Government of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 93 interviews

Campus Recruiting2%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Government of Alberta

Application

I interviewed at Government of Alberta

Interview

Interview conducted by two managers. General standardized list of questions that are mostly behavioural based. interview took about one hour. Asked to complete a short written assessment afterward answering a single question.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with stressful situation?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

Lots of HR questions at the interview, had to perform an in person skills test, panel interview, provide writing sample. It usually takes some time to hear any response after submission of application.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of HR questions, including how to balance competing priorities, what to do when manager/supervisor is heading in the wrong direction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in Feb 2021

Interview

Panel based interview with 3 interviewers. Very rigid questionnaire format. Each interviewer asked a specific set question related to their particularly specialty. There was no room for discussion outside of the pre-set questions. One panelist did ask a more personalised question, but it seemed this was not normal for these types of interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Government of Alberta

Application

I interviewed at Government of Alberta

Interview

The interview was based on the APS competency model which you can find on their website. (In my case, the recruiter emailed it to me.) They asked one question from each section.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a time where you made a decision that was not necessarily the best for the short term, but beneficial in the long run?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2020

Interview

They simply asked general technical questions. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were taking notes on computer. They have list of questions ready and were asking one by one. Interview was unidirectional with minimal participation from panel side. Means they were asking questions and keeping quite throughout your answer without any participation from their side.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you have to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and how do you handle them.

Government of Alberta

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta in Sep 2020

Interview

Interview was scheduled through a doodle poll with confirmation that they were proceeding sent late. Interview was panel style without any curve balls. However, follow-ups for information from HR and thank-you emails to interviewers were ignored, I only saw that the requisition had been filled when searching the job portal and seeing the status had changed which is pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in Aug 2020

Interview

Approx 1 month wait from application to first contact. Interview was with two managing staff and was organized but casual. A focus on previous experience with government processes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Government of Alberta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta

Interview

Difficult and took a long time— several group interviews followed by one on one with sr mgmt. All in the process took a month and a half. There was a telephone screening, group interview, panel, and one on one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Government of Alberta

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview was with 3 individuals, and completed over the phone due to COVID. The questions were wordy, lengthy and scenario-based - so not only are you trying to wrap your head around the questions, but you have to recount several experiences to connect each question to.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you failed to engage key individuals in your work?
  • What opportunities do you foresee being able to model the Ministry values?
  • Tell us about a time you turned a frustrated client/complex situation to satisfied/resolved?
  • Tell us about a time a client complained about your service - what did you do/outcome?
  • Tell us about a time you needed to adapt your approach in order to get results?
  • Tell us about a time you built rapport with a client/Tell us about a time you built rapport with a colleague?
  • Tell us about a rewarding client experience?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Got a call for an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. Had to a COPAT. Then was invited for an hour long interview in front of a 3 person panel.

Interview Questions
  • What are 3 ways you can ensure you and your partner are safe?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews