Interview Question

Flight Attendant Interview

-Atlanta, GA

Delta Air Lines

Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

54 Answers

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been able to respond lately but, I started my process back in Nov. 2015.....completed my online video at the end of Dec 2015. I think they were having tech issues during the time I submitted my application though. I just rec'd a f2f this past Friday January 22, 2016. I have not rec'd a response for the date and time of my f2f yet. They give dates to select a preference of when you are available to interview and send it back via email. I didn't rec a phone call nor a email stating I would rec a phone call like some talked about. The online video was exactly as discribed on this post. Very accurate! I looked on this post to see the latest or most recent questions asked, sat down and typed out my experiences according to the questions posted here. I did this so I wouldn't forget or stumble over my words while on th actual online video. After that I practiced repeating my experiences I labeled each experience according to the questions.....name a time you went over and beyond for a customer, a time when you worked on a team and someone did not do his or her job what did you do and the outcome, discuss a time you worked with an employee that was difficult, what made them difficult and how did you overcome in that working relationship, what has been your most rewarding achievement and why, discuss a time you took initiative to satisfy a customers needs whiteout being asked to do so, what did you do and the outcome. I read here on the post to study the STAR Method when answering these questions so, I googled it and typed out my experiences according the STAR format which is an acronym on how to respond to these questions professionally and to the point so you don't have time to ramble. I read on this post that you only get 2-3 min per question so, I practiced recording myself first on my video cam on my laptop which will track your time and I reviewed it to make sure my tone, seating position, volume, lighting, background ( I sat in front of a nice picture and put a plant in my background to creat a office look) and dress was correct. I did dress as if I was physically AT THE INTERVIEW! Reading this post helped me tremendously. Everything discussed here was absolutely correct. I'm really thankful for this post I don't think I would have done as much to prepare. When reading this post I thought for a moment if this post was comprised of real people and actual interview experiences for FA and it really is and very accurate.....hope this helped everyone as it helped me....I will post my f2f interview date and time once I rec it and thanks to everyone for your support its very encouraging! Hope you rec your f2f interviews soon!!

Gp on

Good luck at your f2f. It is an amazing experience. Typically they fly you down the day before. One suggestion I have is make sure you eat a breakfast before hand if you are in the early morning group. It is a long day to go on an empty stomach. I did mine back in July and I start training Feb 22. Just know that it is a process. Everything done is in stages. Your f2f day will be amazing. The best piece of advice that I can give to you is to JUST BE YOURSELF. When I was preparing for the face-to-face I read in a lot of posts that you're supposed to smile a lot. While it is true that you need to have a great disposition and friendly personality to be a flight attendant you should not be fake. Smile, but don't over do it. Be genuine. There was a girl at my f2f that was smiling the whole time. It looked like she had her smile held in place with hair spray. There is not need for that. You are assessed from the moment you enter to the moment you leave. So make sure you do interact and also it's important to be seen as personable gracious and accommodating. Also make sure you follow the directions to the letter. When they ask you to state your name what you do for a living where you're from etc. do exactly that and don't embellish. They have a process that works. They want to know that you can follow direction as well as think independently. More than anything as it sounds like you already have ,prepare prepare prepare. Read the questions on here and answer them based upon your own experience. And yes, they do want you to answer in STAR format. Make sure you dress the part too. Most of all if you don't get picked don't give up. Sometimes you have to apply two or three times as a friend of mine did. She now flies with Delta. Good luck and enjoy your day at Delta. 😊

Anonymous on

I don't know. This is my 1st time applying. However, I would suggest reading up on Delta Airlines as a whole on the website. Find out what their interests are in the world. Find out what their philanthropic interests are. Go to youtube and look at video footage. The questions you had on here may not be asked but the questions will be in the same format. Take your time in the meeting to gather your thoughts before answering, I read somewhere that they give you that time instead of say Ummm, and bumbling. Smile and be sociable from the time you get there with others. Good Luck to you.

Rarah on

What date did you start this process?

Rarah on

As a, “Support Coordinator,” though we are only to visit our clients in their homes and/or day programs, if they go into the hospital, we do not have to visit them there. We are told to wait until they return to their homes and/or day programs to begin our visits again. Our only directive in these instances is to call the provider to check up on their status and document those status updates. One of my clients became extremely ill and I had been documents the process prior to hospitalization. His family were all living in the same State but over 2 hours away. Most families don’t realize that their loved one is monitored by 2-3 organizations and each of those organizations have different areas of motorization for each client. Because of this, some families become frustrated and blame all involved thinking we are all the same organization. This client’s family was not able to immediately and were extremely frustrated so I decided to go to the hospital daily to find out my clients status and to update them daily until they arrived. Once they arrived, I was able to meet with them in a conference room at the hospital and gave them a clear understanding of who I was and my duties regarding their loved one. Because I had been speaking to them from the initial point of my client’s illness and they finally were able to put a face with my phone voice, they humbled themselves and thanked me for all I had done for them. They also sent a letter to my Supervisor to express those same sentiments about me.

Anonymous on

Seek the Question and Answer I have before the comments section. Also look for these on other profiles. There are many, mostly the same.

Rarah on

Okay so its pretty much the same questions that everyone has posted wasn't sure if they threw a curve ball or not LoL. I know to dress as if it was a live interview but did you wear any makeup?

Momo on

Also, I started my process on the 12th when did u start yours?

Momo on

You need to read everything from the top. I started this post and it gives dates. I was asking Gp when they started their process since they have f2f interview. Thanks

Rarah on

Yes, it would be nice to know when Gp submitted the video. I submitted mine 1/8/16 and still current under review.

sj on

Thanks so much. Good luck with that and please keep me updated.

Rarah on

Have you rec'd a response for a f2f interview yet? I'm still waiting to hear something. If you'd like, we can communicate via email, maybe we will end up in the same interview/training class!!

Anonymous on

No I have not heard anything back yet. I will respond on here. Good luck and keep me updated on your end.

Rarah on

Great, no problem, I will respond on here too. I haven't heard anything but will let you know when I do.

Anonymous on

Hey guys! I went to the Delta Site today and noticed that the job posting for "Flight Attendant Non-Bilingual" is no longer available. As a matter-of-fact there are only to "Flight Attendant," job postings available today for French & Japanese speaking applicants. I still show, "Current Under Review." Will keep you posted and you guys keep me posted

Rarah on

Hey! Just went to the delta website to check my status and it is now under "Archived" but still showing " Under Review". Is that good or bad??

Anonymous on

I am going to find posts to cut and paste here so you can see what they say. This is my 1st time applying so I don't truly know. Give me a second to find a few posts where people say they were put under archived but still under review. They probably just have not gotten to mine yet.

Rarah on

I went to some of the interviewers post and they have posted that it doesn't mean your out. In fact, quite a few of them had the same experience ( Archived/ Under Review) and still rec'd a f2f interview.....I will continue to stand in faith!

Anonymous on

Yes, I'm glad you found them. I just wanted to give their account.

Rarah on

Thanks for you help and concern! Have you heard anything yet or any changes to your status??

Anonymous on

No, I have not. I will def. Post if there are any changes.

Anonymous on

I rec'd a f2f interview invitation on Friday. Sent in my preferences for interview times that are available waiting for a response!! I'm so excited.....have you heard anything yet??

Gp on

Awesome! I really think when you are moved to archived its an internal message to other recruiters that your file is being processed. I'm not sure but, it makes since. I'm excited for you all for your courage and strength to share in your outcome. I will continue to post as well.....

GP on

Around what time were the emails for f2f sent for each one of you? It's driving me crazy checking my email everyday!

Sac on

I received my f2f on 1/22/16.......

GP on

I mean actual time, not the date.

Sac on

Sorry, usually early morning early morning between 9:00 or 10:00am est.

Gp on

hi rarah! Just wondering if you have heard anything after moving to archived "under review'? Best of luck and THANKS for sharing your experience!

joyful on

Hey Joyful! There has been no change. Still "ARCHIVED UNDER REVIEW" I attempted to reply to you from my phone but it kept giving me an error message. I will definitely post if there is any changes in my process one way or another. Have you posted your process on here? If not, can you give a timeline of your process please. Thanks in advance and good luck to you!

Rarah on

Hi Rarah! Thanks so much for taking time to reply and I hope that you hear something SOON! My timeline is as follows: 1-15 Competed application 1-22 Video invitation 1-24 Completed video 1-29 Status moved from "current" under review to "archive" under review 2-1 Status moved back to "current" this morning and received F2F invitation this afternoon. I will be checking back to see good news from you!! Best of luck and best wishes!

Joyful on

Thanks for all the information here. It has been so helpful. I recently got invited to the F2F interview. If anyone else will be in Atlanta on the 2/12 lmk. I would really enjoy meeting you at the interview. Good luck everyone.

Anonymous on

Good morning everyone! Rarah, have heard anything yet??

Gp on

Have anyone else heard anything??

Gp on

Sac, have you heard anything?

Gp on

No, I have not heard a peep. My status is still "ARCHIVED UNDER REVIEW." I am keeping myself busy editing one of my book for the 2nd time, working on our taxes, completing financial aid applications. Tomorrow I will be finished everything but editing. I will pick up reading up on Delta in different areas and reviewing Star questions I have answered in writing based on my experiences. How is everything going with you Gp?

Rarah on

I would like to chime in... no news is usually good news. They know right away if they don't want you. Also I'll be interviewing in Atlanta for the f2f on Thursday Feb 17th at 730. Does anyone have any more tips. Maybe what kind of questions they ask in the one on one part. I don't want to be fumbling with my words.

Mella on

Good Evening Mella, I am content with whatever decision is made on my behalf because I love the experience of interviewing. I have not interviewed in a very long time and the experience alone is priceless to me. I read a couple of places that no one posts actual question from the actual f2f interviews because they tell you not to. But they also say and I truly believe that you should continue study your STAR format of questions and answers. What I found helpful was to write the questions down and then answer them based on my experiences. Also look up Star Format interviews on youtube and google. The important thing is that you feel comfortable with those. Also, don't forget to wear a watch because I read on one post that this will be an important element to you being on time when scheduled to work. I heard they look for that. I am sure you are going to dress the part. I would also read up on all the information about Delta. The information is very interesting. Do you mind giving your timeline on when you started this process to your F2F. Please and Thank you.

Rarah on

Everything is going great Rarah! I am still studying my experiences in STAR format and reminiscing about a few more past experiences to be on the safe side. This have been a wonderful experience......the preparation alone have changed my life forever. I think you are in a good position though. I was archived and under current as well. so be encouraged i believe it will come. I will interview on 2/17/16 @ 7:30am as well so, hopefully i will get a chance to meet you in person Amella!

GP on

Hey Mella! I am doing the F2F interview on the exact same date and time you are! :) I'm so nervous!

Alabama on

Okay! Best of luck to you.

momo on

Hey guys, I looked on the Delta site and they have reposted the "Flight Attendanta No Bilingual Skills," job again today.

Rarah on

Thanks Momo, same to you.

Rarah on

Momo, I read that you should wear minimal make-up, maybe natural shades. Earrings should be small and if you wear a necklace, maybe a string of pearls. I would look at how the Flight Attendants dress the part. I wouldn't go buy anything expensive as you will get uniforms when you are hired.

Rarah on

@Gp Thank you so much for taking the time to write out all of your helpful comments as well as share your timeline. I know you'll enjoy your f2f interview. I did mine in July, however, did not receive a CJO so am trying a 3rd time. Good luck!!!!!!

sj on

No I have not rec'd anything by email. So very happy for you. You will do an awesome job.

Anonymous on

Hello Everyone, I have been moved from "Current Under Review" to "Archived Under Review". Not sure which way this will go but I will definitely give you and update if there is a change either way.

Rarah on

This is very helpful information. Thanks for posting it all. Thanks for telling us when you initially got started because that timeline is important. I will prepare and definitely be myself. Much easier and I know no other way. You are amazing. Congratualations!!!

Rarah on

Hi everyone! I'm pretty nervous about my first digital interview tomorrow. What should I expect? How was it for everyone? I wish you all the best of luck.

Anonymous on

Not sure if you were being smart or not this is a thread whether I read the thread from the top or not we are here to help each other or to find out the progress of one another! Thanks @rarah

Momo on

It is not my way to create indifference. I was trying to be helpful. This is the reason I love to speak in person, because of this very thing. The question and answer that I left was very long and this is why I suggested that you start from the beginning because I give very detailed information about every date that occurred in this process. I hope this clears that up. I am a writer so I try to be as clear as possible.

Rarah on

Awesome response! I just completed my online video January 2016 around the same date and waiting to here something also.....

Anonymous on

Hi everybody i have to complete my online video by Monday 1/25. Can you guys give me some questions they asked during the online interview ?

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.