GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

GE Capital Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Capital

375 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
68%
18%
14%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
44%
18%
14%
12
5
4
3

Difficulty

2.9
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1.  

    Director Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Declined Offer
    Neutral Experience

    Interview

    Le processus d'embauche s'est deroule de maniere tres professionnelle, a la fois avec des experts metiers posant les questions techniques propres au poste, et avec des specialistes RH posant des questions plus generales. L'accent a ete mis sur les experiences passees : quelles lecons tirer des erreurs et des succes rencontres, comment gerer le stress en equipe, et equilibrer le temps passe au travail et pour soi. Au total, un dialogue constructif et engageant.


  2.  

    Directeur des Risques Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Declined Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    (Translated from English)

    Application

    I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Paris (France)) in August 2010.

    Interview

    L'interview est O.K., mais les négociations salariales prennent des heures.

    Interview Questions

    • Quel poste vous verriez vous occuper dans la société d'ici deux ou trois ans ?   Answer Question

    Reasons for Declining

    L'argent.

  3. Helpful (1)  

    Stagiaire en Informatique Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    (Translated from English)

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Paris (France)) in February 2012.

    Interview

    J'ai postulé via la page carrières du site de GE Capital RE. J'ai été contacté par le directeur qui serait éventuellement mon tuteur une semaine après. Un premier entretien avec lui, où nous avons discuté essentiellement autour du poste et de mon expérience technique. Comme il n'y avait pas de compétence très technique impliquée dans ce travail, je n'ai pas eu de tests techniques.

    J'ai eu ensuite un deuxième entretien avec un directeur des ressources humaines, avec lequel j'ai parlé fondamentalement de moi (personnalité), et on m'a demandé de discuter pendant 10 minutes en anglais.

    Interview Questions

    Negotiation

    Je n'ai pas négocié mon salaire ( échelle salariale en fonction du niveau d'études ), et j'ai accepté tout de suite ce qu'ils m'ont offert.


  4.  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital.

    Interview

    J'ai postulé sur le site officiel de GE Capital, j'ai reçu un entretien téléphonique avec le RH un mois après. Questions concernant la disponibilité, conventionné par l'école ou pas, etc. Ensuite j'ai passé un entretien avec le manager (qui était aussi mon tuteur pendant mon stage), questions compétences, la connaissance des marchés immobiliers commerciales de l'Europe, les méthodes de valorisation de propriété commerciale, des questions obligatoires en anglais, questions de personnalité, la culture de GE Capital

    Interview Questions

    • Questions techniques concernant la connaissance sur les marchés immobiliers commerciales, les méthodes de valorisation de propriété commerciale
      Questions obligatoires en anglais
      Personnalité, La culture de GE Capital   Answer Question

  5.  

    Paralegal Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Declined Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Capital.

    Interview

    Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

    Reasons for Declining

    There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.


  6.  

    Paralegal Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT (US)) in May 2013.

    Interview

    It was very long. I met with my (future) supervisor, her supervisor, and her supervisor. This was after a phone interview with an off-site HR company that screens for GE employees. Last I met with HR - I thought to iron out salary, etc., but it was an actual interview, going through my resume etc.

    Interview Questions

    • "If you are someone who is accustomed to having someone make your copies, write your correspondence, etc., you will not do well here." (obviously, it depends on what role you are in)   1 Answer

  7. Helpful (1)  

    Performance Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT (US)) in March 2008.

    Interview

    Talk to many people within various functional teams. The company gave me the opportunity to go after 3 positions and asked me to prioritize according to importance. Company looks for good communicators and leaders.

    Interview Questions

    • name a project that failed, described how it helped you become a better performer.   1 Answer

    Negotiation

    I didn't negotiate enough, but felt they were tough on providing more vacation days.

  8. Helpful (2)  

    Associate Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

    Interview

    Behavioral Interviews, Technical Finance questions

    Interview Questions

    • Walk through cash flow model   1 Answer

    Negotiation

    none


  9. Helpful (3)  

    Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2013.

    Interview

    Applied online and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter who was very nice. Interviewed via phone, basic questions, reviewed my resume and experience. Received an email three days later for a face to face interview with the hiring manager in the Chicago office. Upon arrival the hiring manager let me know they were busy and didn't have time to interview me. The interview lasted about 12 minutes before I was hustled out the door. Was a huge waste of my time. If the hiring manager didn't have time or didn't feel I was qualified for the position I should had never been scheduled to come in anyway. Have not heard back, not interested. I couldn't imagine working with this person.

    Interview Questions

    • None. When you get 12 minutes, there were really no questions asked.   Answer Question

  10.  

    Associate Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Capital.

    Interview

    Full day of interviews. Took about 2 weeks in all to get hired. Met with manager, a few team members and HR Basic technical questions as well as behavioral questions were asked. A few tough questions to see if you think on your feet.

    Interview Questions

    • Tell me about a time when you were in a group and a few members weren't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.