Glassdoor Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Glassdoor Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.5

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October-2018.

Interview

After an HR phone screen, I had a phone call with the hiring manager. After that, I came in for in-person interviews with six folks (four in the Mill Valley office, two via video chat from the SF offices), and then followed up with another interview in SF with folks I'd been unable to talk to originally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you met or exceeded the target success metrics. Tell me about another project that failed to do so. What made these successful or not?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

Had a fantastic experience interviewing with Glassdoor. Almost a month had passed after sending my resume, and I finally got an email from the recruiting team. They were extremely pleasant and polite to communicate with.
    I first had a screener call with the Recruiter, two days after receiving her original email. This was a very nice conversation. Reviewed my background and relevant experience. At the end of the call, she said she was going to recommend to the hiring manager that they have the next phone interview with me.
    That same day, I received an email saying the hiring manager would like to schedule a call. That was scheduled for 2 days later. I had an hour and a half long call with the hiring manager. Everything that was discussed was presently relevant to the company - all in regards to challenges the company is currently facing, and use cases that they are currently making decisions on. He also ran through some of my basic SEO knowledge since that was related to the position. At the end of the call, he also mentioned that he'd like me to come in for a face-to-face round.
    The next day, the interview coordinator reached out to me to get dates of availability. I am based in Los Angeles, so Glassdoor flew me out, rented a car, and a hotel room nearby for me to come up for in person interviews. I had a full line-up of 5 interviews one after the other, and a team lunch in between.
    Every person I spoke to seemed genuine, and very happy to be working where they are. It looked like an amazing place and team to be a part of.
    The one person that was pretty intimidating in the interviews was the CXO (and co-founder). He had a list of random questions intended to gauge level of knowledge and experience on various topics. Questions were unrelated to one another, and were tough to respond to quickly without context, but other than that, overall a very very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is penguin? What is panda? What is VLookup? What are pivot tables? What are 4 of the fundamental ways to gain positioning in search?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks to get through -- I just checked through my email history, and confirmed that I had four phone interviews just to get to the onsite. Then at the onsite...I interviewed with 3 of the same 4 people! A lot of repetition and redundancy as you might imagine. I was recovering from the flu, and I knew that as the onsite day stretched on that I was fading. I got stuck by a couple unexpected interview moments and just didn't have what I needed in order to attack them. A few days later, I was kicking myself because I had thought through different approaches but I knew it was probably too late. Anyway, I'm not giving the experience a Negative review just because I bombed those moments, and I'm not even giving them a Negative review because the company burned through so many weeks of my time with their interview process. I'm giving them a Negative review because after my interview they went dead silent. Ice cold. Weeks went by, then months. The calendar year turned. I finally got an automated reply from their application system that let me know the position got filled. I was excited to work for a company that was built on transparency and disrupting the recruitment process -- but in the end, I was really disappointed that no one responded to my emails, no feedback was given, and I was just left hanging out there.

Interview Questions

• A senior product leader asked me how I'd improve a specific area of their site, then, as a prompt, showed me what he thought best of breed options were and asked me what Glassdoor could borrow.   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

24 Jun, 2015 – VP, People

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We took your feedback to heart and have revamped our feedback process for our candidates. I am really sorry you had a less than great... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

I worked at GD 6+ years ago as a contractor, and had kept in touch with several of the great team there, so this process started with one of those contacts reaching out to see if I'd be interested in a position. So I had a pretty solid understanding of the product, at least the consumer-facing piece.

First real step was coming in on a Friday afternoon for a casual tour of the place (450 people versus 10 when I was working with them before!) and casual chat with a dozen or so team members over beers, some new people and some I already knew.

Had an official interview round the next week, a full day with six different people in different roles. Since this was a PM role for their employer products team, much of the focus was on my B2B experience. I felt like I totally bombed two of the sessions, since I was very candid about my limited experience in that space (I had years of experience with B2B, but not in the PM role.)

To my surprise, I heard back about a week later with an offer! I must have had a champion who was able to assuage the interviewers who I bombed with.

I took the offer and started about 3 weeks later.

Overall I was very impressed with their interview process. Everything was very professional, everyone was on time, polite, asked excellent questions, and left me plenty of time to ask questions. I appreciated being challenged in the interviews, and it really did help me understand some of the more challenging aspects that came with this particular role.

Interview Questions

• The VP of Marketing, who has since left the company, asked me a very interesting and enlightening question. On a whiteboard, he listed out the eight areas of responsibility the PM role entailed, and asked me to rank my competence AND enthusiasm for each role on a scale. For example, one column was product roll out including getting marketing, sales, PR, client services, and engineering on the same page for a smooth product release.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.