GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

GE Aviation Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Aviation

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Phone screen consisting of resume overview, highlighting experiences, answer behaviorial questions. In-person interview basically the same, but repeated several times over with 4 different groups of people. In-person interview as about 3.5 hrs long. Phone screen was about 1 hr. Know your resume well and prepare to describe anything on there in greater detail since some questions really drilled down into an experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach resolving a problem with a difficult supplier   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Interview

One in-person interview with all behavioral questions. The interviewer listed out behavioral interview questions that you had to answer one by one. No technical questions were asked although this was for a technical role.

Research and Development Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

It was a short 30 minute interview. It started with logistical questions, then moved on to behavioral based questions, and the final part was left open for the candidate to ask whatever questions they had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback that was unexpected.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Huntsville, AL (US)).

Interview

Started with a half hour phone interview with a GE Aviation recruiter. A week later I received an invite for on-site interview scheduled at 5pm to 8 pm with less than 24 hour notice. Notably I was over 600 miles away. I requested another date time. Asked about travel arrangements, none were offered or questions answered after requesting. I was informed that the interview group had no dates available. No answers to travel arrangements which meant it comes out of your pocket. Several of my friends wondered if the job may have been a scam. About a week later I received a typical canned email message "Thanks for your interest".

Cyber Security Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation in January 2020.

Interview

3 phone interviews with mainly software developers seeking people "like them" and with "less experience". They should hire publicly "software developers with secure coding experience" than "Security Architect". All professional security certifications will not provide candidates to fit their definition of "Cyber Security Architect". The recruitment team was friendly and expedient. I will advise them to have more objective criteria than the subjective ones they are using and to stick to their job description. If you are seeking a software developer, why do you ask questions about organizational governance ? I got the feeling the job interview was about learning from my experience and then, just discard me as "your experience does not fit what we are seeking". My answer is: If it does not fit, do not ask about thru 3 interviews. The skills and growth capabilities of a candidate is not valued at all: it is doubtful GE Aviation is today hiring any potential people to build their technological future.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement Secure Design in Agile environment ?   1 Answer
    • How do you modify the organization culture towards Secure Design practice in development teams ?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a hiring manager a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Interview was technical but casual and relaxed. Manager was quite friendly and I like that they don't give an HR screen (I find those a waste of time). Interview went well and lasted about 45 minutes. He needed engineers now but I was looking for an entry-position in starting May/June so it didn't work out. My graduation date was on my resume, unsure why he interviewed me but it was a good experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with test engineering?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with programming controllers and sensors?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

A campus recruiter conducted a 30 minute interview and asked several behavioral questions. There were several scenario questions and some questions regarding strengths and weaknesses. Overall I would say the interview process was very quick and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you took a risk and failed? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at an academic conference who gave me a 30 minute interview slot later that day. The interview consisted entirely of behavioral questions. The questions were not tricky, mainly just determining your personality and if it fits for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team.   1 Answer

Engineer Aerodynamics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Evendale, OH (US)).

Interview

It was in three 45 minute interviews with 5-10 minute breaks in between. First with direct hiring managers, second with HR, and third with other hiring managers from related divisions. At the end they brought in two other hiring managers who may have related openings soon to interview me while i was there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict/difficulty with a group member. What happened and what resulted from it?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

3 hour interview with 8 different leaders. Each leader had different topics to discuss. Behavioral, Situational, Technical, and Quality. Pretty laid back. Team building exercise at the end with legos. Cool process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when u had to chose production over quality?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.