Handy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Handy Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jul, 2018

1.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was offered a Software Engineering position at Handy in January 2018. Recruiting went smoothly through the onsite visit, and I was given an offer consisting of $110K base salary with 10K stock options and a start date in 2 weeks time. The offer also expired 2 days after they extended it to me; when I counter-offered asking for additional stock options, and 2 weeks more time before starting (in order to give my current employer a 2 weeks notice and move from three states away), they made no attempt to counter my offer or even say that they could only meet the initial terms. A day after the offer expired my contact called me to say they would be passing on me.

I have never dealt with such unprofessional behavior at a tech company. What was strange was that during my visit everyone who I met there (including the CEO) was very cordial and professional ... except my contact, who was a total jerk. From mocking my current job (in finance) during an initial phone interview to aggressively trying to get me to commit to Handy when extending the original offer on the phone (without giving me time to look over a written contract), to the dismissive attitude I received when he finally called to say I was being passed over (after getting an offer 3 days before!), this startlingly unprofessional behavior came to be the defining feature of my experience interviewing there.

Handy Response

20 Feb, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback. This is definitively not our intended experience for candidates and it is truly regrettable that this has become the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Handy in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to do a technical interview. The technical phone screen was different than other places. You receive a call from an engineer and they tell you a little about themselves and ask about you. Then, they explain the problem. The call lasts about 15 minutes. They hang up. Then, you are left to solve the problem for the next 45-60 minutes. I completed the problem but it had a memory issue. I heard back within a few days. No feedback was given.

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Handy in July-2016.

Interview

Everything is done via cell phone. So I had to send a photo of my I.D. The company has to approve you for a background check which only takes a few minutes, thank your good to go.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   2 Answers

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

There was no interview. Handy does not inverview anyone. You fill out a form with your information and start working. This is how sloppy this "service" is. Good luck with that.

Negotiation

None

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

there is no interview you get hired online and you speak to no one they run a background check and you start from that day. you also must pass a cleaning quiz which is about 6 easy questions

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Handy (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

I applied through an ad on Craigslist. I recieved a phone call a few days later and was interviewed for about 10 minutes. They asked about my experience, how i would clean a home and what products i would use.

Interview Questions

• How would I clean hardwood floors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

online application first answer a short quiz next you receive an email for phone interview
    Next you to orientation for filling out paperwork receive equipment and smart phone told the policies of 5 principals

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

I applied online,two days later,I got an email,told me to call them to have a quick phone interview,first three days,they're always busy so I didn't do interview,I left the massage about my name and phone,
    after three days,they call me back,and have a really easy and quick interview,then they invite me to the orientation next Monday.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Handy (Seattle, WA (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

They ask you relevant questions about your method of cleaning by providing you with a pictorial scenario of what a typical job would look like. They offer you 22 an hour but you later on learn that you have to front several costs at the time of hiring.

Interview Questions

How annoying. Upon being invited to interview, Handy sent me a confusing email regarding an orientation I would need to complete in order to start my own cleaning business but that was irrelevant to me as I was applying for a cleaning position. I called and emailed them twice about their confusing email, neither of which received a response, so I upon my third voicemail, I asked them to cancel my interview. I get a call the very next day from a handy associate asking to confirm my attendance for the orientation. He agreed and I thanked him for the opportunity... And about 10 minutes ago I received a text message reminding me to attend the orientation.

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy in July-2015.

Interview

the interview was waiting for a call over the phone a person say their from handy and they ask you question on how do you clean they take it step by step i mean what would you use how would you use it and were would you use it ; to the littlest details

Interview Questions

• how many hours would it take you to clean a two bedroom?   1 Answer