Find jobs for Data Warehouse Architect

Government of Canada Data Warehouse Architect Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2010

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 151 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of Canada

Government of Canada

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in Jan 2008

Interview

I attended an Interview for a DataWarehouse or BI/OLAP Architect As I have worked for over 20 years in this area as a Prinicpal Consultant & Troubleshooter for the Software Vendor whose DataWarehouse and BI products were actually the prime ones being asked for. Despite having actually written (AND given) some of the Training and Certifcation courses for the Software Vendor themselves, I was asked why I had NOT while as an EMployee - not been sent on such courses. When I replied that I had been fully -billable for the Software Company Involved and since it was the policy to only send Staff on Courses when Opportunity permited, I had not had chance. I had also been advised that I didn;t need it and such a Certification was not mention as one of teh Qualifiactions for the Job. It seems that they we so hung up on this that, despite the fact that I clearly demonstrated vert strong techical, communication and teamwork skills during the Interview (according to Feedback I later recieved), I did not get the Position. Apparently, ONE person (who was NOT going to be associated with the Job itself), got really hung up about the Certification - which came completely out of left field -from the viewpoint of the other two people conducting the Interview. Since the dissenter was Superior in Government Rank to the IT Specialist and IT Manager interviewing me, then their veto, effectively won. I only heard months later about what had happened when I happened by change to meet the IT Specialist who'd Interviewed me, at a DataWarehousing Conference in the USA. I was also apparently, not suffciently Bi-lingual, for the Senior Civil Servants Satisfaction. (This despite my having lived and worked in Paris and regularly working with French speaking clients. This was my first experience of dealing with Central Government from an Employee applcant viewpoint and to say I was somewhat disappointed at the Process, is a reasonable conclusion.. Hopefully, this is an isolated example of an Interview for a Job with the Government.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you not have a Certication in <Vendor_name> Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence?
    1 Answer
  • Why have <Vendor_name> sent you to a lot of non-Canadian clients?
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed