Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and the tech stack caught my attention. After a call with the recruiter, I was asked for a technical phone screen. The screening question was a good mix of algorithms, data structures and design.

After clearing technical phone screen, I was invited for on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews excluding recruiter. I requested to spread the interviews over 2 days which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structure related questions. Pretty straightforward DFS, backtracking and Sets.   3 Answers
    • My people management style. Challenges faced in my (then) current role, was asked to provide examples etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).
    Interview process was really fast. Fastest than any other tech company.
    Interview process was really fast. Fastest than any other tech company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard basic behavioral and fit questions as well as run down on resume and explaining your experiences. Applied through college career website and interviewed on campus. Interviewed directly with manager and received offer next morning.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later was happy to receive an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. All was set but I ended up receiving an email an hour before our call from the recruiter asking to reschedule for the next day. Things happen and I didn't think much of it so I sent a few different availabilities but never heard back that day. I followed up for 4 consecutive days and again one last time a week after our scheduled call and still nothing. I was really excited about this opportunity and was very disappointed in the way things were handled, or lack of in this case. This is just flat out unprofessional and I don't understand why I was contacted to begin with if the tactic is to leave people hanging. Even if the role was filled or they decided to go with another candidate, have the decency to respond to an email.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked given that a call never happened   Answer Question

Jan. 3, 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. I am so sorry that you didn't hear back from us, especially given your excitement around the role. I agree that this is not ideal, and... More

Sales Operations, Strategy & Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was incredibly disappointing. I wanted to work at Glassdoor because I wanted to contribute to its mission of providing corporate and career transparency to their corporate clients and day to day users. After applying online, I received an email from one your recruiters to schedule a time for a phone interview. I replied with a set of time slots in which i would be available and also noted that I would be more than happy to accommodate any other time slot that would be more convenient for the recruiter. After checking my email HubSpot email tracker, I realized that I've been misled. The recruiter had opened my emails several times but she had yet to respond. Now I'm starting to question why she sent the initial email in the first place since she is deliberately not responding to my emails. I really hoped that the recruiters are mindful of their prospects' situation. There are times where a prospects' family and livelihood are at stake and is dependent on seizing the opportunity that is presented by the recruiter. Leaving the prospect hanging is definitely not best practice. This experience has somehow put Glassdoor in a negative light in my eyes. The company is not holding its employees up to the standard it strived for. Thier mission and standards are after all that attract talented prospects around the world to Glassdoor. I really wanted to work here too..

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jan. 3, 2017

​Thank you for your feedback. As you speculated, this is certainly not a best practice of our team and I'm very sorry that it was your experience. We do strive to offer a World Class candidate... More

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was organized very well and the whole Glassdoor approach was highly professional. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to many people. Group lunch was great. Interviewers clearly explained their roles and what my role is going to be. This is easily the best interview process I ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if contacted?   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

The HR rep was very new to the position and eventually that showed at the actual Skype interview with the hiring team. Half of the team she said would be giving the interview were not the actual attendees.The others were a surprise. (One senior person gave a me quick phone call...with one question about my family). Huh??

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were on the fly- it was obvious my resume was not even read prior to. Hard to understand the questions as they were not well thought out. The recruiter stressed the upcoming test had no wrong/right answers. This was a TRICK it was a math test that had right/wrong answers and requires you NOT use outside help. I was honest and did not. I tested the questions later and saw that if you Google each question the exact ones have been asked and answered already- hardly a coincidence. Glassdoor is fooling itself if they think everyone passes this test "on their own".( I later found out I did not "pass" and that it is needed in a sales position...huh???)!   1 Answer

Jun. 24, 2015 – VP, People

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I really appreciate the specifics, which we have studied and made improvements in our process. I am sorry you did not enjoy the process at... More

Senior PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two hour-long phone interviews for first and second stage and was then flown to Sausalito for final stage. This consisted of 1-2-1 interviews with six different people and an hour-long presentation at the end to those people. The presentation focussed on my key strengths and achievements, ideas for Glassdoor and rough plan for first three months in the job. It was very intense, but enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• A role play with one of the co-founders where I had to pretend to explain Glassdoor to my Mum and then a separate rapid-fire exercise describing Glassdoor in an ever-decreasing number of words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Glassdoor moved very quickly

Senior Web Developer Interview

Interview

The process kicked off with an e-mail asking to set up a technical phone screen. I was extremely excited to speak with Glassdoor as they were one of my top companies I was pursuing.

The phone call was scheduled for mid day. I received the call nearly 40 minutes past the time we agreed on (I had given up on the phone call by that point). The interview was off to a rough start.

We spoke about my background for 10 minutes and then dove right into the technical part. What I wasn't prepared for was what was to come next. I've had many technical interviews on the past. I enjoy them. I look forward to them because it's an engineer's time to shine.

For the next 35 minutes straight I was bombarded with question after question about the most intricate parts of css and html. Things like list out every possible unit of measure in css. List out every single html5 bracket. Define for me semantic html.

For 35 minutes straight and without a second gap in between I was bombarded. By the end of the interview I was so off balance from what had just happened. I could hear she wasn't pleased on the phone. I apologized for being a bit frazzled and reiterated my excitement for the opportunity at Glassdoor.

I hung up the phone and took a minute to think about what had just happened and realized... I just spent 45 minutes talking to this woman and she literally has no idea whether or not I can code. What I was quizzed on was my ability to regurgitate information from MDN. If this woman has been allowed to head up the interview process for any significant time I can't even imagine how many talented engineers have been screened out of the interview funnel because they don't remember that a pica is a unit of measurement in CSS.

Having not heard anything for a week after the phone screen I didn't have high hopes but I still sent an extremely enthusiastic e-mail thanking this woman for her time and explaining that I was beyond excited about the position. I also apologized for being caught a little off guard with a few of the questions as I prepped for a different interpretation of the job.

I received a canned e-mail about 3 minutes after my e-mail was sent rejecting me.

I cannot even express in words how put off I was by this process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very lengthy and challenging. I was impressed by the company every step of the way. You can tell that the management team knows what their doing. Very thorough and detailed process. In total I interviewed with 7 people.

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I found out about the open position through a friend/former colleague that works at Glassdoor. Once I sent her my resume, the process was very quick (around two weeks). I had two hour-long phone interviews with two members of the PR team, and then was brought in for four more in-person interviews with the PR team and a co-founder. Before the in-person interviews, I was also asked to write a press release based on data points from the site, and fill out an "ideas" document.

If you're going to interview at Glassdoor, think like a Boy Scout: Be Prepared. You will be asked to explain your press release and why you picked that angle. You will also be asked to pitch your press release to your interviewer (he stepped out of the room and had me pitch him on his cell phone). You will also be asked about your media contacts, your recent PR wins, and some of your favorite ideas from the document you filled out. Also be prepared to answer a few more "out of the box" questions like... explain Glassdoor in three words, pitch me the Glassdoor app but pretend we're in a noisy bar, pitch me Glassdoor to the least tech-savvy person you know. Like I said - Be Prepared!

From what I can tell, everyone at Glassdoor is hardworking and loves working hard at Glassdoor. They want to make sure that anyone they hire would fit into this culture. If you're not willing to really do your research and think about what you could bring to your team, then it's likely not a right fit for you.

This was the hardest interview I've ever had, but the most rewarding interview I've ever had. I learned just as much about Glassdoor and my future team members as much as they learned from me. I walked away from the interview knowing that accepting their offer was 100% the right decision for me.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn (I think not sure). They sent an email and asked when I could do a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.