Government of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Government of Alberta Interview Questions

Interviews at Government of Alberta

3.1

Community Engagement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Required large project to be completed and submitted. Had some direction but not enough direction to know what the expected outcome of the project would be.
    No follow up was provided after the interview but could track the progress on the website.

Industrial Approval Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

It’s lengthy looks professional outside, but actually they hire internal personnel not all the times, but most of the time. Because there were 3-5 persons interviewing.

OHS Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

The process started with a timed written exam, you will be given 1 hour the submit your answer. After that you get selected for interviews: be conversant with the Alberta Public Service competences and you should be fine. There was a scenario based session and a panel based interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Internal Responsibility System will be asked for sure.   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Interview

I got a call 4 weeks after I applied to the job. It was on site interview with one HR person, one supervisor for the position and one department manager.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in March 2019.

Interview

panel interview, 1/2 hr, not very intimidating, asked for a bunch of forms to be filled out, needed a police check. Interviewers were nice and professional, asked fairly typical questions.

Interview Questions

• typical questions - tell me a time you did this... etc.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long, overall duration was around 3 months.
    My application was submitted, then I was contacted via phone by one of the HR representatives, after an initial screening I was offered an in person interview which took place 3 weeks later. Leading up to the in person interview I was asked to provide documents for a background/clearance check.

The in-person interview took place in Edmonton with a team lead and a manager.

The interview was not challenging technically, the questions asked could be answered by a first year college student or a high school student who had an interest in technology.

After working there for several months I found out the team lead and manager were unable to answer the questions they asked my in the interview, they were only reading off a script which had been provided by the previous team lead who was more technical.

After the in-person interview I accepted the offer, there was another 4-6 weeks before I started the job. Overall the interview process was too long.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you get all of the services running on a windows server via command line?

2) How do you select a field in MS SQL query using a wildcard?

3) What is the best way to troubleshoot a problem?

4) Which programming language is the best right now in your opinion?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in December 2018.

Interview

STAR interview
    They will ask you how you would handle various hypothetical questions related to correctional services.
    They will ask you questions to find out how much you know about the correctional system

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a supervisor at edmonton remand centre   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when a coworker was being difficult and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB).

Interview

Long process - about 3 months from time of posting to offer letter. They also allowed me to extend my start date until later so that I can wrap up my practice.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle the double transition of coming from private practice to going both in-house, as well as practicing in the public sector.   2 Answers

Revenue Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by an HR person, a manager and 2 team leaders. Each of them had a part to ask like 5 questions each. They were friendly. HR said in advance eye contact is not a big deal as They were writing down your answers while answering the questions.

Interview Questions

• Experience and education that relates to the position
      Situation where you demonstrated your problem solving skills, good customer service, team player,
      Why do you want to work for GOA
      How do you demonstrate accuracy?
      How do you manage to learn new systems
      Do you have experience in invoicing?   Answer Question

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in November 2018.

Interview

Sit down in front of a panel of 3 plus people, they ask a lot of behavioural and situational questions as well as technical. Know your stuff and the trade agreements and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.