Government of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Government of Canada

3.1

Adjoint aux ressources humaines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Gatineau, QC) in June 2017.

Interview

Processus à l'externe pour le public général en ligne puis en personne pour combler des postes d'adjoint(e)s en ressources humaines permanents au sein du gouvernement du Canada à Gatineau (Québec) et à Ottawa (Ontario).

Interview Questions

• Je ne peux dévoiler ces informations.   1 Answer

Trade Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two employees of the embassy interviewed me. They were looking for specific skills for a specific project so they have asked me a very specific question like where I have proven that I have those skills they are looking for. They also wanted to know whether I have the industry knowledge based on in which industry I will be active the most.

Interview Questions

• What innovative way would you approach top executives from TNC´s? (As email and phone don´t always work that well)   5 Answers

Business Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The interview process includes a test and in person interview. The test looks for how you handle projects and your writing skills. The in person interview is with a pannel and looks to see your people skills. The questions are both personal and knowledge based. The process is one interview.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you do speak any language you claim to. They will ask you a question in that language to gauge your ability. Most of the questions are how to handle people and situations, make sure you consider your personal approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase with a government position. The salaries are publicly posted and they will not and cannot budge on salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2010.

Interview

Consist of in person interview of speaking with the hiring manager, technical test of typing and using websites.Basic questions were asked, as long as you have office working experience and can use a computer, pass the background checks , and is a Canadian citizen, you should be able to qualify.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

I received an initial call in response to my online application. After the call I was invited to an informal conversation where I was asked to summarize key takeaways from a report. No panel interviews, not the most formal process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied for this job competition in January 2020 and was invited to a written exam in March. After successfully passing the exam, I was invited to a virtual interview with a panel at the end of May. The interview was based on two questions related to experience and one related to a hypothetical scenario. The hiring panel reached out to my references the next day. Several weeks later, I received an email to say I had been disqualified from the process. I have strong references and was well prepared for the interview, while I believe I demonstrated all of the required competencies successfully. I am now following up for an informal discussion to understand how the board reached its decision.

Interview Questions

• Unable to post information on this due to the confidentiality of the process.   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada in May 2020.

Interview

1st stage written application answering a number of questions, 2nd stage a 24 hour written exam, 3rd stage a video interview with 5 behavioural questions, still waiting on next stage in process, haven't heard back yet. 5 months between initial application and video interview.

Interview Questions

• Sample scenario with managing employees and how you would allocate responsibilities   Answer Question

HR Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Apply through GCJobs for most government of canada jobs. YOu will then need to answer questions on your applications in regards to your experience and other related comptencies. Next step is a written assessment and interview, with reference checks being the final stage.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions that you can google online + simulation of real-world HR problems   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview.Employers use phone interviews to identify and recruit candidates for employment. It ask 4 questions. The interviewer ask a lot of follow up questions. The interviewer is nice. But he took 3 weeks to respond to me.

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

I had one interview. I was given the interview questions before the interview, allowing me time to write down my answers and prepare. I was informally tested orally in French to make sure I could speak and understand the language. This was followed by a Microsoft Excel test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.