GlaxoSmithKline Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

GlaxoSmithKline Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.2

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Hill, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Oak Hill, NY (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

I first met recruiters at my university's career fair in September and applied the next day. It wasn't until December that they called to set up a January interview. The entire thing was behavioral. Make sure you know STAR. It was also long, between 2 and 3 hours with three interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered x problem and how would you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Phone screen was first done by HR, followed by hiring manager interview over the phone which was more detailed. The face to face interview was done for approximately 2 hrs and it involved a panel that all sat in the room at once asking questions in an alternating fashion.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a phone interview. Interview was not hiring manager but another engineering working at the hiring location, who then gave his recommendation to the hiring manager. They later told me they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick GSK? Typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July-2014.

Interview

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November-2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the process engineer that I would be working with. It was mainly CASE questions and then just personal questions that were more casually based. The interviewer seemed nice and was very candid about the process.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There were numerous phone interviews with HR, the head engineer and the other members of the team, there was both numerical and personality online testing and a face to face interview with HR, the team leader and head engineer at the site.

Interview Questions

• Heat transfer questions, reaction questions and identifying P&ID diagrams.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in February-2014.

Interview

I sent my CV to a recruitment agency to apply for the role. The following day I received a phone call to discuss my experiences, salary expectations and why I was looking for a move. A week later I received a phone call requesting a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week at a time convenient for me. The interview consisted of a competency based panel interview followed by a presentation and lasted ~1hour 30minutes. After which I had the floor to ask questions. I was informed that it would take ~2weeks to get feed back as they had just started the interview process and had a lot of candidates to interview. On the Monday of the start of the third week following the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter that GSK had made an offer for me, which after some questioning I was happy to accept. GSK had the best onboarding process I have encountered in my professional career. They have a dedicated onboarding profile which was clear, and easy to use.

Interview Questions

• As the interview was competency based, it was all about your dealings and experience with difficult people, decisions and how you go about influencing people. The most unexpected question was asking me what my current salary is, this was the first time I have had a hiring manager ask that during the interview. Their technical question was regarding how you would go about conducting an investigation, which I felt wasn't technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate my salary for the grade I was being interviewed for. I did not feel any requirement to negotiate as I felt the salary offered was very competitive. I would say if you are going to negotiate have a solid case on why you are worth more than they are offering and what skill you have that will benefit the business greatly.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in March-2015.

Interview

Presentation, Competency Questions, based on the company values and behaviours.
    Was telephone interview, followed by face 2 face.
    It was initially a brief chat to understand reason for looking and what you have to offer, and given description of their requirements.
    Face 2 face was more competency based, and slightly more technical.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November-2015.

Interview

45 minutes behavioral interview, followed by 45 minutes technical interview. The interview was part of an assessment center, which took place during one day, and also entailed two group discussions, a role-play and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview: Give examples of a situation in which you worked in a group to achieve a challenging goal, a situation in which you encouraged someone in your group who was experiencing difficulties. Describe an occasion in which you worked on improving one area that you felt you were lacking in.
      Technical interview: draw a distillation column, decide which drier would be best suited for a process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.