Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2017

2.9

Trainee Audit Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in October-2017.

Interview

The digital interview was horrid. The computer asks you 10 strengths questions and you get 30 seconds to prepare and a minute to answer each one. The whole thing felt so dehumanising and left me with a rather negative view of the company. I would rather work for a company that judges me on how I interact with others rather than a computer screen. This process must kick out so many good applicants so its Grants Thornton's loss to be honest.

Graduate Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

Really good experience. I applied on the 10th of July, and received a call within 2 days from telling me that my application had been successful and that I was being put through to the digital interview round. If you are unfamiliar with digital interviews, you will either download an app or do it online, and the questions will be displayed on screen as you are recorded in a video where you give your answer. You get a lot of prep time for Grant Thornton compared to a lot of other places so don't be too nervous, from what I remember you will get 1 min prep time for 1 min answers, and 2 min prep time for 2 min answers. There are also some practice questions at the start and you should probably run through these a few times before starting so you can get used to being in front of the camera, although these are not like the questions you will be asked. In the email inviting you to the digital interview they will give you 3 competencies, and they will ask you a question relating to each one. I was given ownership, initiative and adaptability but they asked me a few other general questions as well that I've listed below with the times.
    I recommend having some paper and pen handy so you can jot some things down as some of the questions are broken down into smaller details that they want you to add in. Come up with some examples of the competencies before you start and making sure you've really explored them and no the details of what you did and how you did it, what effect it had and so on and you will be absolutely fine.

2 days after the digital interview I got an email saying that they would like a follow-up call regarding my video interview. They don't give you much notice of this which is disappointing. I was given the option of having it on the following day or the day after that and had to pick a 15 min slot from 10am -11am on either day. I am waiting to take this part of the interview now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (1 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you have had to take ownership of a task. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have taken initiative. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have had to be adaptable to a situation. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • What do you think you'll be doing on a day-to-day basis? (give specifics) (2 min)   1 Answer
    • Why Grant Thornton? (2 min)   Answer Question

Global Employer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

The recruitment process is divided into 4 stages-
    1) the online form - simple and straight forward
    2)digital interview - this is tricky and needs to be practiced before going in for the actual interview
    3)telephone interview - very friendly and relaxing
    4) online assessment - logical, verbal, numerical.

Graduate Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in May-2017.

Interview

Usual online application where you answer competency based questions. Then if successful you receive a phone call that you've got to the online interview stage. Lots of opportunity to prepare as they provide you with their blog site for graduates/placement students to give feedback. Was unsuccessful with the online interview and was told that I'd receive a link to book a time slot to get a phone call with feedback. Never did.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions based around core values which they tell you they will inform you about prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in April-2017.

Interview

You're told what to expect, 3 competencies that they're looking for and motivations for the role and the company, and the interview doesn't extend beyond that so you definitely can prepare. With regards to motivations, I would recommend thinking about why you have applied for that particular role, how the company stands out from its competitors and have an understanding of what you would be doing in the role, both day-to-day and as part of the contract duration. Also research into what the qualification exams you have to take are about (I knew almost nothing about that and had to admit that over the phone but still made it through to the next round!).

If parts of your interview are not up to standard there's a short follow up call where they prompt you for those parts so knowing that the video interview doesn't really have to go perfectly took the pressure off and I think I performed better than I would have otherwise because of that. During the video interview you have 2 minutes to prepare and 2 minutes to answer (remember, not a maximum) and I found it much easier than the standard 30 seconds prep, 1 min 30 seconds answer.

Interview Questions

• Initiative, Ownership, Agility (10 minutes to write a written answer), motivation for role and fit into the company.   Answer Question

Technology Risk Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in January-2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather strange, as they use digital interviewing where you are shown questions on screen and then record yourself (within a strict time limit). I felt that it was a very impersonal way of interviewing because there were no follow up questions and the response time was extremely limited (just two minutes). There were practice questions but I found them quite misleading because they allowed 3 minutes for answering.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk us through an achievement that really highlights your ability to take ownership of something.   Answer Question

Actuarial and Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in November-2016.

Interview

Online application form with a few standard questions about motivation for applying, education and understanding of the core values of the company. Phone call from an HR rep to invite to video interview if successful. Video interview has all questions mentioned here previously in the same order. Regardless of success you get a follow up call to get feedback.

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in October-2016.

Interview

After the initial online application, I was asked to take part in GT's digital interview. The process was certainly unique - I haven't heard of any other professional services firm using this method as part of their graduate selection process - and it's fairly straightforward. You're given some time to practice with some trial questions they give you - however, from my experience, I did not find these questions at all comparable to the actual questions being asked in the interview, so do be warned! The interview was approx 15 mins long and there were 6 questions in all, including a written question. To be honest, I think it intentionally tries to throw you off, but overall, the questions weren't particularly difficult, just required a bit of prior preparation to get used to the set-up.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as part of our grad scheme? (and give specifics)   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September-2016.

Interview

Simple online form followed by a video interview. Video interview asks six questions and you get two minutes to prepare your answer followed by a set amount of time to record your answer. One answer requires a written response instead of a recorded one. You are allowed unlimited practices with practice questions, but only one attempt at the real recorded answer.

I was unsuccessful at this stage, however, I received a feedback call from GT to discuss my video interview and how I could improve my answers in future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself?
      Q: What do you expect to be doing day-to-day in your role?
      Q: Why GT?
      Q: A few competency questions (showing initiative, leadership, team skills for example)   Answer Question

Tax Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

I got a chance to have digital interview for 2016 tax graduate programme. Questions are same and you can check those posts on Glassdoor. But it seemed they did not watch my digital interview and gave me a email said that the position were filled and they would like to move my application to 2017 graduate programme on September. And it's strange that they always sent email at late night or on weekend. But it's not a big problem anyway.