GEICO Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,264 of over 3,264.0 interviews

Employee Referral4%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds. and the interview panel consisted of 5 people. The first round focus was mostly on behavioral questions and overall experience. The second round was completely technical.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself in brief
    Answer Question

GEICO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Very hard and lengthy interview. Did a typing test, a mock phone test, two interviews and shadowed an employee for two hours then ended with a final interview. Be prepared to be there for hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about GEICO

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

GEICO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2022

Interview

There are multiple steps to this process. After submitting your application, you take a test, and if you pass that, the next step is a recording interview. The questions are standard. You have three attempts to answer them. I was informed I passed and that someone would reach out to schedule a manager interview in 72 hours. After 72 business hours, I had yet to receive any calls or emails. I reached out to the recruiter, who emailed me the test, and was emailed a day later by someone else to set up the manager interview. They give you dates and times to choose from for the interview time. I had an interview set for Friday, but someone was hired beforehand for the job. I was emailed that my interview had been canceled.

Interview Questions
  • Without answering why Geico, why do you feel you are a good fit for this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in May 2022

Interview

First interview over the phone went very well, I was then emailed a link for an online assement which I passed. I then was contacted to set up a 2ned interview with the hiring manager. The second phone interview was scheduled a few days in advance with the hiring manger and was scheduled by the hiring manager. I followed the instructions and called for the interview on time. I was out on hold for over an hour and they hiring manager never answered the phone. I then imminently emailed the hiring manager and she didn’t respond for several days. I got a generic email at midnight that they decided not to hire me. A few days later I got an email from the hiring manager saying that I didn’t get the job because I had failed the online assessment. I emailed the hiring manager back and stated that I did in fact complete and pass the online assessment. About 30minires later I got a phone call from the hiring manager stating that while I did pass the online assessment that she didn’t show up to work the past 3 days and that she apologized for not showing up to the scheduled interview and wasting my time. She said that she had dropped the ball and wanted to tell me over the phone call instead of put it in writing via email. She still stated that I wouldn’t be hired and she stated that I could apply again with Geico after 6 months. Complete waste of my time and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2022

Interview

An interview with the hiring manager followed by a team meetup. The interview with the hiring manager went quite well but she had a very strong ego and attitude. I asked about how many rounds of interviewing for this role, she angrily answered it's up to her to decide whether to approve me for later rounds and abruptly ended the interview. Was very rude interviewer. The rejection email was sent 3 weeks afterwards

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Baltimore, MD) in May 2022

Interview

I went through three interviews. I was very transparent with my salary expectation through my recruiter before I interviewed with them. This company asks candidate to code for 2 days and come up with solution for a problem sent by them in email. Only after that you will see them for interview. I sent them the solution by zip file. The solution involved creating a service that is deployed in Azure which I did. After I sent them the coded solution, the recruiter tells me company did not receive your zip file. However, I could tell that the service I deployed to Azure was being utilized from Azure portal. I looked at request count in Azure and found out that service was hit very first day I sent the solution. FYI: I sent three different ways -by email (2 to 3 times), shared one drive link and finally Github repo link. They did this to buy more than one week of time to interview other candidates. They were not truthful and lied from the beginning. After more than a week, company finally scheduled a bunch of virtual meetings with them. I met multiple members over virtual interview. From the interview process, both the company and recruiter was misleading. For example, the company will ask you to code for 2 days. The recruiter said that's all that you will do in interview process as far as coding is concerned. Just before I had virtual interview, they mentioned you need to solve algorithm question. I did not mind solving the algorithm question and was able to easily solve the problem. However, neither the company or the recruiter was transparent. In addition, the offer they made was significantly lower than what I was asking. Do not waste your time interviewing with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA) in May 2022

Interview

Employer sent me an email requesting me to answer a WOPT. Then another email to do a situational judgment test online - easy. Then another email requesting a phone interview - 20-60mins.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was divided into several parts... situational if i could work weekends and holidays...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA)

Interview

The process has stages. The first is the computer portion, the second is the mock answering the phone portion where they give you a paper with information and you are the customer service representative, the third section is where they have you shadow several employees, the last is an interview with the hiring manager. I found that the interview I had with the hiring manager was one of the most uncomfortable and unprofessional experiences I have ever had during an interview. He brought me in his office, closed the door, and his behavior was unprofessional. I did not feel comfortable talking with him and I felt he was extremely insincere and manipulative. It was a horrible experience at that point. He felt so slimy, I have no idea if there are other examples of this behavior but I did not feel safe and would not recommend. During the shadowing of two employees I saw them have mental breakdowns in the midst of the pressure of the workload and abusive customer interactions. I was shocked,

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Unbelievable waste of time. I will never have anything to do with this company again because this has been such a negative experience. Spent 6+ hours going through multiple interviews and assessments and passing those, only to make it to the final “panel” interview and later get a rejection email. The video interview was unnecessarily intimidating; the recruiter sat there in silence staring at me for the first 5 minutes before the manager got there. I tried to make small talk, but the recruiter was not friendly. They sat in on the entire interview but did not ask me any questions, just stared at me straight faced the whole time. If you are at all an introvert, do not even bother applying because they will sniff that right out and cast you aside.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the program? Why Geico? What motivates you? How would you motivate an employee that is underperforming? Tell me about a time when your supervisor gave you negative feedback? Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision? What is your leadership style? How would you handle supervising someone with more tenure than you?

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Recruiter is very helpful during the process. The process has been easy and everything is explained. I will be having a second interview which consist of a video call. They sent a link for a video to watch in which she explained they will be asking questions about and it is different calls which she advised i take notes on

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,264 Interviews