Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and the tech stack caught my attention. After a call with the recruiter, I was asked for a technical phone screen. The screening question was a good mix of algorithms, data structures and design.

After clearing technical phone screen, I was invited for on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews excluding recruiter. I requested to spread the interviews over 2 days which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structure related questions. Pretty straightforward DFS, backtracking and Sets.   4 Answers
    • My people management style. Challenges faced in my (then) current role, was asked to provide examples etc.   2 Answers

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was really positive overall. I applied online and within a few hours was asked to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. This was mostly just the recruiter giving me additional information on the position and what it’s like working at Glassdoor, pretty simple. After that, I was asked to come back in for an in person interview with SDR managers and 2 current SDRs. This was more of a structured interview, 30 minutes with each manager individually and 30 minutes with both SDRs at once. The third and final round was a 15 minute presentation to a few SDR managers. The presentation was a final way to sell myself to the team, and to express my abilities to do the job. Overall, it was a great process. I felt well informed the whole way through, and the team was all super nice!

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter after having my friend refer me for the role, and then was forwarded to setup a call with the HR manager quite quickly, and after that was quickly invited to interview onsite for the role. Throughout the entire process, the recruiter was very attentive and constantly checked in on me as well as supported me through asking how was the call with the hiring manager and also keeping me pumped up about the opportunity which was great! I have never been through an interview process that felt so personable and it really helped me ultimately decide to accept the offer to work with the company. As for the onsite, I first met with the recruiting coordinator who showed me to my interview room and helped me setup my laptop to do my presentation via Zoom and give me the schedule for who I would be speaking with that day. I noticed the structure was different from the one that was sent to me beforehand, but I figured things can always change up but don't think it made the experience negative in any way. I then met all the people who would be talking with me that day (hiring manager, PM, engineer, other designers), and presented my work for the first half of the hour. Then, came the whiteboard challenge portion which was unique because the interviewers played roles of stakeholders from one of the few design challenges they allowed me to see prior to the interview day and pick to solve. Afterwards, I had a free lunch with the PM and hiring manager and then had 3 1-on-1's with an engineer and the other 2 designers which were all great conversations. At the very end, I met with the hiring manager one last time who then saw me out and was reached out to by the recruiter a few days later to be given the verbal offer! Overall, the entire process took a little over a month from when I first got referred.

Interview Questions

• If the engineer had a specific constraint given a design, how would you go about resolving that?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

4 step process. First was a recruiter call. This was followed by a second call. The third step was a virtual sales pitch(this felt like the most important part. Know this material). Finally,an in person interview with several of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor? Why Account Executive position?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter screen followed by phone interview and onsite. They focus on culture fit a lot and be prepared to answer of lot of questions related to that. Onsite was 2 coding and 3 behavior rounds. The weird part was the hiring manager kept asking me names of previous managers along with when I worked with them. Even though I was uncomfortable sharing that information, he kept on pushing me to disclose that.

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

From the beginning with Bree (HR) contact it was comfortable. Her assistant Danny even gave me cash as I left my wallet in Uber. I was an out of town interviewer so I had 2 phone screenings and several video interviews prior to several onsite interviews. Every person I interviewed with had a great personality and seemed a great partner to work with in the advancement of this role and company goals.

Interview Questions

• What points of information are needed to determine taxability of a service?   Answer Question

OSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. They do a good job of working around your schedule and really make a effort for what is best for you. Very helpful with any questions or concerns I had about the company or the position. Overall I thought a was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you when it comes to finding the right job and company?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process for the SAE role was very thorough and from an interviewee's perspective, pretty enjoyable. The positive energy that the recruiter, recruiting coordinator and folks I interviewed with was really genuine. I really got a good grasp into what the job entails and what it might be like to work with Glassdoor. I never felt like I needed more information or that they weren't dialed in. Overall, the process was great and one of the better interview panels I've taken part in.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your motivation?
      Q: What makes you different from other candidates in the process?
      Q: Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?   Answer Question

Applications Security Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The overall interview process was quick, engaging and responsive. It took around a month to complete the entire interview process.
    There was a initial screening from the recruiter followed by the technical phone round by the manager.
    Once these were cleared was called onsite for close to 5 hours with 6 rounds. Questions ranging from given an architecture of a system securing it to general questions like
    CSRF
    SSRF
    how different security tools were integrated to the pipeline
    which type of scans have which type of weaknesses and how to address that
    secure code review
    On and all wasn't that difficult and had a good mix of brainstorming and discussions.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Overall great experience with Glassdoor and the 4 step interview process.
    1. Introduction phone interview. From the very beginning the internal recruiter was very open and encouraging. She laid out what to expect and showed interest in my own expectations and goals.
    2. Karat technical assessment. After the phone screen was a technical interview with a third party interview platform, Karat. Over a recorded video conference with another engineer, I was asked a few open ended questions about React and JS. We then proceeded to work and talk through a technical coding challenge over a shared screen that had multiple iterations. I heard back from the internal recruiter who then helped set up the next interview and also provided the team's feedback on the recorded Karat interview. No other company I had interviewed with up that point had offered feedback so freely. It was refreshing and helpful. She also gave me a heads up on what I would most likely be tested on with the next technical interview, namely CSS.
    3. Technical interview with internal engineer. Great opportunity to talk with someone I would be working with at Glassdoor. It was easy to work with this person on the technical challenge, as they were curious about my approach and reasoning behind certain decisions that I was making. It gave me a sense of the culture at Glassdoor in working with the other engineers.
    4. Onsite interviews. The 5 hour onsite included multiple rounds of technical and behavioral interviews. Many of the technical interviews focused on open-ended, practical, white-boarding scenarios on topics such as web layout, React component design, and data fetching. While I am confident in my programming capabilities, I appreciated that at no point was I expected to whiteboard perfect code, they were mostly concerned with my approach and reasons for each decision. Each interviewer was easy to work with and eager to answer any questions that I had for them about working at Glassdoor. I was able to eat lunch with several of the team that I would be hired to work with, which was an excellent opportunity to talk about tech interests, Glassdoor culture, and get a feel for the general team vibes and excitement that they had for the product they were working on. The interview with the Product Manager was also very insightful into the product vision and was mostly focused on my experience working with others, challenges that I have faced, and how I have overcome them.

At the end of the day, I had come away from the experience confident that I had been given a a great opportunity to show my strengths and how I could be a good fit for the team, while at the same time, having learned quite a bit from all of the interviewers whenever there was any knowledge gaps. I really got a feel for how Glassdoor encourages learning and collaboration within teams and across the organization.

Follow-up: The internal recruiter was very communicative and set expectations about when I would hear back and what an offer might include. She followed through in a very timely manner (1 business day) with feedback and an offer! No unpleasant surprises, thorough details, and a reasonable time frame for my response.

Interview Questions

• How might you go about implementing a search page? Including component design, infinite scroll, data fetching, and CSS for a particular layout on the page.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

I first had a chat with the recruiter. Then a 1 hour zoom with the hiring manager. Then another 1 hour zoom with the hiring manager and 2 relationships managers (sales call/ presentation). Then Glassdoor organised me to fly from Dublin to London to have 3 more separate meetings. 4 different people. After that a final zoom interview with the senior director. As I was suggested for the hunter instead of growth role, I had another meeting with a different hiring manager. Then HR called me and told me I got it.

Interview Questions

• Examples of complex clients I dealt with and how I solved them   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.