H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at H&M

2.9

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M (Paris (France)) in July 2015.

Interview

Question sur l'entreprise, connaitre les différentes marques, culture mode,
Question habituelle sur le candidat valeurs, expériences, souhait de merchandising indoor ou window, ou windoor!
Test pratique de visuel merchandising en magasin et exos styling

Interview Questions

• connais tu les créateurs avec lesquels on a collaboré?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO (US)

Interview

I applied online directly through the job listing on their careers hub. When applying for a position they tell you that their interview process takes about two weeks and that you will receive a response by then. I applied over a month ago and never heard back - no email, no phone call. This is a shame as I am more than qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• If they suddenly ask for a phone interview by the time this review is approved, I'll edit and let you know the questions they ask.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Very focused on company values. Frequent questioning about background in fashion, retail and merchandising. Had to go around the store with a notepad and pick/choose what I like vs. what I didn’t like from a visual perspective.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan a normal work day?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

-Phone Interview with district visual merchandiser.
    -Asked to attend a “visual audition” at a specific location. It’s a group interview, fun atmosphere. Not competitive.
    -One last interview with a store manager/regional manager.

Interview Questions

• -What/Who inspires your personal style?
      Goes around in the group and asks each person.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call with 30 minute interview. Asked to attend a group visual assessment. The assessment was over 2 hours where we were asked to complete challenges and then present to the panel who was taking notes and observing us.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Middletown, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online late at night and received an email the very next morning for scheduling an interview.

We scheduled an over the phone one, took about twenty minutes and it seemed to be going well except it felt a little scripted. Then when she asked if I had any questions, I asked a few including why the last person had left (turns out they are adding an additional two positions), but the one that she didn't seem to like was "In your opinion, what would it take to *really* excel in this position?," because she said that I should read the job description. I thought I might've just worded things wrong and tried the question again, but she just repeated herself, coming off rude, and that turn was rather unexpected. Really, if I hadn't read the job description at any point, we wouldn't be at the interview process at all. I got the impression she hasn't done much recruiting before and a quick look at her LinkedIn profile confirmed this. As soon as she had said to read the job description the second time, I was no longer interested in the position and knew I wasn't getting it anyways.

The interviewer stated she'd get back to me within two weeks to see if I progressed, and a week later, I received a declining email with a generic statement (not complaining, as it's better than not being gotten back to at all). I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite fashion designer?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Poughkeepsie, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Overall process was lengthy. Looking back at my experience, I think recruiters and management pretty much already had an idea of who they were going to hire, but just dragged along candidates (such as myself) to create a positive interview experience. But the experience was horrible. There was a total of 3 interviews over a period of 2 months. The third interview, I was informed it would last about 60 mins, I traveled to the nearest store location for the interview, and it only lasted 10-15 mins. I didn’t even get interviewed by the person I was speaking with, it was some guy who was “training” to become a recruiter, and he interviewed me while the supposedly qualified interviewer took notes and watched. I was informed I didn’t get the position 3 days after the last interview. I should’ve known how the interview process would go, being that H&M has such bad reviews on their recruitment and HR

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First I had a phone screening, basic interview questions: Background, experience, interest in the company. Then was asked to be a part of a Visual audition the following week. Consists of a group interview but more of a hands-on experience. The people interviewing us were just trying to get a sense of our style, work ethic and ourselves. Over-all it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you would change about our stores?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

This was the most frustrating and disappointing interview process I’ve ever had in my life! Was contacted via email and after responding I didn’t hear back for a week or two. Eventually had a phone
    interview scheduled, I left work just to talk on the phone with them. Was sitting in my car for over an hour. They never called me. I tried calling every store in the area to track this interviewer and explained what happened. They said, “She always does this.” Basically schedule phone interviews and never follow up with them. Finally someone called and it wasn’t the person I was in touch with. Had the interview, then they asked me to meet with them tomorrow, no notice at all, during my work time. Went to center city for the interview, I met with two “girls” and I say girls because they were not professional at all. I felt like I was in high school hanging out with two girls judging me the whole time, whispering stuff to each other and giggling. That’s when I knew this company was not for me. They had me walk the store for my own call outs, pull looks for mannis, was VERY harshly judged for the looks I pulled for the mannis. I have years of styling mannis and I’m a personal stylist. They were just flaunting their power in my face. Told me I made it to the third round of interviews. I said no thank you. If my experience isn’t enough, something is wrong, I refuse to battle it out with people who have no experience at all or who is fresh out of college, no offense.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online first at a couple of stores, then I got a email first about moving forward from the recruiter, then two in person interviews. One with the department manager and one with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why should I receive higher pay?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where do I want to move within the company?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.