Hays Placement Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hays Placement Student Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.2

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a friend who worked there. I had a phone interview then an office interview then an assessment centre and finally and interview with the directors of that office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about 2 weeks later. Questions such as Why Hays? Why recruitment? Why do you think you'd be a good fit for a recruitment role?I was then invited to a 1:1 interview. This was relatively informal. We went through my CV, asked me a few general questions about myself and we then did some situational questions and a role play. I was informed I would receive a phone call at the end of the day. It has been over a week so I don't have high hopes but was still a good experience.

Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

4 stages after the initial application; phone interview, open day, assessment centre, and interview. This seems like a lot but it gives you a chance to get to know the job role and the company so you can make an informed decision as to whether you would like to work there.

Negotiation

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a relaxed 3hr taster day along with about 20 others to gain more of an insight into the company and what the placement year would consist of. Firstly we were given a few presentations, in which everyone made a few notes on what was being said. Then we were split into groups in which we had to review an application, then ask questions to the directors about what was missing from the application. Make sure you ask a question at this point to get yourself noticed. Finally we were then split off into pairs, in which we had to interview each other to find out information so we could secure each other an interview when presenting to the managing directors. However, only one of us in the par could present, so again make sure this is you as that's what the assessors are looking for - someone who will put themselves forward. When presenting the aim is to secure your partner an interview, so ensure that you ask questions to the managing director like "so when is a suitable time for you to interview..." rather than "can they have an interview" - again this is what the assessors are looking for. I feel as though I could have got through this stage if I asked a question or presented - it's all about being noticed.

Interview Questions

• What's your name and why do you want to work for Hays?   3 Answers

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Liverpool, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied through glass door, received a phone call a few days later which was the telephone interview. At the end of this i was invited to the Liverpool office for a face to face interview 2 weeks later. At the end of this interview i was invited to the assessment centre 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.