FortuneBuilders Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

FortuneBuilders Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at FortuneBuilders

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in February-2018.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview with the internal recruitment representative. The next day I had my 1:1 and really enjoyed learning about the company culture, which apparently includes clapping it out after successes, group dinners, a book club, and more. Then an interview was set with the sales team. The recruitment person coached me on providing fuller responses to questions about my short and long term goals and interest in the company and I went through their materials (brochure, informational video, testimonials) a second time to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview with the two senior staff was very strange. Their tone was antagonistic, asking questions not in a conversational way, but almost as if they expected to catch me in a lie. One fellow did not understand that when you have 2 jobs at the same employer and one job ends in a particular month and the other starts in the following month that means you got promoted and it's not an "employment gap." I was asked questions about my former industry which did not pertain to my ability to be their next Account Executive and would have required a much greater background of understanding on their part. I was asked multiple questions about my personal credit history and retirement investments. An understanding of financial concepts may be tangentially required for a position that relates to student tuition collections, but these questions felt invasive. Overall the sales team gave off a dismissive vibe and it soured my view of the company. I received an email a few days later saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

8 Mar, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt our hiring managers came across in a manner that does not match our culture. We are always... More

Other Interview Reviews for FortuneBuilders

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted a week and half later by a recruiter for a phone screening. This lasted for about an hour and consisted mostly of him detailing the responsibilities of the role. I was asked the basic, "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why do you want to leave your current job?" questions. At the end of the call we set up an in-person interview for the following week.

A week later I have a one on one interview with the director of HR. The interview lasts for a little over an hour, and I'm asked questions about my past experience and my goals. At the end of the interview I'm told the head of sales will review HR's interview notes and then schedule a third interview, and that I can expect to be contacted within the week.

That was the last time I heard from the company. A week went by and I didn't receive any type of response, negative or positive. This is very disappointing considering the interviews went well, and I was specifically told I would be contacted. What's up with that FortuneBuilders? I took time out of my day to meet with you and I couldn't even get an email back? Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

16 May, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview feedback with us. First off, please let me apologize that we did not execute on the expectations that were set in your interview. We should have... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.