H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

H&R Block Interview Questions

Interviews at H&R Block

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Woodbridge, VA (US)).

Interview

The interviewer asked how did I hear about Block? It was brief, with a few simple questions. What did I think about managing? What location I wanted to work out of?

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royston, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Royston, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screening by office manager who then arranged in person interview with the owner. Met with local franchise owner. Communication was great and appointments were kept in a timely manner. Met for around an hour. Resume required but not really looked at in depth. Was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What were previous duties at my prior jobs   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I met with the office manager and since I had prior experience in Chicago, I was interviewed and hired quickly. If you are new to taxes, take the class that H&R Block offers, do all of the practice problems and ask the seasoned tax pro tons of questions. (Ask when they have down town, they can get cranky otherwise).

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want this job, your commute will be long.   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Wylie, TX (US)).

Interview

I got an email for an online interview. They were canned questions with no human interaction. As a 44 year old, I don’t mind skyping for an interview, but want the personal connection.

Interview Questions

• If you had a different opinion than your office, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Receptonist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Request via e-mail a Video Interview. Did not have camera access. Called contact number. Stated not in service. Tried to e-mail to explain. No response. Was very disappointed about the process considering they were also given my home phone as contact also.

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Colorado Springs, CO (US)).

Interview

The first year I applied was a one on one with the District Manager. Then years after that have been different, one year was a group interview and the rest have been applying for the job and they call and do a quick phone interview. This is only if you come back year after year. You do have to apply for the position several months before you start the job.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

it was actually very quick and easy! surprisingly it only took me around 25 minutes from when i walked in the door to when i walked back out the door leaving!

Interview Questions

• i was asked to explain a time when i utilized exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Block required a video interview first. Not everyone is telegenic and we appear better in person. Plus, these video interviews are certainly required by the corporate office to weed out older applicants. Block also didn’t inform me during before the video interview two game assessments would be required during the interview. So to answer phones and schedule appointments, you are assessed beforehand by playing two online games which are only determining a person’s ability to memorize and quickly perform maneuvers. Obviously, these games were added into the required video interview so Block could say the applicant didn’t pass the game portion; the video itself had nothing to do with the lack of moving forward in the hiring process. And this is a phone job. They asked questions unsuitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with team members if they all want to handle a project different from your thinking?   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minden, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Minden, LA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was through HireVue. I absolutely love the fact that I did not have to drive 20 minutes to an interview. I was able to do it on my phone in the comfort of my home.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment you achieved work-related? Why ?   Answer Question

Associate Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

First, it started off with a phone screen after I applied for the position via a third party website. The District Manager had asked me just your average questions, like for instance: "is the commute okay for you? In terms of pay, what were you requesting? What is your availability like?" Then from there, the DM had explained what the position entailed and what I would be doing on a daily basis for the associates. Once I agreed to the daily job duties, then I was asked to come into the location for a face to face interview.

From that point on, I went into the interview and met with the front receptionist and the District Manager of that specific location. It was a initial run of the mill interview where she asked me about my job history, some situational based questions and explained the position to me in detail again.

It went pretty well and I have to say that both ladies were super welcoming. Probably one of the best interviews I had in a while because I did have a lot of fun talking with the two and it was a pretty straightforward interview!

The whole process ended up taking about a week and a half. I had the phone interview on 2nd of December, then I had the face to face interview on the 6th of December and I received an offer on the 9th of December. So, I have to say that this process did go through pretty quickly and I had a easy time with every thing!

Interview Questions

• What was one change that you had to adjust to in order to be successful at your job? What was the change and how did you handle that change?   Answer Question
    • In any of your previous jobs, how did you handle difficult customers? Name once instance where you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.