Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Hallmark

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied on the company website and then called the store a few days later to follow up on my application. I received a call a few days later to schedule an in-person interview at the store location. Contrary to most people's quick 10 minute interviews, my interview was actually about 40 minutes long. The manager discussed the history of the company and the quality standards of the company. Then she asked me questions about my work history and my qualifications. Then she posed several hypothetical work situations and asked me to explain how I'd deal with those circumstances. I got the sense that she wasn't necessarily so much concerned with my specific answers as she was with my ability to decide how to handle events without a lot of notice. She took lots of notes as I answered her questions, but it didn't give the sense of added pressure or judgment--more like as if she was interviewing me for a magazine article. After she got all the information she needed, she told me she was finishing up some more interviews in the coming days and that I'd hear from her in about a week. I got a call 5 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you define customer service in your own words?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark (Lewisville, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview process, as I was filling in temporarily for the month of July.All I had to do was fill out papers, no talking just straight documents.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

the manager interviewed me formally and in an efficient and timely manner. it took place in the store. the questions were pretty typical and expected. i brought my resume. i received a job offer within a week.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

It was very laid back. The manager made me feel comfortable. It wasn't an intensive interview, just some questions about past retail experience and availability/flexibility for the holidays. After he offered me the job, he walked me through the next steps and sent me an email to get my background check started. It didn't take very long, maybe a couple of days and I was put on the schedule within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• If this wasn't our best selling item, but we needed to move the stock, how would you offer this to a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Meridian, ID (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied in person, got a call back for an interview the next day. It was very casual. Just wanted to know what my availability would be as well as strengths and weaknesses.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was one-on-one and very professional. It covered many aspects of the job and my interest in the role. The manager explained some of the unique things about Hallmark and she seemed to like that I had done some research on the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hallmark that sets it apart from other retail positions?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

The interview questions were directly asked from a sheet and in a specific form. The hiring manager wanted to know a lot about my previous retail experience and the responsibilities and roles I have had in the past. The manager was friendly and the interview was brief, no longer than an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Personable, one to one with the manager. Interview was short, and sometimes may be offered a job on the spot. Manager will ask if you have any previous work experience. Generally will get an idea of how often you are able to work in store, and if you are flexible, able to stand long hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Are you currently in school?
      How often can you work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Oxford, MS (US)).

Interview

Made 1 out of 2 interviews. I received a phone call from a woman with a very thick accent. I could not understand any thing that she was saying, and asked her multiple times to repeat. This aggravated the both of us. By the end of the interview, I knew I was not receiving a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

I applied online and she called me back within a couple of days to set up an interview. The interview took place in a seating area in the mall. I wore business casual to the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.