Government of Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 148 of over 148 interviews

Other6%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of Canada

Government of Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

It was very personable. You were given a chance to hear about the role’s responsibilities and office life. It was multiple interviews in one day from different employers. It was about 15 minutes each. Have your elevator pitch ready.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself How are you resourceful
    Answer Question

Government of Canada

Application

I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

Very structured and scenario based approach with exam and full interview with hiring panel. Entire process formally takes 6 months to a year. Pretty long and painful application process online..

Interview Questions
  • Describe a scenario when you had multiple priorities and a last minute deliverable but no or limited information - what did you do? Who did you consult?

Government of Canada

Application

I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

No interview they just hired me. They called and offered me the job. There was no interview at all. They ranked people by their resumes and then called with offers

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Government of Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

Process was formal. One hour, three interviewers. Questions focused on safety , experience and scenarios. Interview was online and well formatted, the feedback was timely. I wish the interview felt a bit more soft skilled.

Interview Questions
  • what would you do if you saw an unsafe act.

Government of Canada

Application

I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

The interview was conducted online. There were three people who introduced themselves. All of them were paying attention to my replies and they were also taking some notes as I was answering the questions.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were provided to you when the interview started and you were given some time to look through it and make notes before the interview started. They were standard questions similar to those asked in other jobs.
2 people found this interview helpful

Government of Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

The interview was conducted by two retired employees. It was short 15mins without much time to ask questions. The interviewees seemed to be rushing through as many interviews as possible.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Government of Canada

Application

I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

Open environment where I felt comfortable and at ease. Questions were directly related to the job, including technical engineering questions. If I needed a moment to think through my answer, my interviewers were happy to oblige and wait. Overall a great, stress-free environment for interviews.

Interview Questions
  • General engineering questions related to the specifics of the job at hand.

Government of Canada

Application

I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

They provide you with questions at the start of the interview. You have 15 mins to prepare your answers on various situational questions. Then, you have 45 mins in which to answer the questions. Usually, there are 3 questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation with a colleague and how did you resolve it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2021

Interview

Great interview process. Really responsive and open to providing feedback. The interview was more conversational and provided space for both sides to ask questions. The recruiter was very responsive with follow ups and keeping the candidates up to date on the process.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have developing programs for diversity and inclusion initatives?

Government of Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada

Interview

Very quick and as enjoyable as an interview can be, interviewers were nice and relatable. Interview was 30 minutes with time for questions after and interviewers answered all questions with lots of detail.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Interviews