HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

HGST Interview Questions

Interviews at HGST

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Boston, MA (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

The interview was about 15 min. The questions were about the projects in the resume. The recruiter mainly asked about the skills I had. Have not heard from it later so I thought I did not get this intern position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

it is ok, you have two online questions need 75 minutes
    and onsite interview are ok, and they are friendly,
    but need to prepare that is for sure
    location is good near airport, and commute is very good. but project will be difficult

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in March-2016.

Interview

Did an online coding test on Hackerrank. It was difficult. Afterwards, had a non technical interview where I talked about my experience and what I wanted from an internship. Was expecting a more difficult process but managers were more or less just looking for a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Non-technical questions - Just mainly about experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in May-2013.

Interview

HGST has a pretty straightforward interview process for internship roles. They did not ask difficult questions but were looking mostly to see if you have the skill set they described on the job description and if you're basically willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• What type of software do you know experience using?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in March-2016.

Interview

online exam, then emailed me and set up for a phone interview. make sure you knows everything on your resume, especially research and projects. If you put relative classes on the resume, make sure you remember the materials

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in April-2013.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks from interview to second interview to offer letter by email. Accepted offer letter, went in a did additional paper work with HR and then had a orientation which explained how the entire company works.

Interview Questions

• Ask things specific to the job that needed to be done, explained the job and see if you understand the basics   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, I talked with the manager for around 15 mins and he asked me bunch of behavior questions as well as some computer based questions.
    I got the offer in 2 days with a good hourly payment.
    HGST at Rochester doesn't provide housing but the housing here in Rochester is really cheap.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions; Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict.
      Data Structure questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

Friendly, thorough, in-depth, and I can tell they interviewed with the approach that they wanted to be able to hire me, and not like I was just another number, or that they had done 5 others that same day. It was engaging.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (Norman, OK (US)) in September-2010.

Interview

Great! All the people were wonderful! Seems like a great place to work! Everyone is very nice and it looks like a very comfortable place to work at! Its a great location and they have great benefits! You must go through a staffing agency to become employed there and you also must be willing to travel out of state to train.

Interview Questions

• Do you know specific software?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST in August-2012.

Interview

submitted the resume online. Got a reply from a hiring manager few days later. First was the phone interview. Then I was invited for the on-site interview. A whole day of sessions, presentations etc. The hiring manager sent out a note, asking me to wait for the HR team's offer the same night.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Took it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.