General Motors (GM) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

General Motors (GM) Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

1,497 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to perform a digital interview about a week later. The interview portion took about 20 minutes and then they had you play three games, not too hard. The next day I got an email to participate in a phone screening. After this I was told I would hear back in mid-September if I was chosen for a skype interview. I did not hear back until around October 7 that I had received a skype interview. I interviewed with one person, very nice lady. Received an offer exactly three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly STAR questions. describe a time you had to help a coworker, etc,   Answer Question

Assistante HSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gonesse (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Gonesse (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

Présentation du RH et du responsable HSE
    Présentation du cursus et des expériences en lien avec le domaine
    Questions techniques
    Questions sur la motivation et la personnalité
    telles que :

Communiquez vous de la même manière face à un opérateur et un directeur?

R : Non.
    Face à un opérateur, je suis plus à l'écoute et fait preuve de plus de curiosité car connaître le coeur de métier est primordial. Je fais aussi attention dans l'utilisation d'un vocabulaire moins technique (en ce qui concerne mon métier) car je ne veux pas le mettre mal à l'aise ou croire que je le prends de haut.
    Face à un directeur, je suis directe est concise. J'ai bien consciente qu'il a une charge de travail assez lourde et que son temps est précieux. Je peux me permettre d'utiliser un vocabulaire plus technique après avoir vérifié son aise sur ce sujet.

Visite du site

Interview Questions

• Communiquez vous de la même manière face à un opérateur et un directeur?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Had to do a virtual interview thing that involved recording video responses to questions. Then I got contacted by HR confirming my details. Said they would get my application in front of a hiring manager. Had to find out I was rejected on the online portal, never got a call back or anything. I applied to another position some time later and got to skip the video questions and testing for that part. Had two one-hour interviews (back to back) with different managers. Didn't ask technical stuff, just behavioral and stuff about interests and backgrounds. Overall seemed promising, but got an email letting me know I wasn't chosen for a position.

Interview Questions

• IQ type game (match the color pattern, complete the math problems as quickly as possible, etc).   Answer Question
    • Describe background.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Speedy, good interaction with human resources, uses an outdated browser IDE so be aware of that for timing constraints. Aside from that there were IQ and memory games which were required.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult coding challenge you've encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Dealer Chat Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

The interview was good. Was asked to do a simulation chat with a senior advisor on the team. Questions were pretty straight forward. Overall this was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish in the first week/month/year in this role?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed first with a recruiter that connected me with a marketing lead in the company. The first interview was missed on their side based on a communication issue. My official first interview was via phone, then was not contacted for 2 months. Finally I received a call back and was brought in more formally.

Track Interview

Application

Interview

applied online in September 2019, completed hirevue interview one day after submitting application (I received an automated email). Had a phone screen about a month later and they scheduled a skype interview in December which is the final step. They cancelled the skype interview one day before and said they did not have enough staff to complete an interview and told me they would not be proceeding. Contacted me again in February asking if I was still interested and I said yes, we scheduled a second Skype interview which was cancelled one hour before, after I already took a half day from work. Rescheduled a third skype interview and as I forwarded my Thank you email to the recruiter i was told two days after the interview that they decided to go with another candidate.

TLDR: About 7 months of an interview process to get declined so quickly. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t frustrating.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you worked with a team to complete an objective before a certain deadline   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

The first step was a hireview online, recorded interview with IQ tests (that were in the form of games). The second step was a short phone call. The third step was a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you had to work with someone who was not doing there fair share of work.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

over the phone interview with shop foreman in which he asked a few questions on my skill and ability. was more interested in if I needed to be trained or not. Job was offered after interview

Interview Questions

• What is my experience working on cars geared towards.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Hirevue digital interview with six behavioral questions (STAR) followed by three games (arithmetic, pattern recognition, and memory). It is definitely strange completing a one-way interview, I feel it would be much easier answering the questions in person. I was not invited to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a month or more to prepare for a presentation, difficult task, ect. and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • If you were offered a job tomorrow and asked to use skills outside your comfort zone, how would you take it and adapt?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you set challenging goals for a project and what you did to achieve these goals. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you joined a team and worked together to accomplish a common goal. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on a project or school assignment. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome of your final decision.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I was first reached out to complete a HireVue interview. The virtual "interview" is handled asynchronously, meaning you record your answers after given a minute to prepare and are given two attempts to answer each STAR question.
    Afterwards, I was tasked to complete 3 games: Rapid fire simple algebra, pattern matching (think iq test style cubes), and a short term memorization game. The whole process was fun, but fairly lengthy for such a preliminary process.

I was then reached out to for a phone screen that briefly discussed my goals, salary expectations, and a couple brief STAR questions. After that they informed me that I would be reached out to by the team pending on the completion of a online leetcode style technical interview. The problems were easy to medium difficulty if you are familiar with leetcodes difficulty system.

I did not hear back for about a week until I was scheduled for a final skype interview. The conversation was STAR and non-technical but sometimes probed for further technical depth in terms of explaining projects I had participated in (i.e. technologies used and why)

I did not hear back for another two weeks, but was later reached out for with an offer letter.

The entire process itself was very positive, but there were communication gaps that left me questioning whether the process was still ongoing.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker and had to resolve the dispute using facts.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.