Handy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Handy Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr, 2018

1.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was offered a Software Engineering position at Handy in January 2018. Recruiting went smoothly through the onsite visit, and I was given an offer consisting of $110K base salary with 10K stock options and a start date in 2 weeks time. The offer also expired 2 days after they extended it to me; when I counter-offered asking for additional stock options, and 2 weeks more time before starting (in order to give my current employer a 2 weeks notice and move from three states away), they made no attempt to counter my offer or even say that they could only meet the initial terms. A day after the offer expired my contact called me to say they would be passing on me.

I have never dealt with such unprofessional behavior at a tech company. What was strange was that during my visit everyone who I met there (including the CEO) was very cordial and professional ... except my contact, who was a total jerk. From mocking my current job (in finance) during an initial phone interview to aggressively trying to get me to commit to Handy when extending the original offer on the phone (without giving me time to look over a written contract), to the dismissive attitude I received when he finally called to say I was being passed over (after getting an offer 3 days before!), this startlingly unprofessional behavior came to be the defining feature of my experience interviewing there.

Handy Response

20 Feb, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback. This is definitively not our intended experience for candidates and it is truly regrettable that this has become the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Handy in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to do a technical interview. The technical phone screen was different than other places. You receive a call from an engineer and they tell you a little about themselves and ask about you. Then, they explain the problem. The call lasts about 15 minutes. They hang up. Then, you are left to solve the problem for the next 45-60 minutes. I completed the problem but it had a memory issue. I heard back within a few days. No feedback was given.

House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview

Didn't have one handy literally just said download an app submit your background check that's it no formal interview no talks of what you do know experiences to speak of just just background check

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well and I was invited to come to an in-person interview that would last 2.5 hours. I currently have a full time job so I had to take off work to go to this interview. In-person was great, everyone was really nice and the office is beautiful. However, the interviews were tiring (had to repeat myself for each new interviewer- 4 in total) and I was asked a lot of irrelevant questions. Received a phone call 2 days later saying that I didn't get the position because they have someone else "deep in the process", whatever that means. What's the point of wasting my time if you have a candidate who is basically almost hired? Unprofessional and disrespectful.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy (Detroit, MI (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

Online. Found out about it online, downloaded the app, filled out the required information. Very easy online interview process I think they might have done a background check. This is a dirty word minimum and I don't know what else to say

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. Recruiter spent more time selling the company to me than asking about me. Told me immediately I would be reached out to for a next round interview. Never heard back after following up twice. Extremely unprofessional and sloppy.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Handy and why are you interested   Answer Question

Associate Partnerships Director Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview followed by a take-home "case study" presentation. I have case study in quotes because it's real work they're trying to solve, but they're crowdsourcing it to candidates. They repost this role on job sites every few months as they get interviewees to come up with ideas they can steal and then reject them, saying they "filled the role." Don't waste your time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone conversation and asked to send over my availability. I did so immediately and then never heard back. I followed up the next week and was asked to send over more availability. I did so immediately and we set up a time to chat. This time was then pushed back 4 times before the person ultimately went silent. super unprofessional!

House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy (Miami, FL (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

Filled out a application online. Did a short test with easy questions abt housecleaning. Complete the next steps. send picture of ID and so on. Did not speak to anyone directly.

Interview Questions

• What type of clening product would u use on ..... surface?   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy (Dallas, TX (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 days, and I had to pay for a background check. I was hired after I passed it. I felt the hiring process was very quick compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have?   1 Answer