Galvanize Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

In Person11%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Galvanize

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galvanize

Interview

They really test your knowledge, so be prepared to answer! They give you a screening interview before you can go on. Super quick and to the point. Seemingly very nice, but they expect only the best candidates.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to detail and describe my qualifications.
    Answer Question

Galvanize

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Galvanize

Interview

The interview process was multi-stage with several different contacts ranging from Manager/Director/VP level. The process involved a presentation centered on a business plan, followed by a question and answer session.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

214 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in May 2021

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter and had a total of 6 interviews that spanned over 3 months. I met almost every team I would have worked with (6 interviews with 5 different functional areas) and had a good conversation throughout. Got a pretty good gauge of the personalities at the company. As much as I was grateful that I was able to interview and meet all the folks, it was very longwinded process and I had to work hard to stay motivated to prepare for every interview especially because I am still at my current 9-5. It seems like the company is doing through another stage of growth after their acquisition

Interview Questions
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you think the sales team adopted your marketing messaging at your current role?

Galvanize

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galvanize in Apr 2021

Interview

The entire interview process took around 3 weeks to complete. It started with a screening round over a call to check for fit. It was followed by a written technical test. Once the results were in there were 3 rounds of interviews. One was a technical interview with the team, the next was a general round with the manager and finally there was a HR round. Had a really good experience throughout the interview and I was kept in the loop the entire time by the HR. The questions asked were relevant to the position being applied for and the last job profile.

Interview Questions
  • Topics : Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Version Control (Git)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process spanned over 3 months and I met 6 different individuals on 5 different teams. I was approached by a recruiter and had high hopes because of the acquisition from Diligent and that Galvanize is a Vancouver-based company. The interview process was extraordinarily drawn out and it was difficult to stay motivated when preparing for the interview process. I understand that there were some changes to the organization during the time, I just wished that they were upfront about their timeline. It felt like I had to constantly reach out to schedule the next call because there was no follow up from the team after each interview. It felt like the only reason why we finally concluded the interviews was because I had mentioned to the hiring manager that I am at the final round stage with another company. Regarding the teams and culture there: it was very evident that Galvanize is a company with growing pains including lack of processes, change management, and had not scaled well in the past. There were many big personalities (not uncommon for older companies their size) and they made it clear that the role I would be going into would be a difficult one (which is fair).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Galvanize

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galvanize in Feb 2021

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager for a zoom call to discuss the position and review my background and skills. The interview lasted for half an hour. They said the next round would be with an HR rep but I never heard back. I guess I should have known better based on the glassdoor reviews about ghosting potential candidates.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

Three step interview process. First stage is a one on one phone screen interview with the hr. Second stage is a coding test with three questions, and finally a zoom interview with the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in Jun 2020

Interview

I was approached by Galvanize for an exciting opportunity in their marketing team and I enjoyed meeting with everyone - every person was lovely to talk to. The process was going well for the first 3 weeks, and a degree of urgency had been communicated to me so I did everything to accomodate the time for multiple interviews with multiple stakeholders. However, following that I have heard nothing but radio silence, despite my numerous attempts to get feedback on the next steps. After investing close to 3.5 hours into the process, it was really disappointing to never hear back from anyone - not even from an automated HR system, which makes me doubt if I was even seriously considered. I respect the decision not to hire me, but I did invest the time during the work hours that had to be made up later. All this left a bit of an unpleasant "after taste" for me, especially from a company that is being recognized as a top employer in the province for several years in a row. My advice to Galvanize - if I am a "spare" candidate, please try to minimize the hours I have to spend interviewing and even I have to, take 5 minutes from your day to send a short acknowledgement and thank people for their time.

Interview Questions
  • Case based questions Describe experience with different marketing platforms
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of interviews. First initial phone interview with a efficient and friendly Recruitment Coordinator, chatted about formal experience and role related questions. She was personable and I felt like it was the environment I see myself in. Second onsite interview was a week later with two leaders. It was a serious get down to business type of interview, all experience based questions with a little scenario role-play. They asked me salary expectations and where else have I applied to and how they compared. I felt like it went well and they mentioned that they would provide me details of next steps end of week. I was ghosted. 2 weeks later I thought about following up and/or just to gather some feedback but then again, I thought about the stern atmosphere and the non existent common courtesy to follow up. If that's how they treat their interviewees, then I don't think its in my best interest to value their feedback. I do still see the role up and refreshed here and there.

Interview Questions
  • Where else are you applying at? Salary expectations? What is your selling style? What product do we sell?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Galvanize (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

HR phone call screening first interview with the hiring manager second interview with the team the entire process took 1 week was sent the offer after one week and joined the first tuesday of the coming week

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle multiple requests and how would you prioritize them? How would you handle requests from sales when everyone wants their task done immidiatly?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews