GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.2

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Akron, OH (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

Phone interview on January 24, 2014. Phone interview went well. As of February 7, 2014 still no response, my account still says considering. I spoke with the manager I had phone interview with and he assured he would be calling, had a little down time between hiring. How long can this take?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July-2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 face to face. All of the face to face interviews are with multiple people at once. Make sure you are fully prepared for what you want to say as well as your knowledge of the company

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the others?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cleveland, OH (US)) in September-2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview with the hiring manager which entailed just going though my resume and other qualifications. A week later I had a 2:1 face to face panel interview with the hiring manager and another DSM

Interview Questions

• Phone was walking through resume. F2F was Typical STAR format questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July-2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview and then had three different face to face interviews with a panel of approximately 3 to 4 interviewers. Some of the questions got a bit repetitive and then just making sure that you have your answers all in line.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be a pharmaceutical rep with no prior experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in August-2013.

Interview

Very professional process. I was treated as a valuable player and was credited for the past years in the industry with other companies as though I had been with them the whole time.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Phila, PA (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions

• Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   1 Answer
    • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   1 Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February-2014.

Interview

I was contacted within in a week of applying by a GSK recruiter.
    Had a phone interview with hiring manager.
    Then flew down to ATL to interview in person with hiring manager and another same level manager.
    I didn't get the position, but the hiring manager did call me back and I asked for feedback on the interview and he provided it. In my opinion, he went above and beyond.
    It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked in the in person interview a lot of questions like What would I do to get beyond the front office to see the doc, etc. Nothing I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August-2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Boston, MA (US)) in March-2010.

Interview

Initial Phone screening led to 2 more phone interviews. This was followed up by a group interview with breakout sessions with different hiring managers. It was a intimidating process where the questions led to talking openly without a flow. I was brought into a large conference room where all the candidates received a brief introduction of the process then broke out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you overcame a hardship and won a deal.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY (US)) in March-2008.

Interview

Several interviews, they want to see a sales portfolio and history of proven success. Must be outgoing, competent and presentable.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw a team member or doctor doing something unethical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate! Do not just accept the first offer. I did not negotiate and found out my counterparts were making several thousand more base than I was!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.