Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.4

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

Meet with the team of risk management and all of them will ask you questions from different perspective of the position. People there are extremely professional and you have to be able to tell the true nature of risk management as well as the basic terminology of credit risk analysis.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct a thorough credit risk analysis, what's the main aspect of credit risk analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a phone interview. We set up a time and the guy was going to interview me forgot to call. So I sent him an email to reschedule and he called right after he got my email. There were behavioral and technical questions. But the questions were simple.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is credit risk.
      What do you think is the most important thing to Goldman Sachs right now.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Process took approximately months- applied in March and didn't hear back from them until mid May. Received an email notifying me of their desire to have phone interview. Interview consisted of 3 different phone interviews with members in different departments. Each asked questions about resume and what I knew about their individual department and why it was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed questions about resume, about what I know about their company, and why risk department.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

3 rounds and met with 10 people - 2 Senior Analysts, 3 Associates, 4 VPs and 1 MD

Interview Questions

• as an equity analyst and risk analyst how would their analysis differ in assessing a company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. first rround wasn't intense, theyre mainly looking to see if you can think logically and if you have passion for credit risk

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I feel that I may have been put through the worst. They asked some questions about my experiences and coursework, but then it seemed to get worse from there. They started going with heavy technical questions about bonds.

Interview Questions

• If you own an Apple bond, how do you mitigate the default risk?   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 1 phone interview, and shortly flown out to Salt Lake City, all expenses covered. In SLC, after a dinner with a few from the team came the interview process. 2, 2 v 1 Interviews which were easy going, not very technical, though very thorough on my resume, followed by a written test and an interview with the MD.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who would you lend money to: Ford or Boeing, Ford or Tesla, and Twitter or Apple.

Other behavioral based of the resume.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was slower than my other interviews. I think it took a total of around 2+ months.

I had 1 phone interview with a VP from the Credit risk products department. He mostly asked me about my resume, why credit risk, what I knew about credit risk. It wasn't a hard interview.

Then a few weeks later I was invited to the superday at Salt Lake City. There were 2 30 min interviews with 2 VPs per interview and a short 30 min writing exercise.

The interviews weren't bad. They didn't ask me any technical questions, again heavily focused on my resume and past experiences.

The exercise was just a summary of an article and writing a few inputs on what you thought of it.

What I liked was that in between the interviews GS set up a casual meet and greet with current credit risk analysts

After the superday I got an offer about a month later
    My friend who interviewed for IB had a much smoother and faster process. Mine took twice as long. Also I was told that I was going to have a final phone interview after the superday but it kept getting postponed and then eventually canceled which was odd.

Interview Questions

I wasn't placed in the group that I wanted and took another offer that was more competitive

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Both were behavioral based and also meant to gauge an understanding of credit risk and an interest in the markets. An understanding of what it is and what metrics to look for in a balance sheet and income statement to identify it would be helpful. An understanding of hedge funds and different hedge fund strategies is also helpful in case you are being interviewed for an opening on that team.

Interview Questions

• What company would you lend to between these two?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.