Glassdoor Senior Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for Senior Engineering Manager

Glassdoor Senior Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I was very much impressed with the interview process at Glassdoor, not long ago when interviewed the position of senior engineering manager. Especially the Glassdoor recruiter, who contacted me initially, and worked with me all the way from the first phone screen, to technical phone screen, to the on-site, and finally the offer stage. She really came in a position to help me better prepping for each interview. For example, I was informed ahead of time about who the interviewer was and the background of the interviewer. More importantly, I was also informed briefly about what areas of questions I could be asked and what other areas I shall be prepped for and etc. I felt the information I received is more than enough, and it is definitely way more than I would expect to know. This is extremely helpful and make me stayed comfortable throughout the interview process. I really highly recommend that.
Another major takeaway from the entire interview process is the transparency. Besides the prepping mentioned above, the feedback also came to me very quickly and constructively in a day or two. Though I had to wait longer than initially was told for receiving the final decision after my on-site, the recruiter keeps me updated on why and what other due diligences the interview team were up to. I had a feeling that the recruiter really came in to help me to land the job. I would describe this is quite unique experience of job hunting/interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• For interviewing manager position, definitely keep your technical skills sharp. Do expect programming questions (to write code) and also architectural / technical design questions related to distributed computing. It could be quite open ended though. Moreover, I felt culture fit and team fit were major consideration as well. So try to prep for behavioral questions related to people/team management. Do express yourselves confidently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and the tech stack caught my attention. After a call with the recruiter, I was asked for a technical phone screen. The screening question was a good mix of algorithms, data structures and design.

After clearing technical phone screen, I was invited for on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews excluding recruiter. I requested to spread the interviews over 2 days which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structure related questions. Pretty straightforward DFS, backtracking and Sets.   5 Answers
    • My people management style. Challenges faced in my (then) current role, was asked to provide examples etc.   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.