Hays Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hays Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.3

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process had four main components: a phone interview, a face to face interview with an internal recruiter, an assessment centre, and final interviews. The phone interview was very relaxed, it was mainly just going through my CV and general questions about why I wanted to work in recruitment. The assessment centre consisted of four sections: an introduction of yourself and the selling of one of Hays' USPs (selected at random), a business development call (with regular objections), the writing of a job advertisement, and selling in a potential candidate. This was then followed by a tour of the office. The final interview was with the managers of specific sectors (decided by the people assessing you at the assessment centre).

The process was professional throughout. Both the internal recruiters, Lauren Wise and Anne-Marie Kalas, were great throughout each stage and everyone who worked there seemed friendly and willing to help. My general feedback was that I was not professional enough, which was perhaps due to me trying to show too much personality in the final interviews rather than demonstrating how capable I actually am.

The one thing I didn't like was that I wasn't told the actual role I'd be doing until during the final interview. After the assessment centre you're given the sector but not the actual desk you'd be managing. Although I feel like I showed enthusiasm towards both sectors and the respective desks, further research on the specific role would have been invaluable. Overall, I was pleased with my experience and am naturally disappointed that I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Hays?
    Why recruitment?
    Example of a time you've been resilient.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Initially I received a phosne call and was asked a few questions over the phone. A very short phone interview.

Next I was invited to have a face-to-face 1:1 interview.

It was explained to me that the next step would be a presentation day, but I did not get invited to this round.

Interview Questions

• Please take a few minutes to think about how you would approach a client about a possible candidate.
      Role-play the phone call.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

After having a quick phone interview going over my CV I was invited to a one to one inter view. This was in the head quarters and was going over my CV in more depth and about the company and what the position was all about. It wasn't too intense and they were good at answering any of my questions. After this I was invited to a group interview.

The group interview was very intense. You need to make yourself heard. Do good research on the company, their awards, the sectors they recruit for and know the company values! You will have to do role plays, in front of the whole group, around 12 other candidates. They expect you to progress through the day, so learn from your mistakes at the beginning. In the role plays everyone had a different scenario and it was done at random. So just be prepared to be resilient. I had to get get a candidate an interview with a lead employer, with the twist the employer was going on holiday the next day! They will make you sweat but they are just testing how you handle negative situations. I was unsuccessful after this stage but they did call me the next day with feedback and advice which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into recruitment?   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

10 minute telephone-screening.
    1 full day of graudate open day with 30 people attending my session.
    3 hour assessment centre with 10 people attending my session.
    2 hour interview with a director and manager.

throught all stages I had a 'talent scout' who was on call should I want to discuss anything - and she was really helpful, ensuring that I knew what to expect and helped me prepare.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with a full day Graduate Open Day. The following week I had an assessment centre for 3 hours. The week after that was the final interview with a director and manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Hays over other graduate recruitment programmes?   Answer Question
    • Which specialism do you think you would be best suited to, and why?   Answer Question
    • Choose one of 3 CVs and place the chosen person into a job, according their skills and personality type.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview and then invited to assessment centre. Assessment centre was very fast paced but enjoyable and fun. Make sure you listen to what they are asking you to do, lots of people delivered presentations that were not in the format that they had asked us to do.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few days. A hiring agent called to arrange a telephone interview which would be about 15 to 20 minutes. The telephone interview was fairly relaxed and the agent was friendly and offered feedback on responses. After the telephone interview, I was invited for an interview in person which would have led to a final, third stage had I been successful.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Casual phone interview
    Face-to-face interview
    Assessment centre
    Final-stage interview (which I did not complete)

The assessment centre was nerve-wracking but you just have to appear really confident and put yourself out there.

For example, we were given three CVs and a job description and asked to pick which one was most appropriate. I just picked the most obvious one and when it came to the time for me to suggest it the interviewer said "oh I've already rejected him." I thought this meant she wanted me to pick a more hard-to-sell CV but upon reflection I think she wanted me to CHALLENGE HER. That is the key - my feedback was that I didn't take rejection well, probably because of this.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Stage 1 - Telephone interview, reviewing CV and application process, asking basic questions about myself and the company/job. It is very helpful if you research the company - they appreciate it!
    Stage 2 - Face to Face Interview with a manager. They asked more questions about myself and my situation, as well as some situational questions.

Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

4 stages - I have got through 3 of them and have the final one today. Very challenging but possible if you do your research. Understand the role of a recruitment consultant and the company ethos and values. Each stage is necessary and you learn so much from each one. Even if I don't get through, I will be happy to have had such valuable interview experience with such lovely and professional people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.