and what was expected over all before going to next stag a nice interview process

Compliance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Interview

Went for a interview a few months ago. As with every interview I attend, I spend a lot of time preparing as well as having time off work to attend. Given that Homeserve claim they are a professional company, it is very unprofessional not to get back in touch to let me know how I got on. I was advised by the hiring Managers that they would let me know the following week, yet no one bothered to get in touch.

Homeserve have had many problems over the years and I thought they had changed. This behaviour shocked me.

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process were of 4 stages: 1. group activity 2. panel Interview 3.listening to live phone calls in the calls centre 4.role play demonstrating a phone call. The interview was overall hard. The first stage is the easy part and the last 2 stages were easy. The interview were hard and unexpected questions came up.

Interview Questions

• Many competency based questions requiring the STAR technique.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

One to one informal chat, role play with a group, one to one interview,and phone assessment
    Useful feedback was given on what went well and what didn't
    The interview process was quite long and competitive but did well to stand out from the rest of the crowd

Global HVAC Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Madrid (Spain)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied through a LinkedIn Adv. I had one face to face interview with Global Talent Director that came to Madrid for the interview, then I was passed to skype interviews with HVAC CEO ( Decision making person ) and then UK HVAC CEO and Global Finance Manager.

After this, and with everything apparently going perfect ( They called it " a perfect fit for both" after these interviews and declared to be "very lucky to have found me" because I was "exactly what they were looking for" ) , I was assigned by the CEO herself to build a Whole Marketing Plan and strategy for Homeserve's UK Boiler Business, that currently is running without any strategy further than trying to sell to actual members, losing margin and revenue due to new disruptive platforms and with a total lack of HVAC value proposition .

Not enough, I was also asked to work and build another full Marketing Integration plan for all new acquired companies once they do not have any . Today, Homeserve HVAC is just a M&A operation with just financial consolidation of acquired companies but with no common Brand, Marketing Strategy, Systems, Product or Value Proposition at all.

I spent 20 days working 15 hours a day including weekends to build both Strategical Plans once the feedback I received was really good. During this process, I communicated that I have found many basic Marketing and Strategic problems and they asked me to provide practical solutions to it. Therefore I assumed that after the interviews with key decision making persons and after providing me with such a huge assignment, I was totally on board and that we were just gaining time to the final meeting with the ( already positively interviewed ) CEO. The CEO came to see me to Madrid and I got also interviews the very same day with Global Strategy Director and HVAC Spain Director. I presented my strategic plans and we discussed for some hours about details, plannings, costs, value proposition and so on. During the meetings, they did a lot of questions, took notes and basically agreed with my analysis and proposed solutions. The CEO took the full consultancy work and after two days I received a short email saying that it was not the right moment for them and asking me to work as external consultant in the future.

Be aware that Homeserve looks for free external consultancy using senior candidates. If called by them, do the interviews but if they request to work on something, most probably you will be working for free.

Interview Questions

• They asked for two complete Marketing Plans for their biggest global problems. Poor shrinking sales and negative results in UK Boiler Business ( Shrinking business due to total lack of value proposition and Marketing Strategy ) and integration of acquired companies. They do not have any Marketing basics or even a simple brand platform activated. Not even considered, not planned. Nothing.   1 Answer

Management Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Pretty basic and perfunctory. My real criticism is that they didn't get back to me for a month so I chased them up. Got told that I'd been rejected. Very poor practice to keep candidates hanging for that long. Bad manners

Interview Questions

HomeServe UK Response

Nov. 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Firstly thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I'm sorry that you felt that you did not receive a timely response about the status of your application. For this type of role we have an average of 150 applications and as a minimum carry out a two stage process; beginning with a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting. Occasionally there will be a slight delay in lead times between the two stages, but it is important for us to to get the right people for the right job. We are fully committed to contacting all individuals and providing full feedback to those that have completed the process. Thank you for the interest you have shown in HomeServe, please check our Careers site for more opportunities.

Talent Acquisition Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Three stage - telephone interview, 1st stage - including role play, 2nd stage - including team meeting and presentation titled ' The issues facing senior hire recruitment, and how they can be resolved'

Interview Questions

• Role play is a meeting with a stakeholder to discuss hiring. You will be briefed with an agenda/parameters which you should try to push firmly but diplomatically. They will throw you a curveball which will most likely be someone has submitted their notice.   1 Answer

Safety Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was a mix of telephone followed by face to face. Initial phone screen was followed by face to face panel with department director and HR team, follow this there was a cooling off period and a further phone interview before verbal offer and postal offer. The process was professional and well executed.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on previous experience and how this would meet the requirements of the company core values . The interview panel was friendly and held at the head office. There was the opportunity to ask questions about the role and find out more about tne business.   Answer Question

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached by HomeServe for a number of roles in the company, mainly a senior manager role of which I attended three interviews for, preparing numerous times to be communicated poorly over 8-10 weeks from start to finish. I was told that I didn’t have enough years of experience (information available from my CV — wake up HR and hiring managers).

To top it off, they then approached me for two more jobs to which I told them to never contact me again.

Reward & Benefits Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe UK (Walsall, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

15 minute presentation with 3 topics to pick from and prepare for ahead of the interview followed by questions. Technical Questions about experience and Competency Questions linked to Company values

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to stand up for something you believed in? (Wording is approx)   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.