Government of Saskatchewan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of Saskatchewan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Regina, SK)

Interview

Rigorous interview, as required for a government position: excellent feedback and communication; very welcoming and supportive team; very generous with with interview feedback when I didn’t get the job. Seemed like a wonderful workplace.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to present your company to a member of the public that was displeased with its performance.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, SK)

Interview

Regina interview process was conducted in the right way Questions were straight forward Focused on requirements while looking for answers that included behaviour or character Rather than asking " are you hard-working - similiar generic questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Albert, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Prince Albert, SK) in Sep 2019

Interview

Short written test followed by a panel interview with 3 managers. Mostly behavioral situational questions with some career highlights. There were some technical question pertaining to the field as well. The interview lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe some of our services and programs?
  • Can you tell me about a time where you had to work under pressure?

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Regina, SK) in Jan 2019

Interview

I got the interview through the University Job site. Then I have prepared myself by reviewing behavioral questions online. I had also seen some youtube videos regarding interviews. I did a mock interview with the University student recruitment process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Albert, SK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Prince Albert, SK) in Oct 2018

Interview

Panel interviews, questions based on experience and behavioural response. Also included a timed, basic software exercise for understanding. Was asked to interview for a supervisory RO position after initial Deputy RO interview, and accepted this opportunity. Eventually a supervisory position was not offered but was told that other opportunities and the original deputy RO position and other fits for my skill set were being considered and that the Operations Director would connect with me in two weeks. I never did hear from her after a couple of follow up emails from myself. My advice to Elections Sask - be honest with your candidates, if you are not hiring them, tell them that. Don’t lead people on thinking that there is a different opportunity forthcoming when you have no intent to follow up or offer anything. That is improper and unethical and very sad for an organization that should hold ethical behaviour and propriety as its highest values, given its role in the voting process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would make access to voting more accessible for voters at the polls you would be responsible for.

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Regina, SK) in Jun 2018

Interview

It took about an hour. normally there were 2 interviewers, the hiring manager, and the director. there normally one round of face-to-face interviews. Then the interviewer will perform the background check. it normally takes 2 to 3 weeks for finalizing the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • tell me what do you know about the government budget process.

Government of Saskatchewan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan

Interview

The interview started with a “test” which basically consisted of a write up on a hypothetical client scenario. You’re expected to respond to the scenario as best you can, I believe the test is meant to assess conflict management skills, writing/communications skills, and knowledge of the the of the organization.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, SK) in Apr 2017

Interview

The interview process was a brief face-to-face interview with the manager and an environment protection officer. The questions that were mostly asked were behavioral as opposed to technical. After the interview process, I was emailed within a week to know that I obtained the position.

Interview Questions
  • How will you handle a conflict between you and a co-worker? Give an example where this has been an effective process.

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Government of Saskatchewan (Regina, SK) in Jun 2016

Interview

UNBELIEVABLE It was 3 hours long. I had to give a presentation on a job specific topic that they provided me a few weeks in advance. I also had to provide a technical document that I wrote in previous work (which is not really an ok request because nearly everything I wrote for my previous employer had confidential information in it) They asked for 3 references and called each of them and basically interviewed them. For every "give me an example of a time when" question they asked for a name that knew about that situation so that they could verify it actually happened. Basically if you have an interview here just don't do it. It's not even a good place to work. The questions were super technical. I.e. how would you design runoff storage, what are greenhouse gases that concern this industry, how deep would you dig test holes for manure storage.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

It was delayed several times and took a while to be contacted, but once interviewed, the process was much faster. The interview took about one hour, it was conducted by three people and it was divided into a round of technical questions, followed by a round of situational scenarios, then a short prensentation and my round of questions. In general terms it was very fair and straight forward, without the cliche questions such as your worst defects or best attributes type of questions.

Interview Questions
  • Knowledge of the provincial legislation
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews